Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bravos

Token

Bravos
« on: December 04, 2019, 01:05:09 PM »
Braves sign Cole Hammels today. 1 year deal reportedly around 18 million.  Still in the hunt for 3rd since Donaldson had a huge year and wanted to test market. 

Whether or not Donaldson stays (Hope he does) it would be fantastic for Cole to have the same kind of rebound year in 2020 as Donaldson did in 2019. He would also have a bigger impact as the Braves haven’t had a true ace in a long long time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Bravos
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 01:55:49 PM »
Braves sign Cole Hammels today. 1 year deal reportedly around 18 million.  Still in the hunt for 3rd since Donaldson had a huge year and wanted to test market.

Whether or not Donaldson stays (Hope he does) it would be fantastic for Cole to have the same kind of rebound year in 2020 as Donaldson did in 2019. He would also have a bigger impact as the Braves haven’t had a true ace in a long long time.
While he is getting a little long in the tooth, he did really well pitching in Wrigley the last couple of seasons.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 02:30:52 PM »
Cole Hamels 137 years old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 02:43:05 PM »
Gets him out of the Central.  Win/Win in my book.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 02:44:56 PM »
He was teh awesome on the same staff as Nolan Ryan tho
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 02:58:13 PM »
He was teh awesome on the same staff as Nolan Ryan tho
Fo realz.  Remember when he broke in the league.  Man, everybody though he and Sandy Koufax would dominate the next 15 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 08:26:33 AM »
I would think the Braves would be thrilled to get 10 wins out of him.
Maybe go 10-7,10-8.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 10:56:26 AM »
Are the Bravos going to keep Donaldson?  I have to follow them since my son is a fan.   Donaldson is one of the few reasons I will watch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 05:58:42 PM »
https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/braves-2020-arbitration-roundup

Mike Foltynewicz and Dansby Swanson were among the six Braves who avoided arbitration by agreeing to their respective 2020 salaries before Friday afternoon’s deadline to exchange figures.

Adam DuvallJohan CamargoLuke Jackson and Grant Dayton also reached agreements. But because an agreement was not reached with right-handed reliever Shane Greene, it appears he will have his 2020 salary determined during an arbitration hearing.

Like most other teams, the Braves are a "file and trial" club, meaning they will go to an arbitration hearing with any player that did not reach an agreement before Friday's 1 p.m. ET deadline. The hearings will occur in February.

Greene’s requested $6.75 million and the Braves offered $6.25 million.  Atlanta fans countered with an offer to raise $6.8 million for the son-of-a-bitch to go away and never come back.  That would free the club up to pursue other options at closer including that monkey who pitched with Joey from Friends, 50Cent or Carly Rae Jepsen, any of which would be a better option than Shame Greene. Fuck that guy. 

Greene posted a 2.30 ERA and converted 23 of 28 save opportunities while pitching for the Tigers and Braves last year. He was traded to Atlanta on July 31 and was immediately made the team’s closer.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 08:09:52 PM »
https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/braves-2020-arbitration-roundup

Mike Foltynewicz and Dansby Swanson were among the six Braves who avoided arbitration by agreeing to their respective 2020 salaries before Friday afternoon’s deadline to exchange figures.

Adam Duvall, Johan Camargo, Luke Jackson and Grant Dayton also reached agreements. But because an agreement was not reached with right-handed reliever Shane Greene, it appears he will have his 2020 salary determined during an arbitration hearing.

Like most other teams, the Braves are a "file and trial" club, meaning they will go to an arbitration hearing with any player that did not reach an agreement before Friday's 1 p.m. ET deadline. The hearings will occur in February.

Greene’s requested $6.75 million and the Braves offered $6.25 million.  Atlanta fans countered with an offer to raise $6.8 million for the son-of-a-bitch to go away and never come back.  That would free the club up to pursue other options at closer including that monkey who pitched with Joey from Friends, 50Cent or Carly Rae Jepsen, any of which would be a better option than Shame Greene. Fuck that guy.

Greene posted a 2.30 ERA and converted 23 of 28 save opportunities while pitching for the Tigers and Braves last year. He was traded to Atlanta on July 31 and was immediately made the team’s closer.
Luke Jackson is much much.  Much worse 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 09:56:41 AM »
Luke Jackson is much much.  Much worse
^^^This^^^ right here.  I can't believe they're bringing that guy back.  He's a Double A pitcher at best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 10:46:42 AM »
^^^This^^^ right here.  I can't believe they're bringing that guy back.  He's a Double A pitcher at best.
They could pay me half of either of their salaries and i could trot in, walk a few people and serve up some home run balls.   

Save the franchise some $$ and get the same or better results.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 10:47:26 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 10:51:00 AM »
Now I have no reason to like the Braves.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28485986/3b-josh-donaldson-agrees-4-year-92m-deal-twins-sources-say
I like Josh. I do...but he is not worth that at this stage in his career. And the Braves agreed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 10:56:21 AM »
I like Josh. I do...but he is not worth that at this stage in his career. And the Braves agreed.
No doubt.  That's a ridiculous amount to commit for a guy his age. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 11:06:28 AM »
Good on him
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 01:27:59 PM »
Good on him

The Twins obviously need an aging 23-24 mill a year 3rd baseman badly. Sorry but his best two assets are: defense and being a strong bat by Freddie in the lineup. Riley is a great prospect and Acuna could honestly be moved from Leadoff to 3 spot since he hits for runs as much as average.

They will pay Josh 24 million the last year of that contract at almost 40 years old. I think that's what the Braves balked at. 1-2 year deal? different story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 02:49:45 PM »
The Twins obviously need an aging 23-24 mill a year 3rd baseman badly. Sorry but his best two assets are: defense and being a strong bat by Freddie in the lineup. Riley is a great prospect and Acuna could honestly be moved from Leadoff to 3 spot since he hits for runs as much as average.

They will pay Josh 24 million the last year of that contract at almost 40 years old. I think that's what the Braves balked at. 1-2 year deal? different story.
B-I-N-G-O
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 10:45:15 PM »
Braves just signed Marcell Ozuna.  After losing Donaldson, I'm starting to like where we're at again.  Always liked this guy and his power.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 11:36:40 PM »
Braves just signed Marcell Ozuna.  After losing Donaldson, I'm starting to like where we're at again.  Always liked this guy and his power.
What doesn't kill you makes you .... 

Hey, wait.  This guy KILLED Atlanta in the playoffs last year.  He was 9-21 with like 40 home runs and 950 RBI in the series.  

I hope they beat on his ass before they take him into the fold. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions