bgreene

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: You chose your "stance"
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 09:49:26 AM »
It was all garbage. A side show. I think the nfl was calling his bluff and knew he would pull this crap. And he did. For the whole world to see now. Even media folks who defended him before are now turning on him. Dude is an attention whore and nothing more. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 09:50:09 AM »
Colin gets nothing after workout for teams.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/no-offers-no-workout-invitations-for-kaepernick-after-saturdays-session/ar-BBWUxrp?ocid=ientp
I watched the live stream of the workout, and I felt that it was a total waste of time.  If I felt that way, I can only imagine how the scouts that attended felt.  He hit 2 deep balls, then under/over threw all the other ones, and hit a bunch of 10-15 yard in and comeback routes.  I've seen more impressive workouts from college guys at a pro-day.  The whole thing was a PR stunt from the word go.  I think it was stupid for the NFL to provide him this opportunity in the first place, so I'm glad it blew up in their face.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 09:50:21 AM »
It was all garbage. A side show. I think the nfl was calling his bluff and knew he would pull this crap. And he did. For the whole world to see now. Even media folks who defended him before are now turning on him. Dude is an attention whore and nothing more.
Who the hell would hire him?  Kunta Kinte....really
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 10:04:47 AM »
I watched the live stream of the workout, and I felt that it was a total waste of time.  If I felt that way, I can only imagine how the scouts that attended felt.  He hit 2 deep balls, then under/over threw all the other ones, and hit a bunch of 10-15 yard in and comeback routes.  I've seen more impressive workouts from college guys at a pro-day.  The whole thing was a PR stunt from the word go.  I think it was stupid for the NFL to provide him this opportunity in the first place, so I'm glad it blew up in their face.   
For God's sake, why?  Were the goats incapacitated? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 11:28:57 AM »
For God's sake, why?  Were the goats incapacitated?
DAMN YOU for making me click that like button at least 273 times!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 12:45:24 PM »
Who the hell would hire him?  Kunta Kinte....really

I really think this was a play by the league to show the world this guys true character so they can move on from it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 05:58:17 PM »
Plenty to castigate CK over in this scenario, but it's being reported that the NFL put a broad release agreement under his nose at the last minute.  If he wanted to proceed with their event, he'd have to abandon his claims against the league.  He wasn't willing to do that, and if I was his lawyer I'd have advised him against signing that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 06:42:18 PM »
The term Kaepernick "team" is enough to keep me disinterested in the whole matter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 06:44:45 PM »
If Colin wanted to be an NFL qb he wouldn’t have opted out of his contract.  This was a PR stunt, nothing more. 

You can’t be a martyr if you aren’t dead.  He can’t continue to be a social justice warrior if he comes back and doesn’t have the talent to be a starter. 

The NFL is better off without Colin. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 07:39:00 PM »
Plenty to castigate CK over in this scenario, but it's being reported that the NFL put a broad release agreement under his nose at the last minute.  If he wanted to proceed with their event, he'd have to abandon his claims against the league.  He wasn't willing to do that, and if I was his lawyer I'd have advised him against signing that.
Oddly enough, stores along the route from the originally selected facility to the high school where he performed the stores were completely full of "I'm with Kap" and "Kunta Kinte" shirts.  

Man, he was really fortunate there.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 07:41:06 PM »
Wednesday, the NFL sent his people the standard waiver that any free agent would sign before a workout, which includes a clause about no guarantee of employment.  Saturday around noon, CK's people sent back a re-written and different waiver. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001077164/article/nfl-releases-statement-on-change-to-colin-kaepernick-workout
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 07:46:46 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 07:45:04 PM »
Wednesday, the NFL sent his people the standard waiver that any free agent would sign before a workout, which includes a clause about no guarantee of employment.  Saturday around noon, CK's people sent back a re-written and different waiver. 
Yeah I read that somewhere...hmmm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 07:33:55 AM »
Why would, could, should or did the NFL bend over backwards and spend who knows how much $ to facilitate a workout for one player who was average during his brief NFL stint and who was utterly sub par toward the end of his career?  Why for a person who has done nothing but stridently bash the league?  

After watching him rage and vent after the workout I can't imagine who would be willing to take the risk and hire somebody like that.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 08:39:23 AM »
Wes gotta say you and I differ on a lot of points and we stay away from it because you have your opinion and I have mine, and I love you for it.  I think you are one of the smartest guys I know. 

But that dude is a piece of shit with one agenda and controlling the narrative.  Nothing more.  I have no love for Goodell either, but Kaperdick did this to himself.  What K said about him just not being that good couple that with the fact he has ostracized 80% of the NFL fan base, why would any team take a chance on him?

I am not a fan of Stephen A but give him much props for calling it like it was.

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1195866091068764160?s=20
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 03:58:20 PM »
Really good (And fair) article on KraporDump from former NFL safety, Jack Brewer.  foxy

I still remember watching Colin Kaepernick play in the Kraft Bowl which solidified him as the greatest player in the history of the University of Nevada football. His playing style was captivating, as he became the only player in NCAA history to pass for over 10,000 yards and rush for over 4,000 yards in their college career
He didn’t waste any time establishing his NFL career either as he led the San Francisco 49ers to the Super Bowl in his second season.

Unfortunately, Kaepernick’s amazing football career is being overshadowed by things that have nothing to do with his play on the field. After igniting a national debate around kneeling during our national anthem, Kaepernick has continued to remain in the headlines despite not taking an NFL snap in over three years.

Hundreds of NFL Free Agents Can Only Dream of Getting a Personal Workout

The average NFL career typically lasts around three years – that makes it the most competitive profession on the planet. In a league that welcomes a little over 300 rookies per year, you can only imagine the turnover. Needless to say, there are literally hundreds of great players who train for years as they try to get back into the National Football League after they get cut.
I still remember how my former Minnesota Vikings teammate and childhood friend spent almost six years training for another shot to get back into the NFL. To the surprise of the entire sports world, Patrick Chukwurah defied the critics in 2013 and signed a contract to play for the Seattle Seahawks.
When I heard that Colin Kaepernick was getting another chance to workout for 26 teams after more than 3 seasons out the league, I was very happy for him.
Colin Kaepernick turns NFL workout into media circusVideo
At the end of the day, he is one of the hundreds of my NFL brothers who have sacrificed their entire lives to get a chance to represent the shield.
Unfortunately, 30 minutes before his scheduled workout, all of the joy that I had for him turned into disgust when I realized that his ego was so big that he took for granted the very tryout that so many of our brothers can only dream about.
Kaepernick’s ego drove him to make this unique opportunity about himself versus making his job interview about how he could become a great quarterback and teammate for one of the 32 NFL teams.
As a former NFL player and captain of three teams, it’s disturbing to see a football player whose ego is so big that even after being given a special workout with 26 teams, he couldn’t humble himself enough to respect the teams and league that has provided him with great wealth and a platform to impact the community.
Demonizing Those Who Have Supported Him
Here’s a little history about how we got to this place in 2019.
The first offseason following the 49ers decision to part ways with Kaepernick in 2017, things started to look doubtful once training camp began and the controversial quarterback was still not signed.
My dear friend -- and Baltimore Ravens legend Ray Lewis -- then stepped in to meet with ownership in support of bringing Kaep to the Ravens.
Then, on August 2, a tweet by Kaepernick’s vocal girlfriend, radio host Nessa Diab, compared Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti and Lewis, a longtime face of the franchise, to characters from the Quentin Tarantino film "Django Unchained." The two men were depicted as Leonardo DiCaprio's cruel plantation owner and Samuel L. Jackson's loyal house slave, respectively.
Last-minute changes lead to chaos ahead of Colin Kaepernick's work out in AtlantaVideo
Surprisingly, Kaepernick never came out to apologize to Ray Lewis or did he have his girlfriend apologize.
Lewis responded by saying "Then, his girl [Colin Kaepernick's girlfriend] goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn't know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed. Steve Bisciotti has said it himself, 'How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?'”
Imagine having one of the greatest players in NFL history going to bat for you and your ego is so big that you allow your girlfriend to smear Lewis online without pushing back on her?
Three years later, the ego has continued to lead Colin to disrespect his biggest supporters. Rapper and cultural icon Jay-Z signed a multiyear deal with the NFL and was immediately disrespected by the same Kaepernick crew -- including his best friend and former teammate Eric Reed as well as his disrespectful girlfriend.

I found this one particularly ironic, given the fact that Reed himself is under NFL contract and is employed and paid well his NFL team.
Simultaneously, Kaepernick is asking to sign a multiyear deal himself in the same league that they are all trashing Jay-Z for working with.
The worst part of this is the fact that Jay-Z has always supported Kaepernick’s message and proudly wears his NFL jersey.
Jay-Z also went as far as denying passing on the opportunity to perform at the Super Bowl in a gesture to stand in of support for Colin Kaepernick.
To make matters worse, Jay-Z was a big factor in working with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to help set up this rare opportunity to have 26 teams travel from all over the country to watch one former player who hasn’t taken a snap in over three years.
Most decent people would be thanking Jay-Z, but we’ve learned by now that Kaep’s ego just won’t allow that.
Don’t Forget You Were A Backup Before You Started Kneeling
I’m really beginning to wonder if Kaepernick has forgotten that he was not a starting quarterback when he began to kneel.
It appears that his ego has also caused him to overlook the fact that he was already a backup when the 49ers decided to part ways with him. As a backup in the NFL, you just cannot be the guy who is causing the noise. No matter what noise you’re creating.
I don’t want to come across as just attacking Kaepernick here because I actually have a lot of respect for him. I’m praying for him, too.
I am just witnessing his ego leading him to forget the reality that the opportunity to play in the National Football League is not a right, but it is a great privilege.

Kaepernick’s ego has led him to be consumed by the narrative that NFL players are slaves as the NFL owners are slave owners.
This was in full demonstration by his the Kunta Kinte T-shirt he wore at the workout on Saturday.
Someone should remind him that he’s made over $40 million from the NFL and there are actually tens of millions suffering slaves who don’t deserve a rich egotistical football player minimizing the horrific realities of modern-day slaves.
Kaepernick’s ego is leading him to believe that, despite being a backup player when he last played in the NFL, he should somehow get more preferential treatment than the hundreds of other backups who have worked for years to get back into the league.
His ego has lead him to believe that his social justice image gives him the right to dictate how NFL owners run their private businesses.

His animosity and actions would make you think that the NFL owners wear a badge and are the police officers who are shooting unarmed blacks in the street.
Unfortunately, it appears that Kaepernick’s ego also caused him to disrespect the time and resources of the 26 NFL teams who came to participate in his workout. And that is where he lost me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 11:33:39 PM »
Radicalized by stank!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bgreene

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.