Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New Day Crue Day

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
New Day Crue Day
« on: November 18, 2019, 04:43:07 PM »
I saw Motley Crue's final tour, the last time those four original guys would be on stage together.  

Unless I didn't. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: New Day Crue Day
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 05:03:13 PM »
First the Black Crowes, now Motley Crue!  Is it really 1991 again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 05:55:12 PM »
Saw em back in 2010 in Vegas.  Glad I finally got to catch them all together, but holy hell they need to hang it up.  Vince can't sing and poor Mick Mars is just propped up on the side of the stage.

Let it go, boys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 11:22:18 PM »
Here's a video from the Final Tour I went to.  

Watch it long enough to hear Vince pant "huzzah wuzzah baaaza baaazah FEEEEE Guhhh, huzza uhhh aaah huhhhh WAAA RAAAA" 

Then just consider the fact that he's gained at least 30 pounds (maybe more) since the date of this video.  

I don't begrudge bands getting out there and touring.  I love concerts. I'd go to a different one every night if I wasn't so old and could afford it.  

But there comes a time... 

Nikki still sounds great (probably better than he did in the 80s/90s) and he looks the part.  Mick?  Well, Mick looks like a vampire, but he can still play.  Tommy has lost half a step maybe, but he's still a pretty good drummer.  And then there's Vince.  Huffing and puffing and lugging his bowling ball gut around the stage.  That might ruin it.   

As much as I like KISS concerts it would be really hard for me to stand if Paul or Gene had swollen up like a bacon-and-beer-swilling country boy.  Demon with a beer-barrel gut?  Nope.  Those guys -- love them or hate them -- have too much respect for their legacy/image/fans to do that.  

When I saw KISS in New Orleans last February, Paul's voice was already struggling.  He's struggled for years, honestly.  I decided then that I was probably done and wouldn't see them again.  And I hope they mean it when they say this tour (which is now extending into 2021 or 2022, I dunno) is the last.  Unless I hire them to play my 60th birthday party.  

Crue?  I don't know.  Rumor is they're touring with Poison and Def Leppard.  That might be enough to draw me back for one last time.  Until the next time I guess. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 06:43:04 AM »
Fuck all yall.  I'm in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 11:25:20 AM »
Speaking of concerts and old bands, Snagette arrived last night in Vegas.  Just found out my daughter is surprising her with stage passes to Aerosmith tonight.  She thinks they're going to a new Cirque du Soleil show but will be up on the stage with Steven Tyler and the boys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 11:31:43 AM »
Took mini with me to the last final Crue tour here.  We both came away much more impressed with Alice Cooper than with Vince's voice.  Poison and Def Leppard might make this one a must-see though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 11:36:15 AM »
Took mini with me to the last final Crue tour here.  We both came away much more impressed with Alice Cooper than with Vince's voice.  Poison and Def Leppard might make this one a must-see though.
They're only half the band they used to be.

Image result for One armed man images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 12:42:51 PM »
They're only half the band they used to be.

Image result for One armed man images
That was bad. At least you told a joke that had a leg to stand on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 04:45:09 PM »
Speaking of concerts and old bands, Snagette arrived last night in Vegas.  Just found out my daughter is surprising her with stage passes to Aerosmith tonight.  She thinks they're going to a new Cirque du Soleil show but will be up on the stage with Steven Tyler and the boys.
Somebody gonna end up pregnant. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 04:53:21 PM »
Somebody gonna end up pregnant.
I think she's too old to get pregnant now.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 05:31:33 PM »
I have never seen Aerosmith live.  I've watched several videos of their concerts and it looks like one hell of a show.  Everyone I've talked to that's been has said the same thing.  I'm a fan of just about everything of theirs with the exception of the numerous ballads they've done.  I get it.  Those get mainstream airplay and make em' teh millions.  Just not a fan of those. 

Their early stuff is pretty much my first love in terms of the style of music I like.  Bass driven R&R with a beat.  Gotta' have a little funk and a lead guitar break is a must.  They checked all the boxes.  Back in the Saddle, Train Kept A Rollin, Last Child etc.  I know it's been played 147 Skwazillion times, but the first time I heard Walk This Way, I thought I had died and gone to rock-n-roll heaven.  Greatest song I'd ever heard at that point in life. 

Not saying Aerosmith is my favorite band of all time by any stretch.  Just that they put out a shit load of music that hit me where I live. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2019, 11:25:18 AM »
I think she's too old to get pregnant now.

What the fuck is that, some kinda weird soccer mom looking Goonie monster?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2019, 03:38:06 PM »
What the fuck is that, some kinda weird soccer mom looking Goonie monster?

cam newton done turned white.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2019, 04:17:16 PM »
cam newton done turned white.
Okay, I chortled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions