Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Racism

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Racism
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2020, 02:37:00 PM »
I just got an email from a company I use affirming their support of Black Lives Matter and pledging a million-dollar donation to that cause.  

I'm deleting my account as soon as I post this.  

I have no problem with equality, but that's not what we're searching for here. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2020, 09:58:03 PM »
I just got an email from a company I use affirming their support of Black Lives Matter and pledging a million-dollar donation to that cause. 

I'm deleting my account as soon as I post this. 

I have no problem with equality, but that's not what we're searching for here.
Got the same one. Done as well. I have no issue with someone giving a crap. Or understanding. Or even sympathizing with a black person to an extent. But to throw millions at an organization like that? And To apologize for being white and not woke enough? Fuck that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2020, 10:00:21 PM »
Have any of you visited the BLM website?

Go. And then tell me if you agree with their platform.
They’re only an inch below Antifa in aggressive nature and violence. The shouting, screaming, black mail demands, in your face aggressiveness. Yeah. Bunch of sweethearts they are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »
I have seen numerous posts and other comments in the last few days attesting to the fact that "racism in any form is a SIN"  

I'm curious as to the theological basis of this.  

First, what is the definition of "racism" as I do not believe anyone "protesting" it or claiming it can acccurately define the word or its application.  

Second, (for you budding theologians) where is 'racism' classified as sinful?  I'm probably wrong, but I don't really think it is (depending on how you define the word, I suppose).  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2020, 03:18:51 PM »
Is it a sin?  No way I can answer that.  It's always existed in every culture, including Biblical times.  The Bible is rife with references on how to treat slaves because that's what was accepted in those times.  But those words were written by mortal men while Jesus' entire message was ultimately that everyone is a child of God, regardless.  His message was to treat everyone exactly how you would want to be treated yourself. 

To me, racism is very simply the "act" of treating someone differently, usually to their detriment, based solely on their skin color.  It takes more than just thinking it.  It takes verbalizing it to that person.  It takes not giving them a job because of their race.  It takes any number of things, but should always involve intent. And that's what we've gotten completely away from.

I posted about the Sacramento Kings announcer of over 30 years, basically getting canned for tweeting "All lives matter....every single one.." and then going on to explain that he was raised to believe that everyone should be treated as equals.  I actually heard some debate today about whether or not Drew Brees is racist because he believes the flag means something and shouldn't be disrespected.  The examples are endless these days where people are labeled as racist or completely ruined based on something they said or did that had absolutely zero racial intent.

But that's the minefield we're walking through on a daily basis.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2020, 11:57:30 PM »
Snags practices this method. He likes to give and receive. 

And I bet jake fromm blocked a whole lot of people in his contacts tonight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2020, 07:00:36 AM »

And I bet jake fromm blocked a whole lot of people in his contacts tonight.
Fuck UGA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2020, 09:31:45 AM »
Fuck UGA
The interwebz have been won early today.  Shut it down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2020, 10:31:28 AM »
Here's the thing.  "Racism" has been a part of the human condition for as long as humans have existed.  It is our natural, instictive inclination to want to be around, associate with, interact with people who are similar to us -- and that natural, normal, instinctive pattern includes all facets of personality from temperment to economic status to religion to, yes, race.  

I've heard all this nonsense over the last few days about oppression and "systemic racism" that permeates this country.  I've heard it from people like LeBron James, Sterling Sharpe and Dwayne Johnson who, because of their (subjective) talents have been afforded more opportunity and more wealth than the VAST, VAST majority of people regardless of race.  More than me.  More than you.  And they have the gall to cry "racism?"  

No society in the history of the earth has undergone a more dramatic cultural change over a shorter period of time than the United States in the last 50 years.  Think about that.  Think about the world your grandparents -- my grandparents -- inhabited.  

My grandmother was an awesome woman. Feisty but extremely generous and loving.  Her father had black field hands (he owned a large farm) and for the majority of her life she used the adjective she'd learned growing up to refer to all black men.  N**** Tom, N***** Joe, N***** James.  She preferred dealing with white folks as a general rule when she went shopping, etc. 

Does that make her a sinning racist?  Is she burning in eternal hell?  

I just can't accept that.  

I also can't accept the position of the politicians.  

Open your hair salon because your family is on the verge of bankruptcy and the government descends on you, takes away your business license and arrests you.  

Roll down your car window and pepper spray "protesters" who are lunging at your window and hurling objects into traffic and the stormtroopers put you in jail.  

But smash windows, steal everything in sight, assault police officers, set buildings on fire and the government urges us to "understand"?  People like Obama actually URGE them to continue until they get what they want? 

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.  It's upside down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2020, 11:01:01 AM »

No society in the history of the earth has undergone a more dramatic cultural change over a shorter period of time than the United States in the last 50 years.  Think about that.  Think about the world your grandparents -- my grandparents -- inhabited. 

My grandmother was an awesome woman. Feisty but extremely generous and loving.  Her father had black field hands (he owned a large farm) and for the majority of her life she used the adjective she'd learned growing up to refer to all black men.  N**** Tom, N***** Joe, N***** James.  She preferred dealing with white folks as a general rule when she went shopping, etc.

This is what I don't understand.  The progress and change that's occurred in this short length of time has been amazing.  I've posted this before.  My grandfather was the town doctor in scenic Camp Hill, Alabama.  Home of the prestigious Lyman-Ward Military Academy, a place I was threatened with numerous times during my childhood.  His office was an extension he had built on to his house.  Years ago, I was visiting my grandmother and wanted to see his office.  He passed when I was about 10.  I was asking her about different rooms and she told me the one on the very back was the "Colored waiting room".  I looked at her with a "Granny say wut?" face.  She very matter-of-factly said, "Oh yes, blacks aren't supposed to come to your front door."

Now, I think about the fact that we just came out of an 8 year period with an African American holding the most powerful office in the entire free world, and blacks being appointed to, or elected to the highest and most powerful positions in the land. 

And yet, here we are. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2020, 03:37:21 PM »

Now, I think about the fact that we just came out of an 8 year period with an African American holding the most powerful office in the entire free world,

He did more in those 8 years to undo all the good things that were done, and the thing is. He is very proud of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2020, 03:59:20 PM »
He did more in those 8 years to undo all the good things that were done, and the thing is. He is very proud of it.
You got that right.  Part of the plan. 

I had a conversation with the mother of a "protester" the other day.  She's intelligent. She's funny. She's a great person and a good friend. 

I asked her straight up, what was her kid protesting. 

Her: Justice.
Me: They're against justice?
Her: No, they want justice.
Me: The police officer was arrested and has been charged with murder.  He's in jail.  He will be tried by a jury of his peers.  That is what justice in America looks like. 
Her: That's not enough, he needs to be punished immediately!
Me: He lost his job. He was arrested. He's in jail.  That's what punishment looks like.  Innocent until proven guilty -- even if there's video.  That's how America works.
Her:  No! He needs to have done to him what he did to George!
Me: That's not justice. That's revenge. 
Her: No, we demand justice!!
Me: No, you're demanding revenge. 

And it went on for a while. 

She tried again today to get me to understand until I got her to essentially admit that what she wanted to happen was basically Islamic-style justice but only for white people.  And she's white. 

I think it's over.  The radicals have won because there's nobody williing to stand up and do what's right any more.

** Edited to add: 
Announcer in Indianapolis suspended without pay because he had the audacity to question the narrative that there is "systemic racism" in police departments across the nation.  All he said was he found that hard to believe and the statistics didn't back it up.  

HE'S RACIST!!! GET HIM OFF THE AIR!!!!!

Suspended immediately because of his "insensitive, racist comments"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:36:54 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2020, 04:37:39 PM »
You got that right.  Part of the plan. 

I had a conversation with the mother of a "protester" the other day.  She's intelligent. She's funny. She's a great person and a good friend. 

I asked her straight up, what was her kid protesting. 

Her: Justice.
Me: They're against justice?
Her: No, they want justice.
Me: The police officer was arrested and has been charged with murder.  He's in jail.  He will be tried by a jury of his peers.  That is what justice in America looks like. 
Her: That's not enough, he needs to be punished immediately!
Me: He lost his job. He was arrested. He's in jail.  That's what punishment looks like.  Innocent until proven guilty -- even if there's video.  That's how America works.
Her:  No! He needs to have done to him what he did to George!
Me: That's not justice. That's revenge. 
Her: No, we demand justice!!
Me: No, you're demanding revenge. 

And it went on for a while. 

She tried again today to get me to understand until I got her to essentially admit that what she wanted to happen was basically Islamic-style justice but only for white people.  And she's white. 

I think it's over.  The radicals have won because there's nobody williing to stand up and do what's right any more.

** Edited to add:
Announcer in Indianapolis suspended without pay because he had the audacity to question the narrative that there is "systemic racism" in police departments across the nation.  All he said was he found that hard to believe and the statistics didn't back it up. 

HE'S RACIST!!! GET HIM OFF THE AIR!!!!!

Suspended immediately because of his "insensitive, racist comments"
Ask her this:   If "All Lives Matter" Is a Racist Slogan, Then Whose Lives Don't Matter?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2020, 04:44:04 PM »
Ask her this:  If "All Lives Matter" Is a Racist Slogan, Then Whose Lives Don't Matter?
Yours, you entitled beyotch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2020, 05:18:15 PM »
Ask her this:  If "All Lives Matter" Is a Racist Slogan, Then Whose Lives Don't Matter?
Moderators, delete this man's account. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2020, 12:37:33 PM »
This has crossed a line for me.  I’m old enough to remember separate water fountains and the “black area” of the theater.  And I’m not that old. 

We’ve gone from not allowing blacks to shop in the same store as white folks to black senators, CEOs, generals and even a faux president.  That’s systemic change.  

And now I see Oprah - the same Oprah who, with no discernible talent whatsoever other than being black and loud, amassed an unimaginable fortune - is hosting a two-day tv special to let other blacks rend their garments.  

As this entitled sow, who has had more handed to her BECAUSE she is black and has more opportunity than almost anyone on earth, lists the participants in her “event” (including the loathsome racist Stacy Abrams) she intones “these are our demands..” 

You know who says that?  Who makes demands?  Someone holding a hostage.  

We cannot be held hostage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2020, 10:38:59 AM »
This has crossed a line for me.  I’m old enough to remember separate water fountains and the “black area” of the theater.  And I’m not that old.

We’ve gone from not allowing blacks to shop in the same store as white folks to black senators, CEOs, generals and even a faux president.  That’s systemic change. 

And now I see Oprah - the same Oprah who, with no discernible talent whatsoever other than being black and loud, amassed an unimaginable fortune - is hosting a two-day tv special to let other blacks rend their garments. 

As this entitled sow, who has had more handed to her BECAUSE she is black and has more opportunity than almost anyone on earth, lists the participants in her “event” (including the loathsome racist Stacy Abrams) she intones “these are our demands..”

You know who says that?  Who makes demands?  Someone holding a hostage. 

We cannot be held hostage.
We gave 'em some things.  Ain't that enough?

Hold my beer while I fetch my eyeballs that have rolled all the way out of my head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2020, 01:04:31 PM »
We gave 'em some things.  Ain't that enough?

Hold my beer while I fetch my eyeballs that have rolled all the way out of my head.
This attitude is a major part of the problem. 

It's not "some things."   It's a complete societal upheaval the likes of which has never been seen in human history.  

More change in my lifetime than in the collective history of the world combined.  And still there are riots (with your support).  
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 01:06:37 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2020, 02:09:51 PM »
Here are the signs that were put up in an small Atlanta town close to me.  Not surprisingly the protests were peaceful...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2020, 02:14:15 PM »
Damn you Like button
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.