Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Racism

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Racism
« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2020, 05:44:45 PM »
There are some really dumb, really out of shape and really hate filled people in law enforcement. That’s a direct reflection of pay, hiring practices, nepotism and political hires.  We just hired a guy, late 40s. Never been in law enforcement.  I question ANYONE who wants to do this job now, specifically later in life, so I was skeptical from the beginning.  First day he is issued uniforms he immediately made a tiktok video of him pretending to be about to draw on someone like the Wild West.  He still has a job because he’s the sheriff’s buddy.

The Minneapolis thing is stupid by every single account. Every single act from trying to pass fake money all the way to city council paying $65k in private security out of tax payers pockets while they chart out the abolishment of police because they are scared for their lives.

â€œHey buddy, there are 4 of us and people are all around us screaming and recording, you think maybe we can put him in the car and take him to jail now?”  “No, I’m just going to keep kneeling on his neck a while longer.”  Incredibly fucking stupid and hateful.

The Atlanta shooting is a sticky situation. Officer chasing suspect after fighting had a hand held weapon fired at him. He made a split second decision, because that’s the job, and it was the correct one. With that said it was completely avoidable.  Yes, the guy had been drinking. Yes, the guy fell asleep at the wheel. BUT. The guy complied with orders until the end.  He was respectful. He answered questions. He said he had someone who could come get him.  In a normal circumstance like that I cut him a break.  I’m not saying they shouldn’t have attempted to arrest but I bet if you ask them right now they’d give anything to be able to go back and cut the guy a break.  Not let him leave driving. Not leave him there. But have someone come get him. Or hell, take him home.

Both sides are going to have to come to an agreement here.  For police we need to be reminded we are PEACE OFFICERS. Not military. Not punisher skulls. Peace officers.  For BLM, they need to start teaching their message to their young children inside the walls of their homes.  There is a lot of violence inside the black community and a complete lack of respect for each other or any type of authority. That in itself leads to most bad encounters with law enforcement.

Lastly, there does need to be reform with law enforcement. There is absolutely 0 reason for law enforcement to deal with mentally ill people who aren’t violent. For instance, we got an order last week to remove a 90 year old black female from her home and take her for a mental evaluation because her family wants to have her rights taken away as she has dementia.  Under no circumstances should ANYONE with a mental illness who hasn’t committed a crime be forcefully removed from their home by law enforcement and treated like a criminal. 

We also need to stop the war on marijuana.  It is certainly no more dangerous than alcohol and while there isn’t a lot of jail time for possessing, it creates an easier means on unnecessary contact between law enforcement and citizens who are likely not causing any problems whatsoever.

That is my quarter worth of cents.
I’m triggered.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2020, 12:26:05 AM »
I’m triggered. 
Is he gonna give all the white drunk guys a ride home too? Asking for a drunk white friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2020, 04:42:24 PM »
Token 2020.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions