Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Mandalorian

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
The Mandalorian
« on: November 15, 2019, 10:25:20 AM »
Anyone watching?

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode (though, admittedly, I wanted to...) even though I'm limited in my "canon" knowledge to the theatrical releases (no books, comics, cartoon series, etc.)

I liked Pascal in Narcos and the second Kingsmen movie so I feel like the title character is in good hands.  I was under the impression that this was a Boba Fett backstory (but then realized that they covered him in The Clone Wars) and to find out that there is an entire "tribe" of these badasses is exciting.

Tons of easter eggs to be found and I'm sure I only got 1/2342th of them...or about 5% by Chad-math.  Favreau even threw in a nod to his big break through work, Swingers.  See if you can spot it.

Also...the end scene was a bit of a shock.  In a GREAT way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Re: The Mandalorian
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 01:20:37 PM »
I was under the impression that this was a Boba Fett backstory (but then realized that they covered him in The Clone Wars) and to find out that there is an entire "tribe" of these badasses is exciting.
Takes place about 5 years after Return of the Jedi.

And I fucking loved it.  Easily the best thing Disney/Star Wars has done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 01:24:29 PM »
This is a disney PPV right?

I saw the previews but refuse to pay because I am an old cheapskate.

In few years it will be on Netflix or Prime, etc.. and it will be just as new to me.

Sooo. This is not Boba Fett? I was wondering how he got out of the belly of the beast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 01:54:52 PM »
This is a disney PPV right?

I saw the previews but refuse to pay because I am an old cheapskate.

In few years it will be on Netflix or Prime, etc.. and it will be just as new to me.

Sooo. This is not Boba Fett? I was wondering how he got out of the belly of the beast.
Ummm. Don’t expect this to ever be on Netflix or prime hoss. That’s sort of the whole purpose behind Disney +. And if you have Verizon you get it free for a year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 11:51:05 AM »
Watched both episodes this weekend. Fantastic. Love the spaghetti-western motif the show has so far. Looking forward to more. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 12:06:42 PM »
Watched both episodes this weekend. Fantastic. Love the spaghetti-western motif the show has so far. Looking forward to more.
The shootout in episode 1 looked like one of the RDR2 missions, except with lasers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions