Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2019-2020 Official Auburn Hoops Thread (with no official aspirations)

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: 2019-2020 Official Auburn Hoops Thread (with no official aspirations)
« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2020, 11:55:00 PM »
Well that was ugly.
That’s a nice way to put it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2020, 06:24:09 AM »
You knew it would happen I just hate it was to the mouth breathers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2020, 07:33:10 AM »
You knew it would happen I just hate it was to the mouth breathers
Love the fact that there are nine articles on al.com about it today.  That doubles the sum total of pieces about AU basketball so far this season.  

That was painful to watch.

I hate the sonsabitches. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2020, 09:58:22 AM »
Just a fly in the ointment, Hans.  A monkey in the wrench.

There will be many more bumps with a long way to go in the season. This team has a number of flaws.  The key is getting them gellin' like a felon as the season winds towards tourney time.  I just find it nice to have such a competitive team after decades of bottom dwelling.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2020, 10:09:07 AM »
Just a fly in the ointment, Hans.  A monkey in the wrench.

There will be many more bumps with a long way to go in the season. This team has a number of flaws.  The key is getting them gellin' like a felon as the season winds towards tourney time.  I just find it nice to have such a competitive team after decades of bottom dwelling. 

what the nutless dcp drinker said ^^

and no one minds this. We know it will happen. 

But to lose to that bunch of street ball thugs in that manner? No. Lose to Kentucky or ark? I get that. Good teams. Good talent. Good coaching. 

Last night? That bunch of turnip headed thugs playing that style of ball with almost zero bounds from the zebras? It’s near damn impossible to win. It didn’t sit well. I feel like our guys were not prepared for that “style” of aggressive play. Here is hoping we can counterpunch at home against them knowing it’s coming. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:10:38 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2020, 10:26:45 AM »
I do feel like they did need a return to earth game.  Our play in the first half has been atrocious but we have been able to overcome.

Like Uncle Sani said sucks it was to the booger eaters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2020, 10:42:15 AM »
I do feel like they did need a return to earth game.  Our play in the first half has been atrocious but we have been able to overcome.

Like Uncle Sani said sucks it was to the booger eaters.
My daughter knows nothing about basketball.  She watched it last night because she wants to understand why basketball been making me happy I guess.  

So she calls with like 10 minutes left in the game.  Her take?

"Ok, so I don't understand free throw rules.  Does the home team get to shoot them every time they have the ball?  That doesn't really seem fair."  

So I tried to explain the concept of fouls.  

"I still don't get it.  If Auburn players touch them at all, that's a foul but their players can push Auburn players and it's not?  This is a stupid game." 

Couldn't disagree last night.  Every time we cut their lead under five we'd either do something stupid (lazy pass, ill-conceived heave), they'd mug us and get no call or we'd get hit with a charge, a screen violation or something.  If we'd broken on top just once that ragamuffin bunch of punk ass bitches would have folded.  You could see it every single time it got close.  They were just waiting to collapse.  

Yeah, about half of our problem was lazy, sloppy play but we were definitely getting handcuffed by the zebras. They made sure we never got there. 

The one thing that really disturbed me was the number of shots in close that were missed.  Most were too strong.  Layups, dunks, putbacks...  I think we were under 50% on those.  Hit some of that easy shit and it's a different game.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2020, 11:14:18 AM »

what the nutless dcp drinker said ^^

and no one minds this. We know it will happen.

But to lose to that bunch of street ball thugs in that manner? No. Lose to Kentucky or ark? I get that. Good teams. Good talent. Good coaching.

Last night? That bunch of turnip headed thugs playing that style of ball with almost zero bounds from the zebras? It’s near damn impossible to win. It didn’t sit well. I feel like our guys were not prepared for that “style” of aggressive play. Here is hoping we can counterpunch at home against them knowing it’s coming.
Wonder what excuse will keep the UAT SGA Pres. from delivering the ODK this time?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2020, 11:17:44 AM »
Wonder what excuse will keep the UAT SGA Pres. from delivering the ODK this time?
He couldn't find his crocs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2020, 11:20:01 AM »
#firebrucepearl
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2020, 12:23:31 PM »
Way off topic, but next year could be very interesting depending on how Pearl finishes in recruiting.  Looking at the roster, we have 7 seniors.  If Okoro does turn out to be a one-and-done, we have 8 slots to fill.  Right now, there are 3 commits, one of which is 5 star point guard, Sharife Cooper.  The other two are a 6'7" forward and a 6'5" shooting guard out of Kentucky, Justin Powell.  Both are 3 star players.

The names and faces will be a big change, but if Pearl continues to recruit like has in recent years, AU round ballz should be fun to watch for quite a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2020, 01:52:05 PM »
"I still don't get it.  If Auburn players touch them at all, that's a foul but their players can push Auburn players and it's not?  This is a stupid game."
I tried to be objective and NOT be that fan, but I cannot disagree with her. The touch fouls were pretty bad. Almost phantom like at times. BOTH of our guards fouled out. When is the last time that happened?
And several times the same type of fouls occurred while we were driving to the basket and nothing, zero, zilch.
If we hit half of those free throws, we are ahead. It was a bad game all around. I stated before this game, bamturd's three point shooting could get hot and burn us. I didn't think ours would be that putrid though. Couple that with what? 19 turnovers, and you can't climb out of that hole.
In the end, we will still be standing. They will be lucky to make the SEC tourney.

Another thing that hurt so bad was, this was the first time we had lost to the turds in ANY sport for over a year, I believe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2020, 02:11:17 PM »
#moveon.org
#isthatchange.orgsuglysister?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2020, 02:19:27 PM »
 gellin' like a felon 
You're so not gellin'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2020, 02:34:09 PM »
You're so not gellin'
Bitch, I'm gellin' like a felon eatin' watermelon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2020, 04:08:37 PM »
 AU round ballz should be fun to watch for quite a while.
Last night was no fun whatsoever.  

It sucked hot tortoise balls. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2020, 07:41:43 PM »
Auburn will go deep in the NCAA tournament this season. Bama will get the NIT again.  This shit meant nothing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2020, 09:19:14 PM »
Auburn will go deep in the NCAA tournament this season. Bama will get the NIT again.  This shit meant nothing.
It meant something to me. 

I was impressed with Pearl’s postgame response. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions