Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2019-2020 Official Auburn Hoops Thread (with no official aspirations)

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: 2019-2020 Official Auburn Hoops Thread (with no official aspirations)
« Reply #340 on: February 13, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »
Bama is a weird team.  They're firmly entrenched in the middle of the pack (13-11; 5-6) and, as of now, aren't even in the tournament discussion.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, they are a real pain in the ass to play.  I have to agree with Kaos, I don't want to play them any more this season.

I was giddy when Petty got that 3rd foul pretty early...then figured we had it locked when he picked up his 4th.  And then there was that motherfucker hitting the tying shot.  Fuck him.  Hard.

Yeah, that '42 squad was all dunk city!
Man, FUCK Petty.  And double fuck Club Jones or whatever that one-handed asshole's name was. 

I get Bruce's strategy.  We tried to play them man in Tuscaloosa and they out-quicked us. It got away and never got back. Learned from that and went to a zone.  The idea was that if you beat us, you'll have to do it heaving threes.  We did exactly that.  But if you let them throw up sixty of the motherfuckers?  Even if they're only hitting 30% that's 18 made and 54 points.  They hit almost 40% which is as strange as it seems, right at the national average (37.7%). 

Ours was a good plan until they attempted 450 threes.  As much as it makes me want to vomit, so was Bama's.  During the 16-0 run, they saw we weren't letting them get away with the same shit as last time, so they just started heaving from the perimeter.  The one thing I think we were lacking was getting a body on the shooter, particularly from the corner.  We didn't move to the ball quite as quickly as I thought maybe we should. 

Another thing that fucked us was the refs.  I noticed a decidedly different  tenor in their calls once the students started chanting "Refs, you SUCK" over and over and over.  I nearly lost my shit when they called Okoro for a charge when the Bama guy was literally running into his side as he drove the basket.  he hadn't established position and was actually trying to squeeze by one of his own teammates at the time.  That was complete and total bullshit.  So was the charge when the guy was back in the hole.  I didn't appreciate their effort much at all. 

This morning, I am grateful for Austin Wiley.  He made some big plays at critical times, particularly in the first half.  I just wish his hands were better.  He fumbled half a dozen or more rebounds out of bounds because he lost control of the ball.  It frustrates the absolute fuck out of me when I see him out at the top of the key taking a pass.  Against that ragamuffin pack of fuckholes we should have been pushing him inside over and over and over again. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #341 on: February 13, 2020, 10:42:36 AM »

Yeah, that '42 squad was all dunk city!
Competition was down on account of the war years
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #342 on: February 13, 2020, 10:50:09 AM »
Competition was down on account of the war years
No excuses, play like a champion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #343 on: February 13, 2020, 10:55:14 AM »
Man, FUCK Petty.  And double fuck Club Jones or whatever that one-handed asshole's name was. 

I get Bruce's strategy.  We tried to play them man in Tuscaloosa and they out-quicked us. It got away and never got back. Learned from that and went to a zone.  The idea was that if you beat us, you'll have to do it heaving threes.  We did exactly that.  But if you let them throw up sixty of the motherfuckers?  Even if they're only hitting 30% that's 18 made and 54 points.  They hit almost 40% which is as strange as it seems, right at the national average (37.7%). 

Ours was a good plan until they attempted 450 threes.  As much as it makes me want to vomit, so was Bama's.  During the 16-0 run, they saw we weren't letting them get away with the same shit as last time, so they just started heaving from the perimeter.  The one thing I think we were lacking was getting a body on the shooter, particularly from the corner.  We didn't move to the ball quite as quickly as I thought maybe we should. 

Another thing that fucked us was the refs.  I noticed a decidedly different  tenor in their calls once the students started chanting "Refs, you SUCK" over and over and over.  I nearly lost my shit when they called Okoro for a charge when the Bama guy was literally running into his side as he drove the basket.  he hadn't established position and was actually trying to squeeze by one of his own teammates at the time.  That was complete and total bullshit.  So was the charge when the guy was back in the hole.  I didn't appreciate their effort much at all. 

This morning, I am grateful for Austin Wiley.  He made some big plays at critical times, particularly in the first half.  I just wish his hands were better.  He fumbled half a dozen or more rebounds out of bounds because he lost control of the ball.  It frustrates the absolute fuck out of me when I see him out at the top of the key taking a pass.  Against that ragamuffin pack of fuckholes we should have been pushing him inside over and over and over again.
I just did this all over your post.

Image result for dogs humping images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #344 on: February 13, 2020, 11:15:43 AM »
No excuses, play like a champion.
But man when you would catch sight of those ankles from time to time you knew shit was gonna get real if you could ever see a calf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #345 on: February 13, 2020, 12:02:54 PM »
But man when you would catch sight of those ankles from time to time you knew shit was gonna get real if you could ever see a calf
Animal husbandry is hot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #346 on: February 13, 2020, 12:48:47 PM »

I will say this.  If they hadn't started hitting the threes when they did?  That strategy would have failed for lack of confidence and we would have beaten them by 20+.   

I won't say what kind of team they are like, but you know.  You've played against them or seen them play. Boom or bust, based entirely on emotion and momentum.  Not a good team, but could get that swag going and play with anybody.  

If you'd told me they were going to attempt 60 threes?  I'd have figured we won by half a hundred.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #347 on: February 13, 2020, 08:50:22 PM »
I will say this.  If they hadn't started hitting the threes when they did?  That strategy would have failed for lack of confidence and we would have beaten them by 20+. 

I won't say what kind of team they are like, but you know.  You've played against them or seen them play. Boom or bust, based entirely on emotion and momentum.  Not a good team, but could get that swag going and play with anybody. 

If you'd told me they were going to attempt 60 threes?  I'd have figured we won by half a hundred. 
19 of 20 times doing that? You WOULD win by half a hundred.  Like you said it’s a great strategy for pulling a few upsets. And nothing more.  

But it ain’t gonna get you to the tourney. It’s the equal to Mike leach style in football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #348 on: February 13, 2020, 08:51:35 PM »

Image result for dogs humping images
But you do that on every other thing daily. That ain’t saying much. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #349 on: February 13, 2020, 11:16:25 PM »
But you do that on every other thing daily. That ain’t saying much.
My humps, my humps, my humps my humps my humps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #350 on: February 15, 2020, 08:02:57 PM »
This Mizzou game is a cluster.
No Okoro and Cambridge decides to be a dumbass and get tossed!

Need more discipline from the young guys.

That was ugly.
85-73 loss.

We have no answer for Okoro being out.

And I think we only made 1 3-pointer. ONE!

On a bright note, Wiley had a great game. A double-double. 22 points 10 rebounds.

Take a look at the total fouls called!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 09:27:44 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2020, 09:36:42 AM »
I get that we need Okoro.  And that we have a great class coming.  I'm not disillusioned.  

However. 

You're not going to win many games in the SEC shooting 3.4% from the field and scoring under 60 points.  

Watching us lay brick after brick last night -- enough bricks to build our glorious president's wall ten times over -- caused me to fling my phone across the back yard.   When that one cat who's never attempted a three in his career launched a flat-line turkey when we'd cut the lead to two or three late?  And then they thrashed a fast-break score and in a blink were back up seven?  Bye, phonelicia. 

We will make the tournament.  We will not win the SEC or advance very far.  But that's ok.  Expectations cause angst. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2020, 09:52:27 AM »
I get that we need Okoro.  And that we have a great class coming.  I'm not disillusioned. 

However.

You're not going to win many games in the SEC shooting 3.4% from the field and scoring under 60 points. 

Watching us lay brick after brick last night -- enough bricks to build our glorious president's wall ten times over -- caused me to fling my phone across the back yard.  When that one cat who's never attempted a three in his career launched a flat-line turkey when we'd cut the lead to two or three late?  And then they thrashed a fast-break score and in a blink were back up seven?  Bye, phonelicia.

We will make the tournament.  We will not win the SEC or advance very far.  But that's ok.  Expectations cause angst.
Sweet 16 would be a huge win.  Like you said earlier the fact we are talking about seeding and how far we get in the tournament is laughable.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2020, 09:53:32 AM »
I still say shit happens.  Duke got run out of the gym last night by NC State. We don't lose that game last night with Okoro in.

I still think we will be aight!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2020, 09:57:45 AM »
On a special edition of Ripley's Believe It Or Not, a team who can't shoot, doesn't run an offense, plays no defense and completely lacks discipline, can't win over 20 games, can they?  But it happened.  It may be one of the world's greatest mysteries.  Tune in Saturday at 11:00 a.m., 2:46 Pacific Time for.....Ripley's Believe It Or Not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2020, 10:29:52 AM »
On a special edition of Ripley's Believe It Or Not, a team who can't shoot, doesn't run an offense, plays no defense and completely lacks discipline, can't win over 20 games, can they?  But it happened.  It may be one of the world's greatest mysteries.  Tune in Saturday at 11:00 a.m., 2:46 Pacific Time for.....Ripley's Believe It Or Not.
We had a bad night.  It happens.  

I don't understand why it happened against two of the shittiest teams we'll play this season.  Nobody loses to Georgia and fucking Mizzou.  

Defense is, for the most part, pretty solid.  I'm fine with the offense we run -- except for seeing Wiley out at the top of the line getting a pass.  When the guy best able to handle him went out for nine minutes due to fouls Wiley should never have moved more than six feet from the basket in any direction.  He needs to learn to be like Barkley and use that big ass to back people up and own his space.  

Also don't really get why the bricks pile up.  The threes weren't even close.  Clanging off the side of the backboard, missing everything but the fan in the third row, smacking the side of the rim so hard it clangs, slamming off the backboard and recoiling out past the free throw line.   That was some ugly ass shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2020, 10:37:27 AM »
On a special edition of Ripley's Believe It Or Not, a team who can't shoot, doesn't run an offense, plays no defense and completely lacks discipline, can't win over 20 games, can they?  But it happened.  It may be one of the world's greatest mysteries.  Tune in Saturday at 11:00 a.m., 2:46 Pacific Time for.....Ripley's Believe It Or Not.
Do you watch the games?

Don't be salty because dookie got hammered and your second favorite team Auburn also lost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2020, 12:05:53 PM »
Do you watch the games?

Don't be salty because dookie got hammered and your second favorite team Auburn also lost.
You leave Coach Kzyshvxxyzzrklmnopki out of this.

Let's just say you have a good bit more optimism for the future of this year's version of Bruce's Felines than I. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2020, 02:00:28 PM »
Coach Ratface didn't get his free cheese last night and that makes me smile.

We looked like absolute doodoo and that does not make me smile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2020, 03:17:54 PM »
Coach Ratface didn't get his free cheese last night and that makes me smile.

We looked like absolute doodoo and that does not make me smile.
#1 Suck my Johnson.  Coach K is not amused.

Image result for Coach K rat face images

#2 100% agreement
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:36:24 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions