Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This is insane

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
This is insane
« on: October 28, 2019, 09:15:40 PM »
I can't believe the idiocy of the left. Think about it for a minute. Everything we buy marked up 42%. I wouldn't even be able to feed myself. Crazy.

A 42% national sales tax (known as a valued-added tax) would generate about $3 trillion in revenue. But it would destroy the consumer spending that’s the backbone of the U.S. economy. A tax of that magnitude would be like 42% inflation, wrecking consumer budgets and the many companies that depend on them, from Walmart and Amazon to your local car dealer.

Warren, Sanders and others tout the virtues of this magical health care program without explaining what it would cost. Sanders has at least suggested some possible ways to pay for it, including premiums paid by enrollees, a wealth tax on millionaires and income tax rates as high as 52%. Warren has been cagier, saying only that under her plan “costs” would go down for middle-class families. Under pressure to explain, Warren has pledged to come up with a financing plan soon. Now, maybe she doesn’t have to.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-democratic-plan-for-a-42-national-sales-tax-202549219.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions