Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I’m tired

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: I’m tired
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2019, 01:58:34 PM »
Not sure. 

It's worse than I ever anticipated. 
Completely conceding that you are the end-all, be-all of football knowledge....

But...

Pat has far more access to insider Auburn info (though, I'll admit he probably never ate hot dogs in the press box), plus a more detailed/developed knowledge of offensive schemes and true evolution/application of same.  I'm sure he got the chance to talk Xs and Os with Gus and evaluate the whole program before allowing his highly recruited son to commit.

They knew what they were getting into.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2019, 02:06:27 PM »
Completely conceding that you are the end-all, be-all of football knowledge....

But...

Pat has far more access to insider Auburn info (though, I'll admit he probably never ate hot dogs in the press box), plus a more detailed/developed knowledge of offensive schemes and true evolution/application of same.  I'm sure he got the chance to talk Xs and Os with Gus and evaluate the whole program before allowing his highly recruited son to commit.

Soooooooooo...what you're saying is Pat will be the next HC?  Sounds about right from the PTB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2019, 02:20:28 PM »
If we had just given Freeze that multi-year contract to be the OC...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2019, 03:25:21 PM »
Soooooooooo...what you're saying is Pat will be the next HC?  Sounds about right from the PTB.
I know you were being fascist...err....fasheeshus....umm facetime....I know you were kidding, but that actually does sound about right.  After all, he's an Auburn man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2019, 03:36:58 PM »
I know you were being fascist...err....fasheeshus....umm facetime....I know you were kidding, but that actually does sound about right.  After all, he's an Auburn man.
I’ve always thought he was promised the OC job if/when we go looking for a new coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2019, 03:39:13 PM »

But...

From 2002 - 2008, Papa Nix was the OC at Georgia Tech then Miami.  (Not telling anyone anything they didn't know already)  Just means he knows his shit. 

IMO, I think even if Patrick had some concerns about Malzahn's offense, Bo was probably an Auburn lock anyway from the time he was pictured in the crowd at JHS as a wee lad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2019, 04:06:13 PM »
I think Pat knew what his SON was getting into. Bo wanted to go to his favorite team, where his Dad played. 
Don't think Pat was promised a damn thing because Dillingham was brought in. This can't be fixed piecemeal. Has to be lopped off at the head and the entire offense gutted.
That's not a job for Patrick Nix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2019, 04:15:43 PM »
The fuck? 

I'm not claiming to be anything at all.  But watching that kid throw a pass to open ground with not a single soul within 20 yards is worse than I expected. We all, dad included I guess, figured he'd have his off days.  But what we're seeing is past that.  And I'm not blaming Nix.  He looks unprepared.

I can't believe his dad expected his kid to be as shockingly inaccurate as he's been at times. You think Pat really expected Gus to hamstring the boy with these piss-poor offensive gameplans?  I can't imagine he wanted his kid to look undisciplined, untrained, uncoached. 

Gus is a bullshit artist.  I'm sure he talked a good game.  We're gonna get back to being who we were in 2013.... That was six years ago and receding fast. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:17:21 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2019, 04:20:25 PM »
Vee had better confeerm de fect dat Yunk Nix iss indeed VALLOWING EEN EES FADDA'S VOOTSHTAPS.

What?

Following in his father's footsteps. Footsteps! Footsteps!

Ohhh. Footsteps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2019, 04:27:38 PM »
The fuck? 

I'm not claiming to be anything at all.

Everyone knows Pat's bona fides.  I posited that they knew what they were getting into.  Your comment (worse than you expected) implied that you had some superior perspective.  Plus, you're always right, right?

As for the rest of your post, I don't think Pat relied on Gus's bullshittery.  He has access to the entire program and has for a much longer period than Gus.  He made an informed decision.

I'll also put this out as a counterpoint:  Against teams not ranked in the top 10, Bo is looking pretty fucking great as a frosh, shitass playcalling aside.  I think everyone was expecting too much of the kid: to waltz into Gville/BR and pirouette out with a couple of Ws.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2019, 05:23:33 PM »
Patrick Nix was a pretty good QB.
He had some great moments in big games for Auburn.
We as fans always expect too much out of young QBs and yes even moreso from a kid with a high pedigree like Bo.

However...this offensive line is horrible and when they do get a modicum of push we have enough backfield talent to make them appear better than they are but there is no consistency there.

The receivers are the most talented group Auburn has EVER had  -EVER!
But they are poorly coached and the routes are terribly simple.

There is no denying how good our defense is.

So yes I still had high hopes that we could overcome our deficiencies and win at Gainesville with better overall play. 
Again at Baton Rouge...MAYBE WE LEARNED SOMETHING, same high hopes.
Nope...too many deficiencies.

And I'll probably think we can beat UGA even with these same deficiencies.

Doesn't change things for me.Lombardi is still right, we have no offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2019, 05:50:36 PM »
Mr. Nix  Comp/Att  Yds  Pct.  TD/INT

Oregon  12-31  177   42%  2/2

Tulane  19-37  207  51%  1/0

Kent. St.  12-16  161  75%  1/0

TA&M  12-20  100  60%  1/0

MSU  16-21  335  76%  2/0

Florida  11-27  145  41%  1/3

Arkansas  12-17  176  71%  3/0

LSU  15-35  157  43%  1/1

Totals  110-204  1,458  54%  12/6   127.5 Passer Rating.

Hard to glean much from the numbers other than the obvious fact that he's struggled mightily against easily the two toughest opponents.  Oregon is a pass for me simply because of it being the first game on that kind of stage.  Two things for me:

Yes, I'm very concerned about his accuracy, or lack thereof under pressure.  Again, I have no clue if his footwork and overall mechanics are good or bad.  But when he is given the simple throws, they are consistently off target.  Simple slants (When we call them) are often behind the WR, making for tough catches.  The kid has been throwing a football all his life and there are some throws he just plain should nail, regardless of Gus Malzahn.

But the more important factor is of course, Gus Malzahn, and the overall offensive scheme. Just doesn't adjust anything to give his frosh QB the best opportunity to be successful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2019, 06:39:34 PM »
Everyone knows Pat's bona fides.  I posited that they knew what they were getting into.  Your comment (worse than you expected) implied that you had some superior perspective.  Plus, you're always right, right?

As for the rest of your post, I don't think Pat relied on Gus's bullshittery.  He has access to the entire program and has for a much longer period than Gus.  He made an informed decision.

I'll also put this out as a counterpoint:  Against teams not ranked in the top 10, Bo is looking pretty fucking great as a frosh, shitass playcalling aside.  I think everyone was expecting too much of the kid: to waltz into Gville/BR and pirouette out with a couple of Ws.

I thought he said “not sure”. But I have 20-20 vision. What do I know. 

I took his “worse than anticipated” comment as - even though we expected gus’ bumfuckery at times. And we even maybe expected improvement - no one saw us being this inept on O like we looked in the 2nd and 3rd quarters Sat. The two times backed up in the endzone were cringeworthy. Against an avg LSU D. We didn’t expect a win there and maybe Gville. But we also didn’t expect that much dysfunction either. And it’s plausible to think that neither did Pat. Especially having seen this kid look all world for 3 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2019, 12:12:40 AM »
Mr. Nix  Comp/Att  Yds  Pct.  TD/INT

Tulane  19-37  207  51%  1/0

Kent. St.  12-16  161  75%  1/0

TA&M  12-20  100  60%  1/0

MSU  16-21  335  76%  2/0

Arkansas  12-17  176  71%  3/0

Totals  71-113 63% 8/0... Plus 3.1 YPC (62/194) and 3 TDs.

Hard to glean much from the numbers other than the obvious fact that he's struggled mightily against easily the two toughest opponents. pretty fucking great for a FUCKING FRESHMAN.  Oregon is a pass for me simply because of it being the first game on that kind of stage.  Two things for me:

Yes, I'm very concerned about his accuracy, or lack thereof under pressure.  Again, I have no clue if his footwork and overall mechanics are good or bad.  But when he is given the simple throws, they are consistently off target.  Simple slants (When we call them) are often behind the WR, making for tough catches. Hit me with specific throws in specific games.  I'm not saying he hasn't missed in the easier games, but let's line 'em out.

The kid has been throwing a football all his life and there are some throws he just plain should nail, regardless of Gus Malzahn...even against top 10 teams...in the first half of his first collegiate season??

But the more important factor is of course, Gus Malzahn, and the overall offensive scheme. Just doesn't adjust anything to give his frosh QB the best opportunity to be successful.  THIS I AGREE WITH...BUT IT AIN'T BO'S FUCKING FAULT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2019, 12:37:19 AM »
One thing to consider is to think in terms of what if...What if we still had Stidham or even better what if we had the great Joe Burrow with the same headstrong head coach, the same gameplanning, offensive line, backs, receiver group, simple routes, lack of adjustments whatever the fuck anyone should decide to throw in?

I should also mention the 60+ yard bolt by DJ Williams that skews the total rush numbers dramatically. (This sent a signal to Malzahn's noggin no doubt)

Whitlow was coming off of surgery and genius has a healthy Gatewood to run the wildcat and his decision is?

One decision that I liked 
(turned out bad)
was the 50/50 throw to Williams against Stingley who was coming back from injury also. 

Yeah I'm tired!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2019, 12:39:15 AM »
One thing to consider is to think in terms of what if...What if we still had Stidham or even better what if we had the great Joe Burrow with the same headstrong head coach, the same gameplanning, offensive line, backs, receiver group, simple routes, lack of adjustments whatever the fuck anyone should decide to throw in?

I should also mention the 60+ yard bolt by DJ Williams that skews the total rush numbers dramatically. (This sent a signal to Malzahn's noggin no doubt)

Whitlow was coming off of surgery and genius has a healthy Gatewood to run the wildcat and his decision is?

One decision that I liked
(turned out bad)
was the 50/50 throw to Williams against Stingley who was coming back from injury also.

Yeah I'm tired!
I'm deep into some Elijah Craig and my dispensary's finest.  What the FUCK is your excuse for this attempt at communicating with other humans via the written English language?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2019, 12:56:29 AM »
Malzahns play calling/passing routes suck.  But Bo has to hit simple pass patterns.  He sucjs right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2019, 12:58:16 AM »
I'm deep into some Elijah Craig and my dispensary's finest.  What the FUCK is your excuse for this attempt at communicating with other humans via the written English language?
Yeah you're overindulging. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2019, 01:11:26 AM »
Yeah you're overindulging.
Not excluding it as a possibility, but I'd like to poll the audience, Chuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2019, 01:21:52 AM »
Malzahns play calling/passing routes suck.  But Bo has to hit simple pass patterns.  He sucjs right now.
Ok what's the alternative?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions