Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

First Loss of the Season/Week Six Review Thread

jmar

Re: First Loss of the Season/Week Six Review Thread
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 06:56:03 PM »
Watching yesterday's offensive performance I became very ill. It's almost like there was no kind of game plan at all. No enthusiasm from the start. I guess they thought it was going to be a pushover game. It was a lackadaisical performance, except for the defense. We can't go on like this, we just can't.
Each game we are told there's a 15 play
script and so immediately off a fake designed for a long ball Nix is bullrushed and taken down. From there it was extreme noise, Nix trying to reset the script and linemen going "huh, what's that you say?" The confusion had set in and worst of all it seemed like Gus was affected by the chaos more than anyone. Instead of jumping ahead to play 8 ie. he goes into stupid mode rendering the entire offense impotent.

Would have been better to punt on second down at that point. "Here gotdamnit, deal with your own crowd noise."

We never got our speed guys involved; never tried a wheel or TE drag or anything out over their flanks to mitigate their edge speed, didn't let Nix sprint out a time or two, NOTHING!

Meanwhile they were sloppy as all fuck with the ball however they managed to keep their composure. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2019, 07:21:02 PM »
Each game we are told there's a 15 play
script and so immediately off a fake designed for a long ball Nix is bullrushed and taken down. From there it was extreme noise, Nix trying to reset the script and linemen going "huh, what's that you say?" The confusion had set in and worst of all it seemed like Gus was affected by the chaos more than anyone. Instead of jumping ahead to play 8 ie. he goes into stupid mode rendering the entire offense impotent.

Would have been better to punt on second down at that point. "Here gotdamnit, deal with your own crowd noise."

We never got our speed guys involved; never tried a wheel or TE drag or anything out over their flanks to mitigate their edge speed, didn't let Nix sprint out a time or two, NOTHING!

Meanwhile they were sloppy as all fuck with the ball however they managed to keep their composure.
I agree. FLAT would describe what I saw. I agree with the crowd having a major effect on Gus. Is there anyone on the coaching staff that has experienced the swamp? Tebow told Bo it was going to be very loud. I think it took them all by storm though. Two early TDs would have stopped that noise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2019, 07:44:56 PM »
I agree. FLAT would describe what I saw. I agree with the crowd having a major effect on Gus. Is there anyone on the coaching staff that has experienced the swamp? Tebow told Bo it was going to be very loud. I think it took them all by storm though. Two early TDs would have stopped that noise.
Gus was already poised to pucker for FGs as wes said. Can't go into shell that early and leverage all of the pressure on Steele's boys. They played good enough all around to win.
Too many weapons and options on our offense are and /or were shelved from the start of this one. 
They have to put this one behind them but...

...we are who we thought we were.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2019, 10:25:06 AM »
Gus showed his scared/puckered hand when he kicked the first field goal.  Gus of the past five games goes for the throat there.

No "hurry-up", sloppy ball security, horrendous special teams play by Tutt.

Just an all around cluster-fuck except for the defense...and even they had some moments of idiocy.

Total team loss from Gus to the equipment managers.
Winner
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 10:26:40 AM »
Each game we are told there's a 15 play
script and so immediately off a fake designed for a long ball Nix is bullrushed and taken down. From there it was extreme noise, Nix trying to reset the script and linemen going "huh, what's that you say?" The confusion had set in and worst of all it seemed like Gus was affected by the chaos more than anyone. Instead of jumping ahead to play 8 ie. he goes into stupid mode rendering the entire offense impotent.

We never got our speed guys involved; never tried a wheel or TE drag or anything out over their flanks to mitigate their edge speed, didn't let Nix sprint out a time or two, NOTHING!

Meanwhile they were sloppy as all fuck with the ball however they managed to keep their composure.
Gus was already poised to pucker for FGs as wes said. Can't go into shell that early and leverage all of the pressure on Steele's boys. They played good enough all around to win.
Too many weapons and options on our offense are and /or were shelved from the start of this one.
They have to put this one behind them but...

...we are who we thought we were.

Also winners
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: First Loss of the Season Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 10:29:04 AM »
Well. We were concentrating on runs up the middle and he just didn’t fit into that plan.
I see you down there, Mr. Like button...taunting me so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.