Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Don'tcha like clowns?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Don'tcha like clowns?
« on: September 23, 2019, 10:54:19 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/sid-haig-dead-house-1000-corpses-dead

Sid Haig, aka Captain Spaulding, no longer with us. 

He wasn't the greatest actor, but his resume is probably a lot longer than you realize.  He goes all the way back to the 60s. He's had parts on Batman, Man From U.N.C.L.E, Lucy Show, Star Trek, Danny Thomas, Daniel Boone, Flying Nun, Gunsmoke, Mission Impossible, Get Smart, Mannix, Six Million Dollar Man, Rockford Files, Police Story, Police Woman, Mary Hartman, Charlie's Angels, Hart to Hart, Quincy, TJ Hooker, Dukes of Hazzard, Fantasy Island, A-Team, Fall Guy, Hill Street Blues and McGyver (among many others). 

But he became legend when he hooked up with Rob Zombie to create the character Captain Spaulding in House of 1000 Corpses.  It was the role the weird-looking, hulking, raspy voiced, wild Haig was meant to play.  He resurrected the character in The Devil's Rejects -- a movie that I've always liked even though I know that it's straight pulp garbage.  

His interaction with PJ Soles (who I've always loved) and her kid is absolutely and weirdly fantastic.  

Haig had recently completed work on 3 From Hell, the second revival of the Spaulding character (who had almost certainly died in Rejects).  It was released last week to little fanfare.  

I'm sure it's terrible (Zombie's films typically are) but I'm gonna watch it.  

If I hadn't (last week) gone all in on the monkey concept I would switch to Spaulding this season in his honor. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Don'tcha like clowns?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 11:09:20 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.