Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher College Foosballz Observations/Opinions Here

jmar

Re: Putcher College Foosballz Observations/Opinions Here
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2019, 01:29:13 PM »
Are you not entertained?  That was total domination from start to finish.  I'm sure there are some minor things to quibble over, but MSU will still need a proctologist to remove Gus's footwear from their lower GI tract.

Gus is spouting some nonsense lately, though: “He did a good job,” Malzahn said of Whitlow. “And we tried to give other people the ball —you saw running backs…. We tried to let some other running backs touch it. We understand the long-haul journey and the volume of hits and everything that goes with it with running backs.”  Who is this guy wearing a visor on Auburn's sideline?

Clemson looked imminently beatable.  I liked Mack's decision to go for two, but the play ran too wide and too far in reverse to be successful.

Otherwise, yesterday's slate was mostly yawn-inducing.  Surprising the Arky/A&M game was the most dramatic.
I liked Mack' decision only I think (like the NFL) you want to isolate a quick slant or pick play which never gets called when a game's in question. A run play is an okay option for a last ditch  shot at a field goal, but you don't run your favorite play that your opponent prepares for all week...not for the nuts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2019, 08:36:00 PM »
I'm on the other end.  Hated the call to go for it.  Said his team was spent.  Bull shit.  You played the straight up for 4 quarters.  You're no more spent than they are.  Take your shot.  Who knows?  They didnt run you over for 3 hours.  Why do you assume they suddenly will dominate you now.  Weak sauce.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2019, 09:10:44 PM »
I have nothing about which to be unhappy in regard to AU. 

1) Auburn did not play particularly well, honestly, but still thunder-clubbed Mississippi State.  Evident from the first snap that AU was the better team.  No bumble-butting around, nothing but "we are going to kick your ass and make you like it."  Confident, business-like.  Yeah there were fumbles. So there are things to work on, but if anybody had told you 56-16 what would you have said?  For the record, I refuse to acknowledge the pissant score with less than a minute left when they had their starters in against players who weren't even on the media roster.  I also laughed heartily at their bulbous Bert-looking coach claiming they "made a few mistakes" and didn't change their gameplan at halftime because it wasn't that the plan wasn't working, they just weren't executing.  Still, the passing game looked much better. There were routes in the middle of the field for the first time since 2004. I don't think State is a bad team (they will give LSU trouble and they'll beat A&M) but they were not prepared to get hit in the face.

I do have some complaints overall. 

a) Who the hell was Nebraska for that to be some sort of defining win for Ohio State.  South Alabama would have beaten the Hushers in Lincoln if they'd known how to win.  The Jags looked like the better team then and Nebraska's done nothing to remove that perception since.  The clowns LOST to Colorado, beat the same Northern Illinois team a shitty Vandy just annihilated and squeaked by a significantly mediocre Illinois.  They're hot garbage and hardly some massive test for the overrated Suckeyes.

b) Tua Turdblower.  What?  I don't understand the hype.  I don't understand the foregone conclusion that he's this franchise resurrecting generational talent that's going to revolutionize the NFL and bring the tanking Dolphins back to relevance.  He builds up stats against creampuffs.  I swear, I could complete the slants and screens he does to receivers that consistently have a five-yard cushion.  They're always running almost alone on his deep balls.  He's hardly ever pressured.  I just don't think he deserves the constant knob-jobbing he gets from the press.  And one other thing.  I've seen them run that stupid slant/pick play for a 70-yard TD in almost every single game.  Can somebody PLEASE catch on to that?  If you take that motherfucker's head off and knock him out of his cleats when he strays his narrow ass out in the middle of the field, that would put an end to that. 

c) For the record, I like Jalen Hurts a lot better, but I have the same complaint about him.  I think he's currently a better QB than Tinkle Trotterfish is, but I haven't seen either do anything but pad the statline against teams that are no better than the WORST team on Auburn's schedule so far. 

d) Clempson.  That turtle-turd coach of theirs is lucky.  North Carolina was the better team.  And NC isn't very good.  Clempson will hurdle the rest of the gruesome ACC and make it back into the playoffs, but this isn't the same kind of team they've had before.  Just not good.  If Mack Brown hadn't called the dumbest two-point play in the history of the game, they might have lost.

e) Harbaugh is still a losing proposition for Michigan. Don't care what the Wolverines did yesterday.  Leach is a clown show.  I think he's reached the end of his career and burning his players as "fat and dumb" when he's the one with the problem is a really bad look. 

f) A&M.  They're going to shit on our strength of schedule.  My guess is they lose a minimum of four more games this season. 6-6? That's what you pay Dumbo Fisher 84 kabillion dollars to do? That pack of overhyped butt rangers would have lost to Arkansas if the Hog coach wasn't dumber than a sack of toast.  Call a timeout on a fourth down play with the game on the line and come up with THAT discombobulated travesty?  A second straight 0-8 SEC campaign is looking more likely than not.  If they don't beat Kentucky after an off week, I'd wager that's their destiny.  That would make Arky 1-23 in the SEC over the last three seasons, the one a one-point miracle over the last of the cheater Ole Miss seasons.

g) Polls.  Why in the bubbling yellow hell is Notre Dame still in the Top Ten?  And Texass 11th?  Why is Michigan in the Top 25?  Why are there four Pac12 teams in the poll?  I hate polls.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 09:20:38 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2019, 12:21:46 AM »
I rewatched a little of our game. We got some really good breaks on penalties that kept our drives alive. Yeah, that's part of the game, but without a couple of those, we punt.
I wonder how that would have affected the overall momentum.

Just to nit-pick...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2019, 07:23:20 AM »
I rewatched a little of our game. We got some really good breaks on penalties that kept our drives alive. Yeah, that's part of the game, but without a couple of those, we punt.
I wonder how that would have affected the overall momentum.

Just to nit-pick...
They also gave MSU a fumble after the receiver had gone down, rolled onto his back, gotten back up, graduated from college, gotten a job, gotten married, had kids, retired, had grandkids and yelled at some kids to get off his lawn.  

And then they upheld that travesty on review.  We could have let that derail our momentum.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2019, 09:51:10 AM »
They also gave MSU a fumble after the receiver had gone down, rolled onto his back, gotten back up, graduated from college, gotten a job, gotten married, had kids, retired, had grandkids and yelled at some kids to get off his lawn. 

And then they upheld that travesty on review.  We could have let that derail our momentum. 
Liked! I laughed a little. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2019, 09:57:29 AM »
I'm concerned mostly with our secondary in coverage giving up the big play. I forget who it was that got beat at the endzone. Even though the ball was overthrown, if wew do that shit against bama, Fuga or LSshoe, it's as good as a TD. Also, I don't see how in the hell we get a push against that offensive line of Fuga. Those SOBs weigh well over 300 a piece and our dline is somewhat smaller (maybe our quickness will overcome). Fuga's RB is the real deal, and bama will give us problems. LSshoe, well who the hell have they played? They do look like real contenders for the CFB champions this year. I truly believe they will push in bama's shit. Fuga, still up in the air.

Bo is improving but he is not polished. Receivers did a damn good job. RB did well too, as did the Oline.

SP has improved immensely.

I'm happy with the way we won the game.

Ona side note, Clemson ain't shit.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 10:06:15 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2019, 10:01:11 AM »
They also gave MSU a fumble after the receiver had gone down, rolled onto his back, gotten back up, graduated from college, gotten a job, gotten married, had kids, retired, had grandkids and yelled at some kids to get off his lawn. 

And then they upheld that travesty on review.  We could have let that derail our momentum. 
While I was totally pissed off at that one, it has no bearing on penaltlies artificially sustaining OUR drives.

Without a couple of well placed penalties, our drives would have failed. When we play a team that does not commit those timely penalties, will we be able to sustain drives in the same manner?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2019, 10:02:14 AM »
I'm concerned mostly with our secondary in coverage giving up the big play. I forget who it was that got beat at the endzone. Even though the ball was overthrown, if do that shit against bama, Fuga or LSshoe, it's as good as a TD.
Sherwood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2019, 10:13:03 AM »
While I was totally pissed off at that one, it has no bearing on penaltlies artificially sustaining OUR drives.

Without a couple of well placed penalties, our drives would have failed. When we play a team that does not commit those timely penalties, will we be able to sustain drives in the same manner?
Creed. "Ever to conquer, never to yield." I believe it pisses off the players more than us which, in turn, motivates them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2019, 10:34:16 AM »
I have nothing about which to be unhappy in regard to AU. 

1) Auburn did not play particularly well, honestly, but still thunder-clubbed Mississippi State.  Evident from the first snap that AU was the better team.  No bumble-butting around, nothing but "we are going to kick your ass and make you like it."  Confident, business-like.  Yeah there were fumbles. So there are things to work on, but if anybody had told you 56-16 what would you have said?  For the record, I refuse to acknowledge the pissant score with less than a minute left when they had their starters in against players who weren't even on the media roster.  I also laughed heartily at their bulbous Bert-looking coach claiming they "made a few mistakes" and didn't change their gameplan at halftime because it wasn't that the plan wasn't working, they just weren't executing.  Still, the passing game looked much better. There were routes in the middle of the field for the first time since 2004. I don't think State is a bad team (they will give LSU trouble and they'll beat A&M) but they were not prepared to get hit in the face.

I do have some complaints overall. 

a) Who the hell was Nebraska for that to be some sort of defining win for Ohio State.  South Alabama would have beaten the Hushers in Lincoln if they'd known how to win.  The Jags looked like the better team then and Nebraska's done nothing to remove that perception since.  The clowns LOST to Colorado, beat the same Northern Illinois team a shitty Vandy just annihilated and squeaked by a significantly mediocre Illinois.  They're hot garbage and hardly some massive test for the overrated Suckeyes.

b) Tua Turdblower.  What?  I don't understand the hype.  I don't understand the foregone conclusion that he's this franchise resurrecting generational talent that's going to revolutionize the NFL and bring the tanking Dolphins back to relevance.  He builds up stats against creampuffs.  I swear, I could complete the slants and screens he does to receivers that consistently have a five-yard cushion.  They're always running almost alone on his deep balls.  He's hardly ever pressured.  I just don't think he deserves the constant knob-jobbing he gets from the press.  And one other thing.  I've seen them run that stupid slant/pick play for a 70-yard TD in almost every single game.  Can somebody PLEASE catch on to that?  If you take that motherfucker's head off and knock him out of his cleats when he strays his narrow ass out in the middle of the field, that would put an end to that. 

c) For the record, I like Jalen Hurts a lot better, but I have the same complaint about him.  I think he's currently a better QB than Tinkle Trotterfish is, but I haven't seen either do anything but pad the statline against teams that are no better than the WORST team on Auburn's schedule so far. 

d) Clempson.  That turtle-turd coach of theirs is lucky.  North Carolina was the better team.  And NC isn't very good.  Clempson will hurdle the rest of the gruesome ACC and make it back into the playoffs, but this isn't the same kind of team they've had before.  Just not good.  If Mack Brown hadn't called the dumbest two-point play in the history of the game, they might have lost.

e) Harbaugh is still a losing proposition for Michigan. Don't care what the Wolverines did yesterday.  Leach is a clown show.  I think he's reached the end of his career and burning his players as "fat and dumb" when he's the one with the problem is a really bad look. 

f) A&M.  They're going to shit on our strength of schedule.  My guess is they lose a minimum of four more games this season. 6-6? That's what you pay Dumbo Fisher 84 kabillion dollars to do? That pack of overhyped butt rangers would have lost to Arkansas if the Hog coach wasn't dumber than a sack of toast.  Call a timeout on a fourth down play with the game on the line and come up with THAT discombobulated travesty?  A second straight 0-8 SEC campaign is looking more likely than not.  If they don't beat Kentucky after an off week, I'd wager that's their destiny.  That would make Arky 1-23 in the SEC over the last three seasons, the one a one-point miracle over the last of the cheater Ole Miss seasons.

g) Polls.  Why in the bubbling yellow hell is Notre Dame still in the Top Ten?  And Texass 11th?  Why is Michigan in the Top 25?  Why are there four Pac12 teams in the poll?  I hate polls.

Tua folded against uga and Clemson last year. They got pressure on him. I agree - he’s vey good when all is ideal around him and he has that nfl crop of wrs to throw to. When he gets hit some and has to bail? He looks not so good. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2019, 10:38:58 AM »

Ever occur to people that penalties are penalties for a reason? Most of the time they actually have an effect on a play. Maybe miss state should cheat less. 

As as far as the fumbles go, miss state was as aggressive as I’ve ever seen to the tune of selling out all else on d to punch the ball out. I haven’t seen a team do it to that degree that much in a long time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2019, 10:46:46 AM »
Ever occur to people that penalties are penalties for a reason? Most of the time they actually have an effect on a play. Maybe miss state should cheat less.

As as far as the fumbles go, miss state was as aggressive as I’ve ever seen to the tune of selling out all else on d to punch the ball out. I haven’t seen a team do it to that degree that much in a long time.
Until yesterday...see Lions, Detroit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2019, 12:25:40 PM »
  I don't see how in the hell we get a push against that offensive line of Fuga. Those SOBs weigh well over 300 a piece and our dline is somewhat smaller (maybe our quickness will overcome). Fuga's RB is the real deal, and bama will give us problems. LSshoe, well who the hell have they played? 
The UGA and Bama teams later in the schedule that look so daunting aren't much different overall than those we beat in 2017.

LSU hasn't played anyone which is to their detriment. Gonna be a test especially Baton Rouge but I think we can hang.
We need typical clock eating drives to limit their number of possessions. (Think Oregon 2010...that bunch scored in about 90 seconds with every possession except for that one time.)

But next up is Florida.
One at a time.

This schedule is brutal but has sort of graduated by degree of difficulty. 
The off week seems to be coming at just the right time too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2019, 12:31:01 PM »
The UGA and Bama teams later in the schedule that look so daunting aren't much different overall than those we beat in 2017.

LSU hasn't played anyone which is to their detriment. Gonna be a test especially Baton Rouge but I think we can hang.
We need typical clock eating drives to limit their number of possessions. (Think Oregon 2010...that bunch scored in about 90 seconds with every possession except for that one time.)

But next up is Florida.
One at a time.

This schedule is brutal but has sort of graduated by degree of difficulty.
The off week seems to be coming at just the right time too.
LSU dey done played Texas, cher.  Dat de bes of anya dem teams.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2019, 12:34:51 PM »
LSU dey done played Texas, cher.  Dat de bes of anya dem teams. 
Ah yes, I see what you mean........sorta.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2019, 01:55:45 PM »
The UGA and Bama teams later in the schedule that look so daunting aren't much different overall than those we beat in 2017.

LSU hasn't played anyone which is to their detriment. Gonna be a test especially Baton Rouge but I think we can hang.
We need typical clock eating drives to limit their number of possessions. (Think Oregon 2010...that bunch scored in about 90 seconds with every possession except for that one time.)

But next up is Florida.
One at a time.

This schedule is brutal but has sort of graduated by degree of difficulty.
The off week seems to be coming at just the right time too.
Uga ol didn’t get a push agaisnt nd’s undersized dL until the 4th quarter. They were not as advertised. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2019, 02:23:56 PM »
This is Florida's homecoming game and they are wearing "throwback" uniforms. 

https://floridagators.com/news/2019/9/29/football-gators-reveal-1960s-throwback-uniforms-for-homecoming-weekend.aspx

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2019, 03:16:16 PM »

https://floridagators.com/news/2019/9/29/football-gators-reveal-1960s-throwback-uniforms-for-homecoming-weekend.aspx

Its gonna suck for them losing their homecoming and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2019, 03:22:32 PM »

Hopefully we gonna throw them back to the 60's
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.