dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Putcher College Foosballz Observations/Opinions Here
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2019, 03:41:04 PM »
Buckle up boys, it's gonna be a helluva ride
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2019, 04:05:47 PM »
I predicted it....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2019, 04:52:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2019, 05:09:11 PM »
I have diddly to go on other than the Spring game.  Neither have any college experience other than a mop up, hand the ball off role for Gatewood in the bowl game.  I thought Nix had a good bit more touch with his passes and he was surprisingly quick when he took off.  The thing I like is this may be a long term dealio....if he works out.

Nix has basically been groomed for this all his life, growing up in a football family with dad playing at Auburn.  Patrick has extensive college coaching experience including the OC at Miami.  I would say his son has learned from a pretty damn good one.

Yeah, there will be growing pains, and playing QB under Malzahn may be the biggest obstacle of all.  I think in the long run, he could turn out to be very good.  Not making any predictions because I bought the Jeremy Johnson hype and thought he'd set records.  Actually, I think he did.  Just not in the areas we'd like.  But, doesn't it seem like JJ had a lot more hype to him than 5* Nix does?  I guess people are just being cautiously optimistic.  I know I am. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2019, 05:22:16 PM »
I have diddly to go on other than the Spring game.  Neither have any college experience other than a mop up, hand the ball off role for Gatewood in the bowl game.  I thought Nix had a good bit more touch with his passes and he was surprisingly quick when he took off.  The thing I like is this may be a long term dealio....if he works out.

Nix has basically been groomed for this all his life, growing up in a football family with dad playing at Auburn.  Patrick has extensive college coaching experience including the OC at Miami.  I would say his son has learned from a pretty damn good one.

Yeah, there will be growing pains, and playing QB under Malzahn may be the biggest obstacle of all.  I think in the long run, he could turn out to be very good.  Not making any predictions because I bought the Jeremy Johnson hype and thought he'd set records.  Actually, I think he did.  Just not in the areas we'd like.  But, doesn't it seem like JJ had a lot more hype to him than 5* Nix does?  I guess people are just being cautiously optimistic.  I know I am.
We have the same thoughts with Malzahn being a built-in obstacle so let's hope the kid has enough resilience to overcome crazy play calling and misguided blame. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2019, 07:12:37 AM »
I predict Gus will have him broke by midseason.  He will turtle next year before he finally transfers to Appalachia State in year three.
I hope I have to eat these words.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2019, 09:39:35 AM »
I predict Gus will have him broke by midseason.  He will turtle next year before he finally transfers to Appalachia State in year three.
Normally I would agree except for the x-factor.  His daddy won't let that happen.  Shows me all I need to know that a True Freshman beats out the guy that has already been in the program for a year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2019, 09:40:14 AM »
It's definitely going to be baptism by fahr.  If he's still standing at midseason, we may have something at QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2019, 10:41:25 AM »
Normally I would agree except for the x-factor.  His daddy won't let that happen.  Shows me all I need to know that a True Freshman beats out the guy that has already been in the program for a year.
Also shows me that Nix wanted it more. Maybe perhaps Gatewood thought the job was his and took things for granted? Maybe not. Regardless, Nix showed up and showed out along with diddy I'm sure being very vocal. We all should have seen this coming really. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2019, 10:45:18 AM »
Also shows me that Nix wanted it more. Maybe perhaps Gatewood thought the job was his and took things for granted? Maybe not. Regardless, Nix showed up and showed out along with diddy I'm sure being very vocal. We all should have seen this coming really.
Does your wife always though?   :rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 11:02:01 AM »
Gus had a full year to screw Gatewood up
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2019, 11:28:09 AM »
Does your wife always though?  :rimshot:
Wanted more, took things for granted or seen it coming? Easy answer, NO, to all three.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2019, 12:08:17 PM »
Gus had a full year to screw Gatewood up
Exactly...however I don't think Pat would let Gus screw up Bo at least that's what I'm hoping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2019, 02:29:33 PM »
Go Gaytah's depth on the D-line just took a shot.  They lost senior, Elijah Conliffe for the season with a foot injury.  6'4" 310 pound back up who played in 13 games last season. 

I know that's a little more Jorts U info than most people want, but Florida has had some attrition in the off season and the schedules for a lot of the SEC teams is absolutely brutal.  Florida's "meat" comes in the middle and with a stretch including Auburn, LSU, Sakerlina and Fuck Georgia, you need all the able bodies you can get.

Plus, it should be about 143 degrees Saturday against Miami.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2019, 05:53:56 PM »
Exactly...however I don't think Pat would let Gus screw up Bo at least that's what I'm hoping.
Agree. The shoddy treatment of Sean White exposed Gus and I think the Auburn faithful would go pitchforks and torches if the same is applied to Nix.

Found a few old posts elsewhere mentioning White's grittiness and Stidham's hesitance and how the combination of the two would be a perfect fit.

I can still see White playing hurt and desperately asking for a play while the sideline fuckery forces the wildcat.
Stidham knew what he was getting into and had a sense of survival about him which often angered us but then none of us currently occupy a roster spot with the Patriots. Good on him...he made it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2019, 06:50:31 PM »
Plus, it should be about 143 degrees Saturday against Miami.
Oh my, that means the "feelike" temperature is gonna feel like 195.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2019, 11:44:38 AM »
Observations/Opinions:

The official opening of college foosballz is tomorrow.  I love weekends that we don't play.  No pressure.  No skress.  So, it's some high school ball tonight and have some peeps over tomorrow to grill some type of meat...to be determined.  But it will include some Conecuh, the OFFICIAL SAUSAGE of your Auburn Tigers.

Random Thought:  I hate Fuck Georgia.  But, I've caught a few games on the SEC Network that they've been running from last season to lead up to this one.  Seen FUGA a few times and one thing that stands out about them recently and over the years is they rarely have a big name in the trenches.  Yeah, occasionally they do, but their defense always seems to be centered around 220 lb. guys who can flat out fly.  Linebackers and safeties who will run your ass down.  I truly believe we have our own right now in Owen Pappoe.  The Corches are raving on this guy.  Can't wait to see him on the field.

Another random thought:  I saw where they are saying the Tulane game will be a white out.  First off, that's racist.  Second, I don't want to wear white.  I sweat a lot and white really isn't flattering on my ample man-boobs.

Speaking of, I've been in search of the 2019 game day shirt.  It appears it's down to a basic, sold blue Columbia.  Simple and classic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2019, 11:49:06 AM »
Speaking of, I've been in search of the 2019 game day shirt.  
You're welcome.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
You're welcome.

That will go great with your Lime Green shorts Buzz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions