Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Paybacks are hell

Paybacks are hell
« on: November 27, 2007, 10:51:28 PM »
Well it looks like Ears is going to make someone regret past decisions.  The gossip on HI is that Ears is negotiating with Arkansas today.  He's either going to wait til the last minute, then tell 'em to stick it for passing on him 10 years ago, or he's going to take the job and tell you guys to stick it for trying to hire Petrino behind his back a few years ago.  Ah, revenge is sweet, but who to take it out on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Paybacks are hell
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 11:41:04 PM »
Well it looks like Ears is going to make someone regret past decisions.  The gossip on HI is that Ears is negotiating with Arkansas today.  He's either going to wait til the last minute, then tell 'em to stick it for passing on him 10 years ago, or he's going to take the job and tell you guys to stick it for trying to hire Petrino behind his back a few years ago.  Ah, revenge is sweet, but who to take it out on?

The "gossip" is full of shit.  Wishful thinking. 

Now you guys can go and hire Mike DuBose or Lou Holtz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 12:05:54 AM »
Well, some of the reporters say they had a big conference call earlier today.  I think their next choice is Lane Kiffen.  I don't know, supposedly ESPN says Mike Leach is the pick.  Bo Pellini supposedly met with our new AD and his buddy Bill Cowher over the weekend as well.  I guess we'll see what happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 03:23:54 AM »
Well, some of the reporters say they had a big conference call earlier today.  I think their next choice is Lane Kiffen.  I don't know, supposedly ESPN says Mike Leach is the pick.  Bo Pellini supposedly met with our new AD and his buddy Bill Cowher over the weekend as well.  I guess we'll see what happens.
How about Gus Malzahn or Mustain's momma?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 07:53:03 AM »
Tubs was in meetings all day yesterday.  Unfortunately for hog fans it was with Auburn.

I am more surprised that ya'll got Ole miss to take Nutt.  Who in the hell did ya'll bribe down there?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 07:53:56 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 10:03:13 AM »
Okay, we really need a bullshit stamp.  I just ruined a perfectly good pair of shoes walking blindly into this thread.

:pee: on Tuberville to Arkansas....

:bs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 12:12:41 PM »
It seems like a lot of Hog fans thing they have TT sewn up. 

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either way.  If TT wants to go back to Arkansas, I'm sure there is someone else out there who can give us at least 1 SEC Championship in the next 9 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 01:09:37 PM »
Yea I am seeing that a lot as well.  I think they are being duped by the media.  You all remember the circus that they caused last year when Alabama was looking.  As funny as it was the turds did not create all of that problem themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 01:53:54 PM »

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either way.  If TT wants to go back to Arkansas, I'm sure there is someone else out there who can give us at least 1 SEC Championship in the next 9 years.
There are tons of coaches that could have coached Auburn to 4 loses this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 02:13:44 PM »
There are tons of coaches that could have coached Auburn to 4 loses this year.

The question is, which ones would have been the losses? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Raven_tiger

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 05:54:50 PM »

+1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 06:38:07 PM »
The question is, which ones would have been the losses? 
Nice catch, Im a loses
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 07:53:56 PM »
I didn't say I thought he would go to Arkansas, and I'm not exactly excited about it even if he does. I was just saying he's in a position for a little payback one way or the other.  It must be kind of nice to be in a position where  he gets to choose who to tell to piss off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 08:03:21 PM »
I didn't say I thought he would go to Arkansas, and I'm not exactly excited about it even if he does. I was just saying he's in a position for a little payback one way or the other.  It must be kind of nice to be in a position where  he gets to choose who to tell to piss off.

I don't think he cares about "revenge" in either case.  That's petty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 12:24:57 AM »
Look, whoever gets CTT, whether it's Auburn, Arky, Nebraska or fuckin' Slippery Rock...the guy is a winner and they'll get a solid coach that will keep the program on solid footing.  Will he win the big one?  Who knows?  But I'll be fine if he stays and I'll be giddy as a 16 year old with her first piece of 7" meat in her face if we court Petrino or Spurrier or Parcells or whoever if Wingnut decides to bolt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 07:44:41 AM »
You know I usually agree with you Steve but if we ever looked at Petrino again we deserve him.  To me, in the grand scheme of jetgate he is just as guilty as the fucks that got on the plane.  I don't want that kind of character leading my Auburn team.  Maybe that's just me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 07:50:51 AM »
You know I usually agree with you Steve but if we ever looked at Petrino again we deserve him.  To me, in the grand scheme of jetgate he is just as guilty as the fucks that got on the plane.  I don't want that kind of character leading my Auburn team.  Maybe that's just me?
agree
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Ogre

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 08:36:48 AM »
If Tommy leaves to go to another SEC West school, I would take that as a slap in the face.  What better way to slap him back than hire the guy we went after in 2003?  I honestly think that Petrino (with a solid DC) could be the difference in co-SEC West Championships and National Championships.  But that's just me.

Besides, if everyone I've ever screwed over still held a grudge against me, I'd probably be lying dead in an alley somewhere.  I'd say forgive and forget.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 09:07:10 AM »
Besides, if everyone I've ever screwed over still held a grudge against me, I'd probably be lying dead in an alley somewhere.  I'd say forgive and forget.

You must screw over pussies that won't pull the trigger.  I personally hold a grudge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »
Unfortunately, I think the plane trip to Loserville is just the way things are really done.  For instance, if MEEEEEEchigan really does want Lester, I imagine they've already had plenty of contact with his agent or him prior to "Getting permission" as was just reported.  No way in hell Ole Piss wasn't already talking to the Nutt case before any announcement of his resignation.  Just like we're talking about CTT's contract negotiations taking a while and how multi-million dollar deals don't happen overnight, Ole Piss and Nutt had to have been hammering out details for a while behind the scenes.

Auburn/Petrino just got caught and embarrased.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."