Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Thinks Hammer Coming

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Auburn Thinks Hammer Coming
« on: July 18, 2019, 11:01:36 AM »
https://www.al.com/auburn/2019/07/auburn-expects-basketball-program-to-receive-ncaa-penalties.html

Auburn expects basketball program to receive Notice of Allegations from NCAA

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Auburn Thinks Hammer Coming
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 12:00:58 PM »
I know what they said, BUT, I'm not buying it.  

I know a guy who was convicted on some white collar stuff and spent a bunch of years in prison.  For his sentencing he wrote that his wife was leaving him (she wasn't) he expected to be estranged from his children (he wasn't), his church would likely remove him from its membership (it didn't) and his friends had abandoned him (they didn't).  He also wrote a bunch of other gloom and doom stuff hoping for leniency.  

They might, but I don't fear it.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 12:22:55 PM »
I saw one unsubstantiated claim in that long piece that says Auburn expects a notice of allegations.  According to who? al.kum?  IMO, the only way that happens is if Person turned on AU and told the NCAA or Feds something we haven't heard about. 

The article states at length how incredibly proactive Auburn was, not only in it's investigation of potential wrongdoings after Person was busted, but in their training and education on NCAA compliance matters each and every year with their staff, including Person.  Chuck got busted, the players got suspended and served their time according to the NCAA and every single shred of evidence points to Person going rogue and AU having no knowledge. 

Why then, should Auburn be expecting a notice of allegations? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 01:31:19 PM »
and what would the allegations be, we already knew all that.  Kids didn't play for a year and half because the NCAA didn't clear them.

Just clickbait IMO
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 02:51:07 PM »

Why then, should Auburn be expecting a notice of allegations?
Because of the bammers that work for the NCAA?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 05:00:54 PM »
Pearl is going to Federal pound me in the ass prison!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 05:32:16 PM »
Pearl is going to Federal pound me in the ass prison!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 07:15:43 PM »
Why then, should Auburn be expecting a notice of allegations?
Because Auburn was the first team in the state to make a Final 4, and God forbid Auburn does something before Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 08:18:10 PM »
Because Auburn was the first team in the state to make a Final 4, and God forbid Auburn does something before Alabama.
But Colin Sexton...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 08:42:47 PM »
But Colin Sexton...
He hasn't been a part of the team since the Sugar Bowl. So says the back dated cease and desist letter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 08:52:28 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 09:00:24 PM »
Eraserhead?
Broccoli head fuck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 09:22:37 AM »
Image result for Collin Sexton hair images
Yeah, I got paid.

You jelly?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2019, 10:30:23 AM »
Pearl believes Auburn is not finished with NCAA sanctions, but that worst is behind program

Auburn men’s basketball head coach Bruce Pearl says he anticipates that his program is not done with NCAA sanctions just yet, but that he thinks the worst is already behind the team, he revealed Monday in a podcast interview with CBS Sports and Sports Illustrated reporter Jon Rothstein.

Pearl also claimed that his assistant coach Ira Bowman did not have any knowledge of what was happening with former Penn head coach Jerome Allen during Bowman’s tenure under him — and that Pearl’s relieved his former assistant Chuck Person didn’t have to go to prison after he pleaded guilty to a bribery conspiracy charge in federal court.

He also said Auburn has been placed under NCAA restrictions that haven’t been revealed publicly yet.

Pearl spoke with Rothstein on the latter’s College Hoops Today podcast posted online Monday.

To hear the podcast, click here.

Auburn’s rising senior center Austin Wiley sat out the 2017-18 season while fellow rising senior at forward Danjel Purifoy sat out the same year plus nine games of last season, as part of NCAA sanctions laid down when it was revealed that Person accepted thousands of dollars in bribes to steer those players as potential NBA talents to a financial adviser.

Person was sentenced to time served and two years of supervision earlier this month, at the conclusion of proceedings that saw Auburn University file a victim impact statement with the court stating that the program expects more sanctions from the NCAA in the wake of the damage done by Person accepting money to try to sway players to said financial adviser on their way into the pro ranks.

Pearl echoed that on Monday’s podcast, saying, “I am anticipating that we are not finished completely.”

However, he said: “I do feel like the worst is behind us.”
Rothstein’s interview with Pearl was posted to Soundcloud on Monday afternoon. An Auburn spokesman said Pearl would not add anything further beyond what he said on the show.

“I know the compliance that we have in this program — I’m actually pretty proud of it,” he said on the podcast. “I think a lot of the things that we did are examples of how you should do things when you’re faced with these situations.

“I’m very, very confident of the status of our program moving forward.”

Bowman was not on the bench during Auburn’s postseason run in the spring, after he was named by former Penn head coach Jerome Allen to have played part in a bribe scheme at Penn back when Bowman was an assistant there. Per a report at the time from Law360.com, Allen said in court testimony on March 8 that a Miami executive was paying Allen to help his son get admitted into Penn by way of being a basketball recruit, and that after Allen was fired but before the player made it to campus, a bank account was set up to which the parent could wire money and from which Bowman could withdraw money.

This was before Allen left Penn in 2015. Bowman stayed at Penn until the summer of 2018, when he was hired to coach at Auburn.

“We’re very, very glad that Ira Bowman only missed about a month and a half while he was kind of waiting on, or kind of looking into, things that happened at Penn three years ago. You know what I mean? It wasn’t like it was anything that happened at Auburn,” Pearl said on the podcast. “And Ira Bowman is a first-class, top assistant whose character is impeccable, and I’m glad — I appreciate the patience that was shown to kind of get through — He didn’t have any knowledge of what was going on in that situation with his head coach.”

As for Person’s sentencing, Pearl simply spoke in a grave tone when mentioning the reality of prison. He didn’t say whether he and Person are close or speaking.
“As a colleague, as a friend, someone that I worked with for a few years, I’m glad that he didn’t have to go to jail about this. You know, Book Richardson is in jail right now, Jon, and that’s just for all of us in this coaching profession, that’s sad,” he said, referencing the former Arizona assistant who was sentenced to three months in prison in June.

“At the same time, we made mistakes. … It’s my job to protect my players and protect their eligibilities and do the best I possibly can to have the right compliance in place and the right controls,” Pearl said on the podcast. “You do everything you can possibly do. Sometimes mistakes happen.

“We took some real strong penalties, a lot of which have never been made public and at some point will be,” he added. “When our players’ eligibility was in question, we sat them until we could get their eligibility cleared. That was not the way everybody did it but that was the way we felt like we should do it, and hopefully many of those decisions will serve us well as we navigate this future.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum