Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NBA Talk

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
NBA Talk
« on: July 16, 2019, 10:18:03 AM »
I'm well aware that the NBA is right up there on everybody's list with women's soccer and lacrosse.  And I also posted that one thing I was sick of was the 24/7, "Where is Kawhi going?" talk that had taken over every sports show.  (Funny how it turned out that NOBODY was right)  But, if you follow the NBA at all, you know that the face of the entire league has changed dramatically.  It turned into the battle of the dynamic duos overnight.

First, with the exit of Kevin Durant, the Golden Flake Warriors and their little bitch of a coach, Stephanie Kerr, may come back to the pack.  I don't think there's any doubt that had he and Klay Thompson been healthy in the finals, they'd have won another title.  And it's hard to bet against Curry, Thompson and Green, but I hope their reign is over.

So even though he may miss most of the year with the injury, Durant (Yes, all the experts were wrong about him too) goes to Brooklyn to team up with Kyrie Irving.  The Nets are suddenly relevant for the first time in....well, forever.

Then after all the speculation on Kawhi Leonard going to the Lakers or Knicks, he winds up going to the L.A. Clippers.  And he gets Paul George to join him.  Clippers back in the mix.

Speaking of the Lakers, LeBron James will team up with the UniBrow, Anthony Davis, who comes over from New Orleans.  If they have anyone to compliment those two, you may see them go deep in the playoffs next season as well.

Not only did Oklahoma City lose Paul George, they also dumped the salary of the face of their franchise, Russell Westbrook.  He joins The Beard in Houston but unfortunately, there's only one basketball on the court during a game.  That could get interesting.

The Hawks.....are still The Hawks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: NBA Talk
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 10:47:33 AM »
Not true. I follow the professional roundballs. As a long-suffering Knicks fan, I can only watch as other teams are lapping us continually. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 11:33:42 AM »
Not true. I follow the professional roundballs. As a long-suffering Knicks fan, I can only watch as other teams are lapping us continually.
The Knicks completely bumfuzzle me.  They haven't been relevant since Patrick Ewing's prime.  You would think the NBA would secretly find a way to get them back in the mix.  Why would Durant and Irving decide to go to Brooklyn rather than teh Knicks?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 12:20:33 PM »
The Knicks completely bumfuzzle me.  They haven't been relevant since Patrick Ewing's prime.  You would think the NBA would secretly find a way to get them back in the mix.  Why would Durant and Irving decide to go to Brooklyn rather than teh Knicks? 
They say the owner governor but truth is, Dolan is a hands off owner governor. It's because that place has been a loser for so long, no one can imagine them building a winner. The Knicks need to draft and build a solid team that makes the playoffs as a lower seed consistently. That will attract FA talent. It's also true that the allure of "build your brand in NYC" really doesn't  exist nowadays. KD became a superstar in Oklahoma City. No longer need to be in one of the big cities to do stuff.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 04:52:47 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 03:37:16 PM »
They say the owner but truth is, Dolan is a hands off owner. It's because that place has been a loser for so long, no one can imagine them building a winner. The Knicks need to draft and build a solid team that makes the playoffs as a lower seed consistently. That will attract FA talent. It's also true that the allure of "build your brand in NYC" really doesn't  exist nowadays. KD became a superstar in Oklahoma City. No longer need to be in one of the big cities to do stuff.
RACIST! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 04:52:01 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions