Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Revised Bond titles

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Revised Bond titles
« on: July 15, 2019, 04:17:40 PM »
Now that there's going to be a new, black, female 007 we might as well revise the titles for much of the Bond franchise.  

She will drive a 64 Impala convertible, lifted, with gold spinner rims obviously.  Monepenny will be replaced by Mo Money Bitch. Q will be replaced by Q-Pain. 

Films: 
A View To A Kill:  Look Here, Imma Cap that Ass

Dr. No:  Aw, Hell Naw, Doc 

For Your Eyes Only:  Don't Be Side-Eyeing Me, Ho 

Die Another Day:  Lord Jesus, Ain't Nobody Got Time for Dying Today

The Man With The Golden Gun:  Skee Skee Skee, M'fucker

Hmmm... I probably should stop this.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Revised Bond titles
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 08:02:52 AM »

Seriously though, what's the big deal? This character has evolved many, many times over the five+ decades of films. So they want a woman to be Bond? Been talking about that since Basic Instinct and Sharon Stone? So they want a minority to play the character? Been talking about that for 10 years as well. So what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 08:57:13 AM »
In the case of 007, they are fundamentally changing who the character is.  And if people want to see that, then they will go to the movies.  I have no desire to see a female 007, so I won't spend money on it.  Just don't label me a sexist because of it.

Why not make her agent 003 or 008, and you can have her own movies, set in the same movie universe as Bond? 

The BBC did the same thing with Doctor Who.  I don't like the female Doctor Who, so I stopped watching.  Doesn't bother me.  Also doesn't make me a sexist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 09:14:23 AM »
I suppose the movie will start with Bond sitting in a jail cell beginning his 75 year term for rape?  #metoo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 09:35:34 AM »
In the case of 007, they are fundamentally changing who the character is.  And if people want to see that, then they will go to the movies.  I have no desire to see a female 007, so I won't spend money on it.  Just don't label me a sexist because of it.

Why not make her agent 003 or 008, and you can have her own movies, set in the same movie universe as Bond? 

The BBC did the same thing with Doctor Who.  I don't like the female Doctor Who, so I stopped watching.  Doesn't bother me.  Also doesn't make me a sexist.
Don't sell yourself short.  You're extremely sexy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 11:18:43 AM »

Seriously though, what's the big deal? This character has evolved many, many times over the five+ decades of films. So they want a woman to be Bond? Been talking about that since Basic Instinct and Sharon Stone? So they want a minority to play the character? Been talking about that for 10 years as well. So what?

So you'd be okay with Gabourey Sibide as Santa Claus in Santa Claus IV?  

Some things should just be left alone.  This is one of them.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 12:18:23 PM »
So you'd be okay with Gabourey Sibide as Santa Claus in Santa Claus IV? 

Some things should just be left alone.  This is one of them. 
I'm for creative freedom and artistic interpretation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 02:55:36 PM »
The same Hollywood creative freedom and artistic interpretation that ruined Jack Reacher?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 02:59:12 PM »
The same Hollywood creative freedom and artistic interpretation that ruined Jack Reacher?
Y U no like scientology?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 03:06:43 PM »
Y U no like scientology?
I have no problem with Tom Cruise.  But when a character is described as being 6'5" and built like a linebacker, you're changing the character fundamentally when you cast Tom Cruise in the role.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 03:07:44 PM »
I remember Wench being pissed that they were casting Cruise in the part.  I was good with the movie because I'd never read or seen anything about Reacher before the movie came out, so I had no preconceived notions about it.  I like the first one and will watch it every time it's on.  I'm just a big fan of the one-man wrecking crew flicks.  Give me a lot of the early Jason Statham.  Even the horribly acted Steven Seagal movies.

Yes, there are 27 of you surrounding me with AK-47's.  But I have this piece of metal pipe I found.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 03:10:59 PM »
My favorite scene.  Remember, you wanted this.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 03:21:32 PM »
Back on the original topic, I think Jar hit the nail on the head for me.  Make her part of the same organization as Bond but a different agent doing her own thing.  .003 or whatever.  But to have a female replace the actual Bond is just reedonkulus.

Unless she gots big titties and likes to show them a lot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 03:33:37 PM »
Coming soon to a theater near you:

Forrest Whitaker as Richard M. Nixon in Watergaaeeeete, Boi!

Co-starring Chris Tucker as John Erlichmann, Steve Harvey as G. Gordon Liddy, Kevin Hart as Chuck Colson,  David Ortiz (in his first starring role) as Henry Kissinger, Ice Cube as H.R. Halderman,  Don Cheadle as John Mitchell.  With Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx as Woodward and Bernstein.  Also starring Mariah Carey as Pat Nixon and Morgan Freeman as Dwight Eisenhower. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 04:14:36 PM »
Back on the original topic, I think Jar hit the nail on the head for me.  Make her part of the same organization as Bond but a different agent doing her own thing.  .003 or whatever.  But to have a female replace the actual Bond is just reedonkulus.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2019, 04:29:39 PM »

I don't find National Geographic boobs interesting. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 04:34:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 04:54:28 PM »
Coming soon to a theater near you:

Forrest Whitaker as Richard M. Nixon in Watergaaeeeete, Boi!

Co-starring Chris Tucker as John Erlichmann, Steve Harvey as G. Gordon Liddy, Kevin Hart as Chuck Colson,  David Ortiz (in his first starring role) as Henry Kissinger, Ice Cube as H.R. Halderman,  Don Cheadle as John Mitchell.  With Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx as Woodward and Bernstein.  Also starring Mariah Carey as Pat Nixon and Morgan Freeman as Dwight Eisenhower.
Isn't that basically the casting idea behind Hamilton?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 04:54:55 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2019, 04:57:29 PM »
Only if she's 5'3".
Red beans and rice didn't miss her
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions