Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

MOOOOOOWR STARZ

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
MOOOOOOWR STARZ
« on: July 10, 2019, 12:12:04 PM »
:starz:

I posted this same thing last season, but the numbers are even more staggering this year.  You guys know I love my preseason mags, especially Black Cock Monthly…..wait….I mean Athlon, Lindy’s etc.  Street & Smith has a recruiting section at the start of each conference preview.  In that section, they list each team and the number of 3, 4 and 5 star guys they signed according to 247.  It gives you an indication of not only how a particular team did, but the conference as a whole.  I fully acknowledge that a 4 or 5 star rating for an individual player is no guarantee for how he’ll perform at the next level.  But, I’m a firm believer that stockpiling highly rated talent should at least make you competitive and in the conversation for the playoffs.  Certainly not every time.  We’ve kind of been the exception to that theory the last 5-6 years. 

As was the case last year, not one team from a non-power 5 conference landed a 4 or 5 star recruit.  That’s actually kind of wild considering you have teams like UCF, Houston, Memphis, Boise State, Fresno etc.  You would think at least one highly rated recruit would jump at the chance to be da’ man on one of those teams.  But nay, nay.  The AAC, Conference USA, the MAC, Mountain West and Sunbelt all whiffed.  So the Power 5’s look like this:

Four Stars and Five Stars

ACC:  (14 teams)  50 and 1 (Clemson)

Big 12: (10 teams)  41 and 5

PAC 12: (14 teams) 53 and 1 (Oregon….they’re just so fast)

Big 10: (14 teams)  70 and 7

SEC:  (14 teams)  138 and 20  

What does it say when you have far more than doubled the next closest conference in top rated talent?  Still, it was Clemson that laid the wood to our representative last year. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: MOOOOOOWR STARZ
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 01:58:10 PM »

What does it say when you have far more than doubled the next closest conference in top rated talent?  Still, it was Clemson that laid the wood to our representative last year.

Yep.  Still made me smile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 02:40:23 PM »
I can take three stars and coach 'em up.  It's not about how good they were in high school, it's about how good they can be when you've taught and molded them into football players.  It's all about taking what you've got and developing the best team you can.  

And that's just what I'll do when I'm elected to represent you in the United States Senate.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 07:22:21 AM »
I can take three stars and coach 'em up.  It's not about how good they were in high school, it's about how good they can be when you've taught and molded them into football players.  It's all about taking what you've got and developing the best team you can. 

And that's just what I'll do when I'm elected to represent you in the United States Senate. 
Aside from his asinine political run, I sure do miss that ability in a head coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 09:18:22 AM »
Aside from his asinine political run, I sure do miss that ability in a head coach.
I’m voting for him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 09:35:53 AM »
He’s running against Bradley Byrne and Roy Moore. Yeah. I’m with K here. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bgreene

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 09:53:40 AM »
Roy Moore is a complete embarrassment to the state of AL.  Enough is enough in my opinion.  Tubbs has my vote
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 09:54:17 AM »
Curious what makes it asinine to you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 11:08:38 AM »
Curious what makes it asinine to you?
It's nothing personal at all. Against the other GOP options, he's definitely a more popular option. And let's be honest, we all know Doug Jones is toast in the general election. It's more that I would be concerned (if I still lived in Alabama) that an ex college football coach (which is somewhat akin to being a COO of a company) is the BEST option we have for representation in a national legislative body.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 11:13:12 AM »
It's nothing personal at all. Against the other GOP options, he's definitely a more popular option. And let's be honest, we all know Doug Jones is toast in the general election. It's more that I would be concerned (if I still lived in Alabama) that an ex college football coach (which is somewhat akin to being a COO of a company) is the BEST option we have for representation in a national legislative body.
Have we not seen that a COO can be a better option than career politicians. If I am not mistaken, that was the founding fathers' preference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 11:15:33 AM »
Have we not seen that a COO can be a better option than career politicians. If I am not mistaken, that was the founding fathers' preference.
Again, that's kind of a stretch of what the job was, but I agree it doesn't have to be a "career politician" (which you will see in many other posts I'm against). I just question what exactly Thomas Tuberville would do as a representatives for the people of Alabama in one the main legislative bodies of the nation. Additionally, that whole race (who he's up against), is a straight clown show in my opinion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 11:32:20 AM »
Again, that's kind of a stretch of what the job was, but I agree it doesn't have to be a "career politician" (which you will see in many other posts I'm against). I just question what exactly Thomas Tuberville would do as a representatives for the people of Alabama in one the main legislative bodies of the nation. Additionally, that whole race (who he's up against), is a straight clown show in my opinion.
I and probably many more people like the fact that he isn't a politician and is running for office.  Kinda reminds me of the last presidential race.  Seriously, I think the allure is the "common man" approach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 11:34:19 AM »
I and probably many more people like the fact that he isn't a politician and is running for office.  Kinda reminds me of the last presidential race.  Seriously, I think the allure is the "common man" approach.
Yeah, I definitely want the guy that wrenches on my car to make decisions that would affect millions.  I'm not in favor, necessarily, of "career politicians, but a basic functioning understanding of the job ought to be a pre-req.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 11:35:35 AM »
Fair enough, I was curious.  I think besides what was stated here, he has any of the same qualifications starting out than any professional, trying to break into politics, would.  Perhaps more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 11:36:34 AM »
Yeah, I definitely want the guy that wrenches on my car to make decisions that would affect millions.  I'm not in favor, necessarily, of "career politicians, but a basic functioning understanding of the job ought to be a pre-req.
That's reaching a bit.  However, what makes you think the guy wrenching on your car couldn't make important decisions like that? Because he is in a trade he isn't "smart" enough to do that job?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 11:38:13 AM »
That's reaching a bit.  However, what makes you think the guy wrenching on your car couldn't make important decisions like that? Because he is in a trade he isn't "smart" enough to do that job?
Nothing against his trade or potential aptitude.  It's about skill sets.  There's not much Venn-overlap between my garage and my statehouse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 11:42:11 AM »
Fair enough, I was curious.  I think besides what was stated here, he has any of the same qualifications starting out than any professional, trying to break into politics, would.  Perhaps more.
And bi?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 11:42:46 AM »
What is your definition of "basic understanding"? I would say that even a mechanic (even though, apparently beneath you) could read a book and get a basic understanding  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »
Nothing against his trade or potential aptitude.  It's about skill sets.  There's not much Venn-overlap between my garage and my statehouse.
Like a bartender?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 11:51:10 AM »
IMO, Tubs should be ahead of the game in those pre-req's.  He's well educated, sharp and has tons of experience with public speaking and being in front of a camera. Does that qualify him to be a good politician?  Obviously not.  But I'm 100% certain he's connected enough that between now and election time, he'll have plenty of people who are able to show him the ropes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions