Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Nice Boom Before The 4th of July

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
A Nice Boom Before The 4th of July
« on: July 02, 2019, 04:23:41 PM »
4 star linebacker, Wesley Steiner, commits to the good guys.  5'11" 220.  He just finished one of those football camp dealios called The Opening, which the receiver, Capers, was at also.  This little tidbit from 247 gave pause for decent chub poppage.

Monday, Steiner finished the Football Rating Championship at The Opening Finals with a total score of 148.17 to claim the title as the nation's most athletic high school football player. Ohio State receiver commit Julian Fleming was second at 140.04. Georgia cornerback commit Jalen Kimber was third at 140.01
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: A Nice Boom Before The 4th of July
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 05:56:21 PM »
4 star linebacker, Wesley Steiner, commits to the good guys.  5'11" 220.  He just finished one of those football camp dealios called The Opening, which the receiver, Capers, was at also.  This little tidbit from 247 gave pause for decent chub poppage.

Monday, Steiner finished the Football Rating Championship at The Opening Finals with a total score of 148.17 to claim the title as the nation's most athletic high school football player. Ohio State receiver commit Julian Fleming was second at 140.04. Georgia cornerback commit Jalen Kimber was third at 140.01
This is the first line of the al.com "article" referencing his commitment: 

"Wesley Steiner isn’t worried about Gus Malzahn’s job security."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: A Nice Boom Before The 4th of July
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 01:13:52 PM »

Auburn Undercover’s Keith Niebuhr hosted a Facebook Live on Sunday afternoon during which he offered up his opinions and analysis on the state of Auburn recruiting.

-A main focus Sunday was Auburn’s red-hot summer. As of July 7, the Tigers have seven commitments since June 1 and have risen significantly in the 247Sports recruiting team rankings. All of a sudden, a top-10 class is possible but it probably will take a strong season by Auburn on the field to achieve that. Most impressive is Auburn’s 4-star average rating per commit.

-The Tigers are doing particularly well at linebacker and receiver, but don’t sleep on their work along the offensive line. No, there aren’t any top-100 recruits, but the Tigers have big needs at tackle and have two of them committed. One of those tackles, Jonathan Buskey, is a junior college player who could be a Day-1 starter. The other, 4-star Javion Cohen, may need some seasoning, but his ceiling is high. All told, it’s a solid group of four commits with two ore three spots still left to fill.

-Who could be next to commit? Three people to watch: Offensive tackles Brenden Coffey and Jeremiah Wright, along with defensive end/tackle Andy Boyking. Coffey, the No. 2 tackle in the country, told us a couple weeks ago the Tigers led by a wide margin. Oregon, though, is very much in the mix. Wright and Boykin both have Auburn in the lead and Niebuhr thinks those leads are significant.

-What’s the latest on 4-star running back target Tank Bigsby? While not selling South Carolina short, Niebuhr thinks it’ll come down to Auburn and Georgia. Bigsby visited the Tigers four times in June. Also, though, he took a very quiet trip to see the Bulldogs. They’re climbing, no doubt about that.

-Auburn’s work at linebacker since June 14 is terrific. Niebuhr shares his thoughts in particular on the additions of top-100 recruits Trenton Simpson and Wesley Steiner to the class. Simpson has 5-star potential. Steiner might be the most athletic recruit in the country. Both are top-100 prospects.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum