Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

You Squeal Pig

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
You Squeal Pig
« on: July 01, 2019, 02:37:45 PM »
Okay, fill in the blank for "Expletive".  Shit....Fuck.....Other?

Cubs pitcher calls Yasiel Puig 'stupid as (expletive)' following benches-clearing incident
Tom Schad
1 day ago

a baseball player taking a swing at a ball© Provided by USA Today Sports Media Group LLC
Yasiel Puig found himself in the middle of a benches-clearing incident Saturday.

And the situation left an opposing player believing that Puig is "stupid as (expletive)." 

The genesis of the incident was a hit by pitch with two outs in the eighth inning of Cincinnati's 6-0 loss to the Chicago Cubs. On a 3-0 count, Cubs reliever Pedro Strop pegged Puig in the left thigh with a 94-mph fastball. The Reds outfielder then slammed his helmet on the ground, dropped his bat, gestured toward Strop, shouted something and started toward the mound. 

Both dugouts and bullpens emptied, but no punches were thrown — and there wasn't much pushing or shoving, either. Puig did have to be held back by teammates, however.

It wasn't immediately clear why Puig took offense to the incident. Presumably, he thought Strop hit him intentionally.

Strop, for his part, told reporters after the game that he believes Puig is "just stupid."

"I told him, 'Why are you talking? You have a chance to do whatever you need to do on the mound. Now you're just screaming,' " Strop said, according to ESPN. "It's not a secret he's stupid. He's stupid as (expletive). I have nothing against him, but he's stupid. There's no doubt about it."

When asked after the game if he thought Strop intentionally threw at Puig, Reds manager David Bell demurred.

"You'd have to ask them. Only they know," Bell told reporters. "But the bottom line was he did get hit, on a 3-0 pitch. And I don't like when our guys get hit."

Puig told reporters after the game that he didn't have any history with Strop. He said he was happy that no one was hurt, and that his primary focus was to simply win Sunday.

"I want to go out tomorrow, and my teammates want to go out tomorrow, and win the game, win the series," Puig said. "Because that's more important than to fight with another player from another team."

Contributing: John Fay, The Cincinnati Enquirer

Contact Tom Schad at tschad@usatoday.com or on Twitter @Tom_Schad.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Cubs pitcher calls Yasiel Puig 'stupid as (expletive)' following benches-clearing incident

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: You Squeal Pig
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 03:57:47 PM »
Okay, fill in the blank for "Expletive".  shoot....fudge.....Other?

Cubs pitcher calls Yasiel Puig 'stupid as (expletive)' following benches-clearing incident
Tom Schad
1 day ago

a baseball player taking a swing at a ball© Provided by USA Today Sports Media Group LLC
Yasiel Puig found himself in the middle of a benches-clearing incident Saturday.

And the situation left an opposing player believing that Puig is "stupid as (expletive)."

The genesis of the incident was a hit by pitch with two outs in the eighth inning of Cincinnati's 6-0 loss to the Chicago Cubs. On a 3-0 count, Cubs reliever Pedro Strop pegged Puig in the left thigh with a 94-mph fastball. The Reds outfielder then slammed his helmet on the ground, dropped his bat, gestured toward Strop, shouted something and started toward the mound.

Both dugouts and bullpens emptied, but no punches were thrown — and there wasn't much pushing or shoving, either. Puig did have to be held back by teammates, however.

It wasn't immediately clear why Puig took offense to the incident. Presumably, he thought Strop hit him intentionally.

Strop, for his part, told reporters after the game that he believes Puig is "just stupid."

"I told him, 'Why are you talking? You have a chance to do whatever you need to do on the mound. Now you're just screaming,' " Strop said, according to ESPN. "It's not a secret he's stupid. He's stupid as (expletive). I have nothing against him, but he's stupid. There's no doubt about it."

When asked after the game if he thought Strop intentionally threw at Puig, Reds manager David Bell demurred.

"You'd have to ask them. Only they know," Bell told reporters. "But the bottom line was he did get hit, on a 3-0 pitch. And I don't like when our guys get hit."

Puig told reporters after the game that he didn't have any history with Strop. He said he was happy that no one was hurt, and that his primary focus was to simply win Sunday.

"I want to go out tomorrow, and my teammates want to go out tomorrow, and win the game, win the series," Puig said. "Because that's more important than to fight with another player from another team."

Contributing: John Fay, The Cincinnati Enquirer

Contact Tom Schad at tschad@usatoday.com or on Twitter @Tom_Schad.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Cubs pitcher calls Yasiel Puig 'stupid as (expletive)' following benches-clearing incident
Stupid as Buzz?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 04:07:13 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 04:11:36 PM »
There is no secret that Puig is hot head to go along with being stupid as expletive. Matter of fact, when a chance to watch Puig at bat is at hand, I watch because you never know what you are gonna get.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 04:26:06 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 04:18:45 PM »
I hated him with the Dodgers (Him being Puig, not Buzz.  Buzz is ok).  The face that he's in division now, but for a team that sucks worse than the Cards, makes me hate him more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 04:26:20 PM »
Stupid as Buzz?
Is dumbass an expletive? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 04:44:58 PM »
Stupid as Buzz?
Unpossible.  Wait, what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.