Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Chuma OSixteenke

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Chuma OSixteenke
« on: June 20, 2019, 10:01:39 PM »
Chuma picked 16th.  But by the Magic.  Sorry, but I think I'd rather stay in college than play for that dysfunctional team. 

But at 16?  He definitely gone. 

Wish we had another year with him for sure. 

CBS Draft Tracker says it's a dud, of course.   

16. Orlando Magic: PF Chuma Okeke, Auburn

If you told me four minutes before he tore his ACL that Okeke would be drafted this high, I would have believed you. He showed a ton of catch-and-shoot ability, and he was playing very well in the NCAA Tournament. But he probably will miss all or most of his rookie season. Grade: D

« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 10:03:51 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Chuma OSixteenke
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 11:21:01 PM »
Says a ton about the kid if they're willing to spend that kind of money on a sunk rookie year.

Good for Chuma.

Good for Bruce and Co. recruiting.

Errbody win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 11:35:28 PM »
I saw that on the ticker and was very surprised. I was hoping we had one more season with him. Our offense running through him would have been awesome. 

But I guess the NBA saw what we saw this season. The guy actually seemed to be holding back a lot of the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 10:05:19 AM »
Chuma picked 16th.  But by the Magic.  Sorry, but I think I'd rather stay in college than play for that dysfunctional team. 

But at 16?  He definitely gone. 

Wish we had another year with him for sure.

CBS Draft Tracker says it's a dud, of course. 

16. Orlando Magic: PF Chuma Okeke, Auburn

If you told me four minutes before he tore his ACL that Okeke would be drafted this high, I would have believed you. He showed a ton of catch-and-shoot ability, and he was playing very well in the NCAA Tournament. But he probably will miss all or most of his rookie season. Grade: D
I get the analysis. Objectively it was probably a little high with the acl unknown. Most had him projected between 15-25 before the injury. Second round after. They probably could have gotten him later if they had wanted. Much like the giants with the duke qb.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 10:52:03 AM »
I'm sure his knee has been thoroughly evaluated by the Magic and whoever else had interest in him.  If they feel he's going to make a full recovery on a timely basis, this is a great pick up for them.  I heard it said numerous times by the analysts that this draft was about the top 3 or 4 guys, then you could pretty much throw a blanket over the rest of them.  If the way Chuma played the 2nd half of the season was any indication of what kind of pro he'll be, then he has as much or more upside than any of the "best of the rest". 

And I guess the thing that goes unnoticed, and it sure did to my untrained eye, is that he was thought of as maybe the best defender in the SEC last year.  That, as much as anything else, was why we needed him so bad against Virginia.  He could have really limited Deandre Hunter, who hurt us so bad on the inside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 11:40:20 AM »
I'm sure his knee has been thoroughly evaluated by the Magic and whoever else had interest in him.  If they feel he's going to make a full recovery on a timely basis, this is a great pick up for them.  I heard it said numerous times by the analysts that this draft was about the top 3 or 4 guys, then you could pretty much throw a blanket over the rest of them.  If the way Chuma played the 2nd half of the season was any indication of what kind of pro he'll be, then he has as much or more upside than any of the "best of the rest".

And I guess the thing that goes unnoticed, and it sure did to my untrained eye, is that he was thought of as maybe the best defender in the SEC last year.  That, as much as anything else, was why we needed him so bad against Virginia.  He could have really limited Deandre Hunter, who hurt us so bad on the inside.
Speaking of...the kid ain't very bright.  He wore a Lakers cap on stage even though he will be playing for the ATL, ho!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 11:49:02 AM »
Speaking of...the kid ain't very bright.  He wore a Lakers cap on stage even though he will be playing for the ATL, ho!
The NBA Draft and salary cap are incredibly confusing. It's like points in NASCAR. In the end, I just want to watch some hundred-thousandaires and millionaires run up and down the court shooting hoop. I'd prefer the ones in orange and blue in NYC do well at it but I'm not delusional enough to think that's ever going to happen.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 11:52:57 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 02:30:01 PM »
We got back in about an hour after the draft started so when I turned it on, they were in the teens. I got bored with it real quick when it seemed like 4 out of the 5 next picks would be like:

Adam Silver:  "In a trade with the L.A. Clippers, the Denver Nuggets select La'Bisquickious Jenkins"

Commentators:  "He'll fit perfectly in the Knicks system." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 04:46:09 PM »
We got back in about an hour after the draft started so when I turned it on, they were in the teens. I got bored with it real quick when it seemed like 4 out of the 5 next picks would be like:

Adam Silver:  "In a trade with the L.A. Clippers, the Denver Nuggets select La'Bisquickious Jenkins"

Commentators:  "He'll fit perfectly in the Knicks system."
I only watched it for the outfits.

I mean, you know this guy is going to be good because he came straight from karate class. 

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 04:48:06 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2019, 10:46:51 PM »
I only watched it for the outfits.

I mean, you know this guy is going to be good because he came straight from karate class.

Thar dude on the left does look like the original Kung Fu!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 11:01:50 AM »
Harper and Brown were signed to Summer League Contracts.

Harper to the Phoneix Suns

Brown to the Sacramento Kings

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-basketballs-Bryce-Brown-Jared-Harper-sign-deals-with-NBA-teams-133075565/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 12:15:22 PM »
Outgoing senior forward Horace Spencer agreed to a contract with Atenas, a basketball club in Argentina, on Monday. Atenas has won nine championships in the league, which is considered the top league in the country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 03:52:17 PM »
Outgoing senior forward Horace Spencer agreed to a contract with Atenas, a basketball club in Argentina, on Monday. Atenas has won nine championships in the league, which is considered the top league in the country.
Isn't that a little like saying you're the three-time reigning Miss Gordo Alabama though?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 02:04:16 PM »
Isn't that a little like saying you're the three-time reigning Miss Gordo Alabama though? 
Leave her the hayull alone paypul!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.