Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Phil Steele Giving Some Love

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Phil Steele Giving Some Love
« on: June 15, 2019, 09:11:41 AM »
I think the guy's a douche, but it's nice to see some pre-season hype.

Phil's pre-season All-Americans:
Derrick Brown
Nick Coe
Prince Tega

Phil's pre-season All-SEC:
Javarius Davis
Daniel Thomas
Marlon Davidson
Marquel Harrell
Prince Tega
Nick Coe
Arryn Siposs
Derrick Brown
Noah Ig...uh...Iggy.

I think it's unlikely that we get 3 DBs and 3 DLs on the final list (much less TWO OL), but it's a nod to the talent we're putting out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Phil Steele Giving Some Love
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 10:28:33 AM »
According to another article, this is Gus's most talented team. Can talent alone win championships? Fuck no. I'm hoping Gus's assistants can coach up the talent enough to win championships. We all know Gus is infamous for squandering talent.

A year ago there was another article stating this 2018 team is the most talented, and yet, coached right out of the playoffs.

Gus Malzahn coached the most talented team in Auburn history right out of the College Football Playoff. How did the school repay him for this service? They handed him the richest deal in school history — worth $49 million for the next seven seasons.

For those taking issue with that characterization of the 2017 Auburn team, Pat Dye would like to have a word with you.

Malzahn’s season played out much like a child enduring his first trip to Six Flags. He made it through the ups and downs of the rides only to be rewarded with some cotton candy that he proceeded to vomit back up on the walk to the car.

Despite the record-setting figures being thrown at Malzahn by Auburn, I submit he’s sitting on the hottest seat in the SEC this offseason. That seat is only going to get hotter if the Tigers don’t open with a sense of urgency in the Sept. 1 season opener and beat what will likely be a preseason top 10-15 opponent in Washington.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/hottest-seat-sec-belongs-auburns-49-million-dollar-man-gus-malzahn

Now in 2019, there is this:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-football-2019-Gus-Malzahn-ESPN-132820507/

and this:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/gus-malzahn-tom-luginbill-auburn-more-talent-than-2013/

I still believe heart and talent will win it all for us this year. The only doubt I do have is play-calling on the offensive side of the ball with those fucking whirly bird calls that end with three and outs.

Is Gus Malzahn bi-polar?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 10:40:34 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 10:02:51 AM »
RIP the true twirlybird
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 10:24:37 AM »
RIP the true twirlybird
Why are giving up all hope?  Gus is back, baby.  You think he's not drawing up a couple of twirlybirds right now over a croissant and coffee as we speak?  Have some faith.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 10:44:13 AM »
New coach speak?

"Gus Malzahn says 'ball is rolling in the right direction' regarding Auburn football...........................................facility upgrades."

Is there a subliminal message here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 10:47:27 AM »
New coach speak?

"Gus Malzahn says 'ball is rolling in the right direction' regarding Auburn football...........................................facility upgrades."

Is there a subliminal message here?
We gonna fumble a lot
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.