Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here comes the boom?

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Here comes the boom?
« on: June 13, 2019, 11:12:22 AM »
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26960321/6-schools-notified-serious-ncaa-violations

A high-ranking NCAA official told CBS Sports on Wednesday that at least six Division I men's basketball programs will receive notices of allegations for Level I violations, the most serious infractions under NCAA rules, as a result of the federal government's investigation into corruption in the sport.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:14:02 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Here comes the boom?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 11:39:55 AM »
We already know...or assume to know Arizona and LSU will be 2 of them.  Could also be Auburn and Alabama?  Louisville already had their colonoscopy, no?
I haven't been following the whole situation well enough to know others, but I heard Kansas' name mentioned along the way.  Who else could it be?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 11:42:34 AM »
Here's to hoping one of those letters never reaches the Planes.  On the same, or maybe a different note....my feeble legal mind still doesn't grasp why Person's actions are considered a crime.  I'm not trying to downplay anything because he was an Auburn coach. Correct me if I'm wrong (It happened one time before) but I believe he was arrested for essentially taking a bribe to not only pocket some $$$, but funnel it to the families of potential NBA players so they would steer that player to a particular agent.

I get the NCAA violation part, even though that in and of itself seems to be a stretch.  The purpose of his actions was not to give Auburn a competitive advantage in any way.  This was about what the players will do after their college careers.  He's charged, and I believe has already plead guilty to conspiracy.  Where is the crime?  What did he do that either helped Auburn or hurt anyone else?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 11:45:27 AM »
We already know...or assume to know Arizona and LSU will be 2 of them.  Could also be Auburn and Alabama?  Louisville already had their colonoscopy, no?
I haven't been following the whole situation well enough to know others, but I heard Kansas' name mentioned along the way.  Who else could it be?
Savannah College of Art and Design.  Bastards have been getting away with murder forever.  About time they got exposed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 12:00:09 PM »
Southern Cal
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »
Savannah College of Art and Design.  Bastards have been getting away with murder forever.  About time they got exposed.
Fuckin SCADs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 12:10:20 PM »
Here's to hoping one of those letters never reaches the Planes.  On the same, or maybe a different note....my feeble legal mind still doesn't grasp why Person's actions are considered a crime.  I'm not trying to downplay anything because he was an Auburn coach. Correct me if I'm wrong (It happened one time before) but I believe he was arrested for essentially taking a bribe to not only pocket some $$$, but funnel it to the families of potential NBA players so they would steer that player to a particular agent.

I get the NCAA violation part, even though that in and of itself seems to be a stretch.  The purpose of his actions was not to give Auburn a competitive advantage in any way.  This was about what the players will do after their college careers.  He's charged, and I believe has already plead guilty to conspiracy.  Where is the crime?  What did he do that either helped Auburn or hurt anyone else? 
Because he used his "influence over student-athletes" to steer them in a particular way.  Basically, he was taking a bribe from an agent to steer that kid towards that agent.  That's a crime because he isn't being legit.  It would be the same if a financial advisor took money from a fund to steer a client to that fund.  If you are acting in that capacity you have to do what is best for the client.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 12:14:39 PM »
Same thing as a lawyer if an insurance company gave you a bribe to throw a case, you first have a responsibility to your client.

Chuck was in what is considered to be an "influencer" position, he has to do what's best for his client, in this case, the student athlete.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 12:24:06 PM »
Same thing as a lawyer if an insurance company gave you a bribe to throw a case, you first have a responsibility to your client.

BTW Snags even though I know you do this all the time...It's still illegal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 12:31:26 PM »
It’s also because no one paid taxes on this money flying around and such. When the gov’t can’t get their cut, they bring down the pain. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 12:49:31 PM »
Here's to hoping one of those letters never reaches the Planes.  On the same, or maybe a different note....my feeble legal mind still doesn't grasp why Person's actions are considered a crime.  I'm not trying to downplay anything because he was an Auburn coach. Correct me if I'm wrong (It happened one time before) but I believe he was arrested for essentially taking a bribe to not only pocket some $$$, but funnel it to the families of potential NBA players so they would steer that player to a particular agent.

and you're a lawyer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 01:00:07 PM »
and you're a lawyer?
I thought he was Pre-Med. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 01:16:50 PM »
Fuckin SCADs
Please please please be true and it be the Atlanta campus.  You do not know how much I would laugh!

The sperm donor is AD there.

https://atlanta.scadathletics.com/staff.aspx?staff=4

Now you know how much I would laugh...Too bad they don't have basketball.  Maybe we can get them on fencing or bowling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2019, 01:53:09 PM »
It’s also because no one paid taxes on this money flying around and such. When the gov’t can’t get their cut, they bring down the pain.
Presumabyl whomever earned the money first paid taxes on it, right?
How many time are we gonna tax the same dollar? Asking for a friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2019, 02:09:52 PM »
Presumabyl whomever earned the money first paid taxes on it, right?
How many time are we gonna tax the same dollar? Asking for a friend.
As many times as they can. 
That is how the FBI got involved in the first place. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 02:38:30 PM »
and you're a lawyer?
No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 03:07:08 PM »
No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
So you are a cheap bastage?
I can respect that!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 03:10:45 PM »
and you're a lawyer?

I choose Business Ethics
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 03:47:06 PM »

I choose Business Ethics
Knibb High football rules!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 06:17:01 PM »
Please please please be true and it be the Atlanta campus.  You do not know how much I would laugh!

The sperm donor is AD there.

https://atlanta.scadathletics.com/staff.aspx?staff=4

Now you know how much I would laugh...Too bad they don't have basketball.  Maybe we can get them on fencing or bowling.
I thought B was joking.  Had no fucking idea the art kids had athletics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.