« on: June 07, 2019, 10:01:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Interesting thought
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 04:41:13 PM »
I can see this being true. I can, however, see us winning it all this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 09:39:43 AM »
I definitely don't think the guy is wrong.  Most of the big money guys were already pissed that the used car salesman now in Gainesville twisted their arms to give so much after a still mediocre 2017 season.  As much as they want the guy gone now, they do not want to have to pony up for the ridiculous buyout.  How do you get around spending that much?  You either wait it out or you make life miserable for the coach and hope he bails on his own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 10:08:45 AM »
Meh. The facilities are pretty damn good. The basics of football have not changed. A new building will not change that. its nice, but its not a magic bullet.
Right now its just a symptom of a bigger issue. And that issue is one of Gus not being quite enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 10:50:35 AM »
Meh. The facilities are pretty damn good. The basics of football have not changed. A new building will not change that. its nice, but its not a magic bullet.
Right now its just a symptom of a bigger issue. And that issue is one of Gus not being quite enough.
Agree with CCTAU.  The guy isn't wrong in that facilities are important, but that isn't why we are losing.  Auburn is it's own worst enemy we all know that.  All this video is doing is stating the problem with the Auburn powerbrokers.  The two should not co-exist, the facilities should be being built because they need to be built.  However, I also get that they don't want to pony up two checks for a facility and a buyout, BUT....... weshouldn't be talking about a big money buyout because it never should have happened to begin with. 

Bottom line Gus is Gus's problem, he wasn't the fit we needed when they fired Chizik and he isn't the fit now.  As Kaos has stated numerous times he is still learning on the job, but yet he doesn't seem to learn from his own mistakes.  It was too big a job to quick for him.  But we panicked just like Auburn always does.  We went after the Auburn connection just like bama used to do.  Just like we panicked when we gave him the buyout.

Certainly, facilities help you in recruiting, but our recruiting has been there.  The question to me has always been threefold (in no particular order).
1. His judgment of talent
2. Talent development
3. Ability to adapt to talent he has

Now, number 3 really shouldn't be there because he should be going after the talent that fits his system, but that seems to be the case.

TLDR;
No facilities aren't our problem, the ones that make the decisions at Auburn are and will continue to be our problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 10:59:05 AM »
While he did say Auburn is behind the rest of the SEC West in facilities, the real reason he says is synergy...and I believe he is spot on there.  The synergy of having everybody on the same page would go a long way even without a new football only complex or a new indoor practice field or gold plated toilets for the AD staff.  How long has it been since we have been able to say the Auburn AD was a well oiled machine with a common goal in mind?  Since the early Pat Dye days?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 11:08:10 AM »
While he did say Auburn is behind the rest of the SEC West in facilities, the real reason he says is synergy...and I believe he is spot on there.  The synergy of having everybody on the same page would go a long way even without a new football only complex or a new indoor practice field or gold plated toilets for the AD staff.  How long has it been since we have been able to say the Auburn AD was a well oiled machine with a common goal in mind?  Since the early Pat Dye days?
But that doesn't change with Gus.  He has already divided the fan base.  Short of hoisting an NC I'm not sure he changes that.  Same thing happened with Tuberville.

I said it last year, the buyout was big but I thought we should have cut bait then.   The powerbrokers that agree to the buyout though couldn't pull that trigger without a shit ton of egg on their faces.  I think as always it will prove to be a mistake.   I think the monetary damage this will bring in will be bigger long term. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 02:10:34 PM »
A juice bar and an indoor water slide are not valid reasons Auburn football fails to compete for championships on a consistent basis.

/rant
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:38:16 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 02:35:16 PM »
A juice bar and an indoor water slide are not valid reasons Auburn football fails to compete winning championships on a consistent basis.

/rant
What he said.  We suffer for facilities behind nobody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 04:10:53 PM »
A juice bar and an indoor water slide are not valid reasons Auburn football fails to compete for championships on a consistent basis.

/rant
Never underestimate the power of juicing

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 12:31:23 AM »
Never underestimate the power of juicing

Gotta be able to juice and not be seen juicing!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.