Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Left in the dust"

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
"Left in the dust"
« on: June 06, 2019, 07:37:29 AM »
Noted Bammer honker and SEC talking penal head, Pawwwwwl Finerbum did his part in soothing the burnt feelings of the Bammer nation. In the continual wake of the total ass frying they received at the hands of Bro. Dabo and the Clemson Tiggers, Pawwl took time to remind the mighty Tahd that they had no more rivals on the schedule and had left the rest of the SEC in the dust except for Kirby's Dawgs, of course.

Obviously, Auburn and Tennessee are Alabama’s traditional rivals.
When it comes to Auburn, the Tide has won four of the last five meetings and eight of the past 11. Add to that, the loss to Auburn in 2017 didn’t hinder the Tide’s chances of advancing to the College Football Playoff.
Tennessee, meanwhile, has lost to Nick Saban’s club for the past 12 years.
While there is plenty of back and forth from the fan bases - and arguments can be made for both to be rivals - Paul Finebaum was asked who Alabama’s rival is today?
“The two biggest games on Alabama’s schedule this year aren’t on the schedule,” said Finebaum, who joined me and Lee Shirvanian on “The Opening Kickoff” on WNSP-FM 105.5 on Tuesday. "The two biggest games are Georgia in the SEC Championship Game and Clemson in the national championship game. I never really thought about it that way, but those are the games Alabama fans want."
The traditional rivalry games, Finebaum said, just doesn’t meet the standard these days.
“In June, we’re talking about the Iron Bowl?” Finebaum said. “I don’t really hear anybody talking about that. The LSU game has been promoted as the biggest game on Alabama’s schedule since 2011. That game doesn’t measure up. We hype that game every year. We get a pretty similar result.”
The wait for Tide fans, he said, will extend into December.
So who is Alabama's rival?
“It’s probably Georgia in the SEC because there is so much conversation about (Georgia coach Kirby) Smart and the fact that he coached so long and successfully under Nick Saban,” Finebaum explained. "And the fact that those two games have been two of the most epic Alabama football games.
“That’s as good an answer I can come up with. Alabama’s left everyone else in the dust.”

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/06/paul-finebaum-on-tides-biggest-sec-rival-alabamas-left-everyone-else-in-the-dust.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: "Left in the dust"
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 10:29:37 AM »
Noted Bammer honker and SEC talking penal head, Pawwwwwl Finerbum did his part in soothing the burnt feelings of the Bammer nation. In the continual wake of the total ass frying they received at the hands of Bro. Dabo and the Clemson Tiggers, Pawwl took time to remind the mighty Tahd that they had no more rivals on the schedule and had left the rest of the SEC in the dust except for Kirby's Dawgs, of course.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/06/paul-finebaum-on-tides-biggest-sec-rival-alabamas-left-everyone-else-in-the-dust.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 10:49:34 AM »
A couple of things here.  First, he's spot on.  The numbers don't lie.  Auburn has been the absolute model of inconsistency.  But even with that, is anyone else 8-3 against the Tahd in the last 11?  12 straight losses for the Vols.  Not one win by LSU since THE GAME OF THE CENTURY in 2011.  Ole Miss got a couple and were immediately punished for their transgressions.  Texas A&M stole one behind Johnny Foosballz.  MSU?  Arkansas?  Puhleeeze!  The truth is that there are no more real contests for them from anyone consistently on their schedule.  That's reality.

But second, the way they've risen to power has made me cynical about the entire thing.  Same with what FUGA is doing now.  Look, nothing anyone could ever say would convince me that everyone out there doesn't cheat.  Maybe the service academies.  But otherwise, if they continue to keep score and hundreds of millions of duckies are involved, every team out there will do whatever they can get away with to get an edge.  I've used this stolen analogy before. Everyone knows the cops will give you 10 m.p.h. over the speed limit.  Even the cops will tell you that.  Ole Miss started driving 65 in a 35 and Saba.....I mean the cops had to pull them over.  But Bama is driving a Ferrari on the Autobahn and there ain't no speed limit or cops to keep them in check. They are untouchable and do whatever they want, while the rest of the league is playing under a different set of rules. 

The unfortunate thing is that since they are in fact, untouchable, right now you just have to take the Bobby Knight approach.  If rape is inevitable....     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 02:17:35 PM »
You said rape twice
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 03:46:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 03:30:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 02:13:26 PM »
Y'all know how I know y'all some old people? Not a single person quoted Post Malone back to me in this thread. Buncha fogies eating jello, farting dust up in here.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 02:14:57 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 04:07:30 PM »
Y'all know how I know y'all some old people? Not a single person quoted Post Malone back to me in this thread. Buncha fogies eating jello, farting dust up in here.

Never was a fan of the mailman
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 07:30:28 AM »
Damn. Your ass real old. :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 09:46:42 AM »
Preferred him to Lamebeer.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.