Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Disrespect...fuels?

jmar

Re: Disrespect...fuels?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 04:40:10 PM »
Jared just announced his departure for the NBA.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 04:41:31 PM »
No worries.  J'Von got this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 04:52:37 PM »
No worries.  J'Von got this.
Oh yeah we have McCormick...pardon my overly exuberant reaction to our maestro's decision to turn professional. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 05:06:32 PM »
Oh yeah we have McCormick...pardon my overly exuberant reaction to our maestro's decision to turn professional.
Obviously, losing a point guard with that much experience will be a set back.  But in my opinion, Harper could go on a streak of WTF moments, both taking ill-advised, long range 3's, and turning the ball over.  He could also get on fire blowing by defenders and taking it to the rack.  Despite his miss at the FT line at the end of the UVA game, we probably wouldn't have been in the position we were without his clutchability (Take that Clark Kellogg) from the line at the end of games.  Dude was money.

However, McCormick really showed me something during the tourneys.  He was a much better defender than Harper and he was also fearless taking it to the hole.  The great thing about it was he did it against the best out there and didn't seem to blink an eye.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 06:36:25 PM »
Obviously, losing a point guard with that much experience will be a set back.  But in my opinion, Harper could go on a streak of WTF moments, both taking ill-advised, long range 3's, and turning the ball over.  He could also get on fire blowing by defenders and taking it to the rack.  Despite his miss at the FT line at the end of the UVA game, we probably wouldn't have been in the position we were without his clutchability (Take that Clark Kellogg) from the line at the end of games.  Dude was money.

However, McCormick really showed me something during the tourneys.  He was a much better defender than Harper and he was also fearless taking it to the hole.  The great thing about it was he did it against the best out there and didn't seem to blink an eye. 
Well said Snags. McCormick is a helluva player and you're right,  he seemed unphased by the moment or the competition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2019, 08:13:56 PM »
Honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't.  As Wes said, it may depend on the length of rehab.  But, I wouldn't test it again unless I was getting $$$.  Blow it out again in college and there's zero chance of an NBA career.
He can get a kazillion dollar insurance policy and it's not against the rules. 

I'd have to think that the injury dropped him from late first/early second into that gray "maybe third or fourth" territory.  

I'm not him, but if I was I'd get the kaboullion dollar insurance policy and try to play my way into a first round pick.  The only negative is if you suck but are healthy and I don't see that happening.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 08:47:59 PM »

I'd have to think that the injury dropped him from late first/early second into that gray "maybe third or fourth" territory. 

I'm not him, but if I was I'd get the kaboullion dollar insurance policy and try to play my way into a first round pick.  The only negative is if you suck but are healthy and I don't see that happening. 
Great point. And given the talent that is moving on this year a fully recovered, more refined Okeke could set himself up among the elite in the following draft.

Interesting tidbit...
Don't know how things work anymore but was watching YouTube videos and didn't recall that Larry Bird was drafted by the Celtics as a junior even though he chose to remain at Indiana St. for his senior year.
Auerbach was roasted for wasting a pick that season but he did it anyway as Boston was terrible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2019, 12:50:07 AM »
Spot on about Jared. If I were him, I’d stay and work on even longer and more consistent threes. Add a consistent three to his game and the NBA will work with his height.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2019, 08:50:57 AM »

Keep in mind too, there are only 2 rounds now....60 picks total....Ive seen Harper rated anywhere from 58th-75th. Thats bottom of 2nd round AT BEST. And ive actually seen only 1 mock with Harper in it. The other major ones dont have him being drafted.

Before the injury, Okeke was in the 15-25 range. Now I see him on most mock drafts 37th at best, others have him 45-50. I think they want to know his knee will be ok so that plays into it being in his best interest to prove his leg is ok and playing his way back into a high lottery pick. If he has a full season and plays like he did the 2nd half of this past season, he would be a top 10 pick. Thats a big money difference. Maybe that will entice him, maybe it wont. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE