Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Disrespect...fuels?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Disrespect...fuels?
« on: April 08, 2019, 11:59:21 PM »
I'm a little tired of the disrespect being shown Bruce Pearl and the entire AU team. 

That mediocre coach at Tennessee was named Naismith coach of the year.  Pearl was not even a semi-finalist. 

Texas Tech's Beard was the AP Coach of the Year.  

Kermit "First Round Whipped Ass" Davis was SEC Coach of the Year.  

Not a single first team All SEC selection for AU.  Not one. 

Not a single All American mention.  Not first team, not second team, not third team, not Honorable Mention.  Players from Tennessee, Kentucky, Kansas and LSU on there, but none of our guys.  Not even one of the most prolific three-point shooters in the history of the game.  

It's a little bit insulting.  

I hope that disrespect fuels another season of chemistry and intensity.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Disrespect...fuels?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 09:30:00 AM »
Another slap. 

First pre-season top 25 poll is out.  Kentucky, Kansas and UT in Top Ten.  AU 24th.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 10:13:09 AM »
Just before the SEC tourney, we were what...22-9?  But you're telling me a run that included bitch slapping top 10 Tennessee, winning the SEC tournament, beating a 30-4 opening round opponent, then working over Kansas, North Carolina and Kentucky, not to mention getting screwed in the Final 4 while short-handed doesn't garner Pearl some major accolades? 

Horse hockey!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 02:06:08 PM »
Another slap.

First pre-season top 25 poll is out.  Kentucky, Kansas and UT in Top Ten.  AU 24th. 
I get that the true bluebloods reload with the best talent. But the majority of the others ranked in these ridiculous polls above Auburn including Tennessee and Virginia are losing their key components and in most cases as much as two thirds of their offensive production.

UT: Bone, Schofield and Williams.
UVA: Jerome, Guy and Hunter.

Nobody in their right mind could honestly say with a straight face that either of these teams could withstand those loses without a drop off the following season.
Us...we lose a great scorer in Brown but we most certainly return Wiley, who needs more seasoning and Okeke, who probably will need extra recovery time. Plus we have a proven bench to which I credit to very good coaching.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 02:10:58 PM »
I get that the true bluebloods reload with the best talent. But the majority of the others ranked in these ridiculous polls above Auburn including Tennessee and Virginia are losing their key components and in most cases as much as two thirds of their offensive production.

UT: Bone, Schofield and Williams.
UVA: Jerome, Guy and Hunter.

Nobody in their right mind could honestly say with a straight face that either of these teams could withstand those loses without a drop off the following season.
Us...we lose a great scorer in Brown but we most certainly return Wiley, who needs more seasoning and Okeke, who probably will need extra recovery time. Plus we have a proven bench to which I credit to very good coaching.
The difference in basketball is other than some win points for bubble teams the rankings take care of themselves.  All we have to do is lace it up and whip that ass. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 02:32:39 PM »
I have to think Okeke is gone.  While it wasn't over an extended period of time, he put together a nice run that had him showing out in all phases of the game, including defense.  He suffered a significant injury on nothing more than a drive to the basket. I can't see him risking that again for another year in college.  I'd love to have him back but I'd be as surprised as anyone if he didn't declare.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »
I have to think Okeke is gone.  While it wasn't over an extended period of time, he put together a nice run that had him showing out in all phases of the game, including defense.  He suffered a significant injury on nothing more than a drive to the basket. I can't see him risking that again for another year in college.  I'd love to have him back but I'd be as surprised as anyone if he didn't declare.
I think the more pressing question is the length of his rehab.  He might be forced to decide between sitting out a year or return to AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »
So you don't think he needs a season to show that he can recover the athleticism and at least match what he accomplished by and large for the last half of 2019?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 02:44:56 PM »
I think the more pressing question is the length of his rehab.  He might be forced to decide between sitting out a year or return to AU.
Troof
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 02:50:00 PM »
So you don't think he needs a season to show that he can recover the athleticism and at least match what he accomplished by and large for the last half of 2019?
Honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't.  As Wes said, it may depend on the length of rehab.  But, I wouldn't test it again unless I was getting $$$.  Blow it out again in college and there's zero chance of an NBA career.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 02:52:06 PM »
Harper will be testing the waters as well, and I would assume Wiley too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 03:02:55 PM »
Honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't.  As Wes said, it may depend on the length of rehab.  But, I wouldn't test it again unless I was getting $$$.  Blow it out again in college and there's zero chance of an NBA career.
Agree but reprove it and he's likely to be a much higher first round pick.
And honestly I don't follow the NBA or know the difference in money between high first round to possibly third.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 03:10:12 PM »
Wiley testing the waters.

Image result for water wipe out gifs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 03:18:25 PM »
Wiley testing the waters.

Image result for water wipe out gifs
A rotund, arthritic Barkley could help this kid progress. Obviously superior genes wasn't enough. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 03:34:40 PM »
Harper could make it on speed and gutsy penetration in the paint. He's a bitch to cover and facilitates mostly in transition although the vast majority of his threes (NBA depth) come from the top of the key. A shorter defender is viewed as a liability of sorts but I would think he might be seen as a real asset in a reserve role.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 03:48:01 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 04:00:35 PM »
Harper could make it on speed and gutsy penetration in the paint. He's a bitch to cover and facilitates mostly in transition although the vast majority of his threes (NBA depth) come from the top of the key. A shorter defender is viewed as a liability of sorts but I would think he might be seen as a real asset in a reserve role.
You know who else is a real asset Snaggle,  that is if you remove the et.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 04:21:17 PM »
Don't be so hard on yourself. Things will start coming together for you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 04:24:45 PM »
Image result for Iwill cut you memes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 04:27:52 PM »
Image result for Iwill cut you memes
Those eyes tell it all. He's a cold blooded Eagle Scout. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 04:32:57 PM »
Jared just announced his departure for the NBA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.