Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How Bright Is The Future?

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: How Bright Is The Future?
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 02:19:03 PM »
How'd she become queen anyway?  I didn't vote for her.
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering silmite
held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine
providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your
king!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2019, 02:34:43 PM »
king!
That clears everything up for me.
War Damn Arthur!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 02:40:16 PM »
king!
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 02:51:55 PM »
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony
There goes that goddamned Buzz again, always showing off. 
You need to stop!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 03:03:30 PM »
There goes that goddamned Buzz again, always showing off.
You need to stop!
Help!  Help!  I'm being repressed!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 03:09:46 PM »
Now, now it's only an inquisition. 
You need only speak the truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »

Now we see the violence inherent in the system!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 08:39:08 PM »

Now we see the violence inherent in the system!!!
I don’t think some watery tart throwing out swords is any basis of government 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2019, 09:37:55 PM »
This year, we lose Horace Spencer, Bryce Brown and Malik Dunbar to graduation.  Oh yeah, and Cole Blackstock.  I fully expect Jared Harper and Chuma Let's Have a Kiki to test the waters.  The great, or maybe the sensible thing about the NCAA in round hoops is they can do just that.  Test the waters and see what their value is, then come back if it doesn't look like a big payday is in the near future.

Harper has the talent, no doubt.  Obviously, it's size that matters.  Certainly, a 6 footer can make it in the NBA but there's only a handful that stick around and have any real impact.  Okeke may be a different story.  He has the size, skillz and has definitely shown he can knock it down from long range.  The very selfish part of me hopes he's told he's not ready.  Needs more work on his game.  I have a feeling that won't be the case.

However, what if everyone returns?  This will be a junior/senior dominated team with all the experience you could ever want.  And after this Friday and consecutive dates with blue-bloods, Kansas and UNC, that experience level will only skyrocket.  Who knows after Friday? Losing Bryce will hurt.  He's that pure shooter that can almost take over a game and forces defenses to respect the perimeter.  I think he'll have a place in the NBA, possibly in that 6th man role.

We have 5 recruits signed, 3 of which are 4-star guys.  #17 ranked class in the nation.  Pretty solid.  Some size ranging from 6'5" to 6'8", but isn't that Pearl's M.O.?  Allen Flanigan may be the steal of the class.  If most of these guys return and they're able to work all these freshmen into the mix, this bunch looks to be on solid ground for quite a while.

We return McLemore, Spencer and Purifoy. Truly think Wiley isn't ready and Okeke hangs with the program while mending. 
We likely return Doughty, Dunbar and McCormick in the backcourt.

That's quite a nucleus of returning veterans even if Harper moves on.
And if for some reason Jared chooses to stay, he can often slide over to the 2 guard as he did in the tournament while J'Von took the point.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2019, 08:52:33 AM »
We return McLemore, Spencer and Purifoy. Truly think Wiley isn't ready and Okeke hangs with the program while mending.
We likely return Doughty, Dunbar and McCormick in the backcourt.

That's quite a nucleus of returning veterans even if Harper moves on.
And if for some reason Jared chooses to stay, he can often slide over to the 2 guard as he did in the tournament while J'Von took the point.
we lose spencer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2019, 09:30:13 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2019, 09:30:59 AM »
we lose spencer
And Dunbar.

Jmar...you replied directly to a post with all the seniors.

I think Okeke stays because he got hurt. Hopefully he will be healthy for a late season run next year.

Harper leaving hurts, but mcCormick played really well down the stretch. As did Samir.

It will be tough. Final Fours are hard to get to. As we have seen the last two years, it is about playing well at the right time. The middle of the year this year, people were down on the team. And then everything clicked and they truly looked unbeatable. SHould have won a natty. Last year, they looked unbeatable early but faded late and made an early exit out of SEC and big show. Team chemistry has as much to do with how far you go as talent does, and Pearl understands that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 10:48:03 AM »
And Dunbar.

I think Okeke stays because he got hurt. Hopefully he will be healthy for a late season run next year.

Harper leaving hurts, but mcCormick played really well down the stretch. As did Samir.

It will be tough. Final Fours are hard to get to. As we have seen the last two years, it is about playing well at the right time. The middle of the year this year, people were down on the team. And then everything clicked and they truly looked unbeatable. SHould have won a natty. Last year, they looked unbeatable early but faded late and made an early exit out of SEC and big show. Team chemistry has as much to do with how far you go as talent does, and Pearl understands that.
Hammer, meet nail.  If the tourney were played in the middle of the season, Tennessee might have run away with it.  Have no clue what clicked for Auburn late in the year.  Maybe they all said, "Fuck it, let's just ball and see what happens." and that's all it took. (And believe me, I know about balling) 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2019, 11:08:40 AM »
And Dunbar.

We also were deep.  That's what hurt us last year, we were just plum tired.  This year our bench scored way more than most opposing teams benches.  
Will we make it to Final Four next year, probably not, but Pearl has this team headed in the right direction.  To think where we were 4 years ago.  

I think we lose Okeke but Wiley and Purifoy stay.  I think you will see the Purifoy of old return next year and we have some new studs coming in as well.

4 star ranked #37 player in US,  Isaac Okoro is a man-beast.  4* Tyrell Jones, 4* Jaylin Williams and 3* Babatunde Akingbola

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2019, 11:11:01 AM »
We also were deep.  That's what hurt us last year, we were just plum tired.  This year our bench scored way more than most opposing teams benches. 
Will we make it to Final Four next year, probably not, but Pearl has this team headed in the right direction.  To think where we were 4 years ago. 

I think we lose Okeke but Wiley and Purifoy stay.  I think you will see the Purifoy of old return next year and we have some new studs coming in as well.

4 star ranked #37 player in US,  Isaac Okoro is a man-beast.  4* Tyrell Jones, 4* Jaylin Williams and 3* Babatunde Akingbola
I also believe that getting to the Final Four this year will also help us tremendously with recruiting and get to the point where we are reloading not recruiting.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2019, 11:21:51 AM »
Image result for The future's so bright I gotta wear shades memes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2019, 01:40:12 PM »
Yeah I missed Dunbar. He might have been our steadiest overall from the bench with his versatility.

Hope GF is right about Purifoy. When he started at Auburn he was one of the few bright spots we had to look forward to. Maybe sitting out so long, coming back heavy, alternating at power forward and playing second fiddle to Chuma dulled his spirits. We had shot makers and he would have to be refitted if he stuck around. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2019, 02:32:05 PM »
Yeah I missed Dunbar. He might have been our steadiest overall from the bench with his versatility.

Hope GF is right about Purifoy. When he started at Auburn he was one of the few bright spots we had to look forward to. Maybe sitting out so long, coming back heavy, alternating at power forward and playing second fiddle to Chuma dulled his spirits. We had shot makers and he would have to be refitted if he stuck around.
I'll say this about Purifoy in the UVA game. (i have been one of his biggest critics) Had they let him go one on one with his man and take it to the basket each time, he would have had a great game. He is pretty agile for a big man. But he struggled to find a team role this season. 1-on-1, he is still talented. Hopefully he will get that confidence back next season and drive to the basket more. Once Chuma started driving hard, his game blew up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.