Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New Rules for MLB

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
New Rules for MLB
« on: March 14, 2019, 10:06:30 AM »
One that intrigues me. 

Pitchers must face at least three batters.  

I see some major problems with this.  Pitcher comes in to close in the ninth with a two-run lead. Gives up back to back doubles.  You can't take him out?  

Late in the game you're facing a team with one really strong left hander followed by two righties.  You can't send a guy in just to handle the left-handed guy and then turn it over to your closer who typically doesn't handle left handers well? 

Don't think I like it.  

The rest are trifling.  
-- Multiple trade deadlines gone.  That's a good thing. 
-- Reduce the number of mound visits by one.  Also good. 
-- All Star election day that allows fans to determine starters.  This sucks completely.  I don't like the fan voting anyway.  All Star position should be determined by achievement not fan popularity.  
-- Home run derby payout is now a million
-- Shorten commercial breaks by 20 seconds.  Who cares?
-- Position players can't pitch unless it's extra innings or you're up by eight runs.  Well... ok? 
-- Roster limited to 28 in September.  Sure. Whatev. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: New Rules for MLB
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 10:24:05 AM »
I'm guessing not a single manager wanted the pitcher facing a minimum of 3 batters rule.  Fuck that noise.
This will make for a lot more 11-8 type games and a lot less 1-0 games.  Trying to get the millennials interested in the game, I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 11:17:56 AM »
Love the rule.  As big a fan of baseball as I am, that's one of my pet peeves.  Pitcher in trouble, loooong stroll to the mound, talk about it, ump comes out...whatcha' gonna' do?  Okay, let's call to the bullpen.  Pitcher runs in 300 yards from center field.  Takes his warm up tosses.  Faces one batter.  Loooong stroll to the mound.  Taps the left arm for a pitcher in the bullpen.  300 yard walk from center field.  Warm up tosses.

Frick!!!!  Waaayy too specialized.  Makes every baseball game the last 30 seconds of an NBA game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 01:51:04 PM »
Love the rule.  As big a fan of baseball as I am, that's one of my pet peeves.  Pitcher in trouble, loooong stroll to the mound, talk about it, ump comes out...whatcha' gonna' do?  Okay, let's call to the bullpen.  Pitcher runs in 300 yards from center field.  Takes his warm up tosses.  Faces one batter.  Loooong stroll to the mound.  Taps the left arm for a pitcher in the bullpen.  300 yard walk from center field.  Warm up tosses.

Frick!!!!  Waaayy too specialized.  Makes every baseball game the last 30 seconds of an NBA game.
That’s strategy!  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 02:02:24 PM »
That’s strategy! 
I bet Snaggs hates Chess too.  He's probably more of a checkers guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 02:29:34 PM »
I bet Snaggs hates Chess too.  He's probably more of a checkers guy.
Their $4.99 Rally Burger and large fries is the bomb. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 02:29:57 PM »
That’s strategy! 
That's time for bed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 10:36:38 PM »
That's time for bed.
Your kind get the early bird special at captain d’s at 445 And start snoozing around 845. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 06:03:13 AM »
Your kind get the early bird special at captain d’s at 445 And start snoozing around 845.
Hey, I stayed up until 10:00 last night watching Top Chef.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 03:50:41 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 05:03:18 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 06:15:32 PM »
What was CCTAU doing in Chicago?
It’s hard to tell if that’s him, since he took off his white robes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2019, 12:03:58 AM »
That is something you dumbass younguns do. 

I have never understood that whole thing anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2019, 08:42:42 AM »
What was CCTAU doing in Chicago?
The sausage king of Chicago?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2019, 09:56:31 AM »
The sausage king of Chicago?
:facepalm:

I don't think they get Conecuh in chitown. That may be why they shoot each other...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 02:24:33 PM »
That is something you dumbass younguns do.

I have never understood that whole thing anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 02:57:35 PM »
So its not a racist symbol? Who knew? Well, everyone except me!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BeJimmieKeync

New Rules for MLB
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2019, 03:52:37 PM »
The new rules for Screenshots with skins being submitted are 400 pixels by 400 pixels. This is very hard to see and does not increase in size for viewing. Would it be possible to increase the size of the Screenshots to something a little larger?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2019, 04:02:54 PM »
The new rules for Screenshots with skins being submitted are 400 pixels by 400 pixels. This is very hard to see and does not increase in size for viewing. Would it be possible to increase the size of the Screenshots to something a little larger?
We have to keep it this way. A lot of these guys post self nudes. We don’t need any better detail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2019, 11:29:09 PM »
We have to keep it this way. A lot of these guys post self nudes. We don’t need any better detail.
We really need to ban Snags. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions