Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AP All-SEC

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
AP All-SEC
« on: March 12, 2019, 11:22:19 AM »
Jared Harper is the only Tiger...2nd Team.

I'm definitely biased, but that's some bullshit.  For him and Brown.

FIRST TEAM (listed alphabetically)
Daniel Gafford, Arkansas, F, 6-11, Soph., El Dorado, Arkansas
PJ Washington, Kentucky, F, 6-8, Soph., Dallas
Tremont Waters, LSU, G, 5-11, Soph., New Haven, Connecticut
Quinndary Weatherspoon, Mississippi State, G, 6-4, Sr., Canton, Mississippi
u-Grant Williams, Tennessee, F, 6-7, Jr., Charlotte, North Carolina
___
SECOND TEAM
Jordan Bone, Tennessee, G, 6-3, Jr., Nashville, Tennessee
Jared Harper, Auburn, G, 5-11, Jr., Mableton, Georgia
Admiral Schofield, Tennessee, G, 6-6, Sr., Zion, Illinois
Breein Tyree, Mississippi, G, 6-2, Jr., Somerset, New Jersey
Chris Silva, South Carolina, F, 6-9, Sr., Libreville, Gabon

https://apnews.com/c8361c1300d4425d905b4df826478c08
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: AP All-SEC
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 11:34:15 AM »
I'm okay with it.  Would love to have seen Brown make at least 2nd team, but the guy just doesn't have the overall game to be there.  He averages 15.7 pts a game.  That's pretty skippy. He really doesn't do a whole lot of other things well.  Rebound, assist, block shots etc.  For the most part, he spots up (Left side 98.4% of the time) and shoots.  When he's hot, he's off the charts.  When he's not, he's abysmal. 

Granted, I didn't check any stats for the other guys and Brown may match up well.  It's just that looking at his stat line and watching him play, I could see it going either way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 11:42:12 AM »
I'm okay with it.  Would love to have seen Brown make at least 2nd team, but the guy just doesn't have the overall game to be there.  He averages 15.7 pts a game.  That's pretty skippy. He really doesn't do a whole lot of other things well.  Rebound, assist, block shots etc.  For the most part, he spots up (Left side 98.4% of the time) and shoots.  When he's hot, he's off the charts.  When he's not, he's abysmal.

Granted, I didn't check any stats for the other guys and Brown may match up well.  It's just that looking at his stat line and watching him play, I could see it going either way.
Yeah, once you dig into the conference stats, I can be persuaded out of my indignation.

That said, Harper and Brown are #s 9 and 6 respectively in ppg...that's impressive for a set of co-starters. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 11:45:46 AM »
This has been a season of guys playing out of their minds. And our boys disappear for a game or two every now and then. The other guys have not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 11:46:50 AM »
This has been a season of guys playing out of their minds. And our boys disappear for a game or two every now and then. The other guys have not.
That's fair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 12:23:23 PM »
Okeke is a 1st teamer in my mind the last 1/3 of the season. But I get it. I know how that awards work. Whatevs. Time to kick ass when it counts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 12:32:30 PM »
Okeke is a 1st teamer in my mind the last 1/3 of the season. But I get it. I know how that awards work. Whatevs. Time to kick ass when it counts.
Let's have a KiKi has really come into his own, especially the last part of the season as you said.  I just hope he doesn't get the big head and bolt for a shot at the show.  He could be first team All-Studly next year if he returns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 02:01:46 PM »
Let's have a KiKi has really come into his own, especially the last part of the season as you said.  I just hope he doesn't get the big head and bolt for a shot at the show.  He could be first team All-Studly next year if he returns.
^^This^^

Okeke do you love me could be a 1st teamer next season if he plays the entire year like he's played the 2nd half of this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 02:06:09 PM »
Let's have a KiKi has really come into his own, especially the last part of the season as you said.  I just hope he doesn't get the big head and bolt for a shot at the show.  He could be first team All-Studly next year if he returns.
The offense needs to run through Chupacabra next season.

He holds back a lot. (plays good team ball) Sure, he's no Zion, but he has the potential to be really good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.