Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lee County destruction...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Lee County destruction...
« on: March 03, 2019, 10:00:46 PM »
No, this isn't a thread about Gus Malzahn.  

All our people okay after today's tornadoes?  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Lee County destruction...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 11:58:32 PM »
Last report shows 22 dead.  Horrible destruction in southern Lee County.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 11:59:39 PM »
Tornadoes do not play. When you hear the warning, get safe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 12:38:38 AM »
We good down here.  Tornadoes all around us and a few anxious moments but we dodged all the bullets.  Damn, I hate what Lee County went through.  Horrible stuff.  Prayers to all the families.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 11:26:07 AM »
I was 5 minutes behind the one that ripped through just north or Eufaula.  Headed north on 431.  Had I not run through the Krystal drive through in Dothan I would have been right in it.  Krystal = Health food

There were live wires stretched across both lanes of 431, trees stretched across the south bound lane, and airplane fuel spilled all over the area.  Not sure when they finally got 431 opened but a cop I talked to told me with the hazmat clean up that was needed it would probably 3+ hours.  I turned around, went back to US82 and worked my way North on county roads till I could get back on 431.  The picture was out of my window of what was left of the airport building.

The South bound lane of I-185 coming out of Columbus was still completely shut down when I came by it a couple of hours later.  4.5 miles of standstill traffic in the South bound lane.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 11:31:40 AM »
We got lucky. I’m in the southern tip of Lee county now as opposed to the western side near auburn. It went about 4-5 miles north of me over into Georgia. We felt the winds of it but it never got too dire. So glad it took an angle north east. My old house near opelika got a lot of damage. Feel for those folks in Beauregard. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE