Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Don't Think They'll KISS and Make Up

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Don't Think They'll KISS and Make Up
« on: January 30, 2019, 02:21:29 PM »
Co-founder and ex-guitarist of Kiss, Ace Frehley, slammed bassist Gene Simmons in a seething Facebook post on Tuesday, accusing the rocker of groping his wife.

ACE FREHLEY WORKED WITH GENE SIMMONS ON 'SPACEMAN'

Frehley's fury came after Simmons told Guitar World (via Blabbermouth) that he wasn't sure Frehley, a founding member of the glam rock outfit, and Peter Criss, would ever be part of the band officially ever again.
GENE SIMMONS AND ACE FREHLEY REUNITE ONSTAGE FOR PERFORMANCE
"Ace and Peter have gotten three chances. They were in and out of the band — fired — three times. For drugs, alcohol, bad behavior, being unprofessional," Simmons alleged. "They weren't carrying their load ... We'd love to have Ace and Peter join us here and there. And if they don't, it's not going to be because of us. But they're never going to be in KISS again."

Ace Frehley Has 'No Regrets'Video
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
He added, "Would we welcome Ace or Peter to jump up onstage for a song or two? Of course. Could we depend on either Ace or Peter to do a full set night after night? Not on your f—king life."
In response, Frehley blasted Simmons on Tuesday night.
"Gene, your memory is really incorrect!…I was NEVER FIRED from KISS, I quit twice (not 3-times) of my own free will, because you and Paul are control freaks, untrustworthy and were too difficult to work with," Frehley
Gene Simmons and Ace Frehley
Gene Simmons and Ace Frehley
"Your slanderous remarks about my bad habits over the years has cost me millions of dollars and now that I’m over 12-years sober you're still saying I can’t be trusted to play a whole nights show! Well that’s exactly what I’ve been doing for the last 12-years with different configurations of The Ace Frehley Band to you and Paul’s dismay," he continued.
GENE SIMMONS OF KISS FACES LAWSUIT, ACCUSED OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT, GROPING
Frehley accused Simmons and Paul of attempting to sabotage his solo career, despite each of them collaborating with him on solo projects outside of Kiss, but don't expect that to ever happen again.
Ace Frehley explains why he's putting KISS drama behind himVideo
"Today’s comments have made me realize you’re just an a—e and a sex addict who’s being sued by multiple Women, and you’re just trying to sweep it all under the carpet," Frehley wrote of Simmons, who was accused of sexual misconduct and groping of a "Jane Doe" in December 2017.
KISS SINGER PAUL STANLEY MISSES HIS GROUPIE DAYS
Simmons has denied all allegations of misconduct.
"The icing on the cake was when you groped my wife and propositioned her in Los Angeles at the Capitol Records building behind my back, when I was trying to help you out at one of your 'Vault Experiences' which I only found out about several weeks later…she was planning on pursuing a suit against you, but I told her to call it off," he wrote.
Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on menVideo
KISS REUNITES FOR 2019 'END OF THE ROAD' FAREWELL TOUR
Frehley demanded an apology from his old bandmates, as well as an offer to rejoin Kiss and kicking Tommy Thayer out. If not, Frehley says, "THE S—T WILL HIT THE FAN AND THEY’LL BE NO STOPPING IT."
A rep for Simmons did not immediately return a request for comment on Frehley's claims.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Don't Think They'll KISS and Make Up
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 02:58:29 PM »
They've been slinging this same dirt for 30 years or more. 

Ace "left" in 1982.  Fired, quit, whatever.  Love Ace but given the lifestyle he wanted to live he'd probably have been happier in Motley Crue.  Were Gene and Paul disrespectful toward him after the break?  I'd say yeah.  When Peter and Ace were gone those two controlled the brand completely.  Ace was a goofy screwup even by his own admission.  He didn't exactly set the world on fire with his solo efforts. 

They put it all back together (all for the money) in 1996 and he got back on the ride. By then he'd sold (or signed away) his rights to the character and was essentially an employee of Gene/Paul/KISS rather than an equal member of the band.  Same with Peter.

Well, Pete got pissed that they were paying Ace more than they paid him.  So he kicked over his drum kit at the end of a concert and walked.  Ace became unreliable and there were shows/performances (as I remember) they had to use a stand-in.  He quit/left/was fired again in 2002.  There were rumors that he had actually quit/left/been fired in 1999 or 2000 but mended fences and stayed. 

Over the next 15 years or so, his relationship with Gene/Paul/KISS was good and bad.  They'd say crap about each other and then make up. 

When the End of the Road Tour started coming up Ace ramped up his efforts to repair the rift.  He got Gene and Paul to help him with his two recent solo albums, he started doing guest shots with their solo bands, signed on to do the Cruise and started dropping hints that the End of the Road might include him and Peter. 

I guess that was his plan. Go on one last carousel with the band.  When Gene yesterday shot that down (rightly I believe) indicating that Ace couldn't be relied on for the grind of the entire tour when he hasn't been playing or rehearsing with the band for a tour that kicks off tomorrow night.... that clipped his gizzard. 

As much as I like Ace, his solo efforts are pretty bad.  The guitar work is good enough but when he adds lyrics and vocals -- eeeeghhhhhhhaddd.  Both of the post-Ace albums by KISS (Sonic Boom and Monster) were better than either of Ace's solo efforts.  And they weren't great by any stretch. 

As much as I'd like to see Ace perform on the last tour?  I don't want it at the expense of the guys who have kept things going for years.  I'm in agreement with Gene that I'd be happy with seeing them come up and do a couple of songs for nostalgia's sake.  As grateful as I was that I got to see Gene, Ace, Paul and Peter perform several times during the 1996 tour, I was still unhappy with the fact that Bruce Kulick (who'd played on Asyum, Hot in the Shade, Crazy Nights, Revenge, Unplugged and Carnival of Souls) and Eric Singer (who'd done Carnival, Unplugged and Revenge) were booted out of the band in favor of Pete and Ace. 

So I'm a little unhappy with Ace for throwing a tantrum like this.  I wish Gene and Paul wouldn't keep bashing the past members for their drug use and unreliability even if both those things are true.  I also wish Gene wasn't lecherous but I think we're past that.  If he's around a woman he's going to say or do something creepy and inappropriate more than likely. 

I hate that they hate each other and can't figure out how to coexist. 

I guess my question is:  

You worked with somebody once and that relationship flamed out badly and with a lot of acrimony.  You both went your separate ways.  Fifteen or twenty years later a project comes up and you have a chance to work together again. You put the past in your behind and give it a shot.  Same issues as before come up and the relationship crashes and burns a second time.  Do you extend a hand to that person a third time when you're about to embark on the most ambitious project you've done to date with a team that works really well together?  I think not.  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 03:03:12 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 03:44:34 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 04:04:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 12:08:43 PM »
As much as I like Ace, his solo efforts are pretty bad.  The guitar work is good enough but when he adds lyrics and vocals -- eeeeghhhhhhhaddd.  
That shit is saying a lot coming from a dude that likes KISS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 02:31:40 PM »
I mean it’s KISS. It’s not like they were even a good band. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 02:38:38 PM »
I mean it’s KISS. It’s not like they were even a good band.
:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 03:52:45 PM »
I guess my question is: 

You worked with somebody once and that relationship flamed out badly and with a lot of acrimony.  You both went your separate ways.  Fifteen or twenty years later a project comes up and you have a chance to work together again. You put the past in your behind and give it a shot.  Same issues as before come up and the relationship crashes and burns a second time.  Do you extend a hand to that person a third time when you're about to embark on the most ambitious project you've done to date with a team that works really well together?  I think not. 
I co-owned a glass company in Birmingham.  I came into the business (and it was a good business at that point) with the understanding that my partner was wanting out and I would buy him out in 18 months.  This was in 2001.  Fast forward a year and I am beginning to pull my capitol together to buy him out except one thing...He no longer wants to be bought out because we are making STUPID money.  Up until the time I came in he had always just done small jobs.  I came in and had the connections to go get the big ones.  
My own fault for not having anything other than a gentleman's agreement before I went down the partner road with him.  I ended up selling out to him and getting completely out of the business.  

I say all this to say I don't even extend the hand a second time.  Fuck'em!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

chinook

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 06:06:08 PM »
I co-owned a glass company in Birmingham.  I came into the business (and it was a good business at that point) with the understanding that my partner was wanting out and I would buy him out in 18 months.  This was in 2001.  Fast forward a year and I am beginning to pull my capitol together to buy him out except one thing...He no longer wants to be bought out because we are making STUPID money.  Up until the time I came in he had always just done small jobs.  I came in and had the connections to go get the big ones. 
My own fault for not having anything other than a gentleman's agreement before I went down the partner road with him.  I ended up selling out to him and getting completely out of the business. 

I say all this to say I don't even extend the hand a second time.  Fuck'em!

yeah...but did you rock and roll all night and party every day?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 01:12:03 PM »
yeah...but did you rock and roll all night and party every day? 
No, I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 10:22:27 AM »
No, I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
Listen to Ben Affleck
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 11:28:28 AM »
Listen to Ben Affleck
I'm not Ben Affleck
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 11:03:53 AM »
I'm not Ben Affleck
You white you Ben Affleck
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions