Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Beisbols 2019

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Auburn Beisbols 2019
« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2019, 01:06:27 AM »
Je reviens pour une autre saison

-- Edouard
If you ain't taking American, you can kiss my ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2019, 11:37:53 AM »
If you listened to the Podcast about Leath, you'll know that things are supremely fuck within the Athletics Department.  If you didn't here are a couple of high points "or low points"

- Leath was such a micromanager that he clamped down even on the costs of making copies. Yes a 150 million dollar AD budget and he was worried about paper copies.
- We were the only team that bused our players to their Super Regional locations.  NCAA would only pay for 35 people to make an airplane trip.  So rather than pony up the additional funds, Auburn Baseball was told to bus it to Chapel Hill.  Our players got in at 3 am and had to play baseball the next day.

Now there is this-  From Nom Nom

It’s understandable that spending $60 million or more on a football-only complex can cause heartburn for some. That’s a huge investment. It’s money that must be spent and apparently will be spent.

But a much less expensive and badly needed baseball player development facility, one that was promised to head coach Butch Thompson when he took the job and again when he spurned Mississippi State last year to stay at Auburn? The status of that one is uncertain.

Thompson deserves better.

The playing area at Plainsman Park is as nice as any. The player amenities and developmental areas are last in the seven-team SEC West, and not even close to sixth. Not only that, should Auburn host a regional next season, unless something changes, national media people will be welcomed to a press box with windows that can’t open and have been stuck for three years. That is not much fun on hot summer days.

Even if the promised facility were already built, Auburn would still be behind the programs with which it must compete on the field and in recruiting and would still be in last place in the SEC West

So what’s the plan? What is the timetable? No one seems to know. At least nobody is saying.

Our Jason Caldwell takes a look today at the baseball situation, which was seemingly not changed by the departure of president Steven Leath.

Thompson has revived Auburn baseball, He took his fourth Tiger team to Omaha for the College World Series. He had an opportunity to leave last year and didn’t do it. He’ll have opportunities again. He deserves to get what he wants and needs, especially considering that $4 million of the original $4.8 million price tag has been raised. Apparently, the cost has gone up by half a million dollars or so. That’s enough to put the whole project on hold when Thompson and the baseball program have already raised most of the money from private sources? As Jason reports, Arkansas announced plans Tuesday to spend $27 million on a baseball developmental facility.

The Auburn facility was supposed to be under construction already. It’s not, and there is no indication when it will be. That’s on the heels of Auburn’s first trip to the College World Series in 22 years and its first-ever super regional championship.

Thompson took over a program in turmoil. He arrived in the fall of 2015 when Sunny Golloway was fired. Fall practice was already over. There was dysfunction and division within the program, things that could not be fixed overnight.

Since struggling through that first season, Thompson has taken three consecutive teams to regionals, winning two of them. He’s taken two straight to super regionals, winning one and losing the other in heartbreaking fashion. He has the most loaded Auburn roster since at least 2010 coming back.

Baseball isn’t the only program with urgent needs. Jane B. Moore Field is even further behind the competition than Plainsman Park. The plan is to start construction on a player development facility for softball in the fall. But the plan was also to start construction on the baseball facility as soon as the season was over. Facilities for soccer and track are well behind, too.

It costs money to compete at the highest level. It just does. No one is going to spend the least and win the most. Outside of football and basketball, what does the Auburn administration really want and what is it willing to do to get there? Maybe that’s the biggest question of all.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/PMARSHONAU-Auburns-Butch-Thompson-deserves-better-133200661/

God I hope Dr. Gouge can get this shit unfucked.  Hard to believe this guy was worse than Jay Jacobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2019, 01:45:25 PM »
If you listened to the Podcast about Leath, you'll know that things are supremely fuck within the Athletics Department.  If you didn't here are a couple of high points "or low points"

- Leath was such a micromanager that he clamped down even on the costs of making copies. Yes a 150 million dollar AD budget and he was worried about paper copies.
- We were the only team that bused our players to their Super Regional locations.  NCAA would only pay for 35 people to make an airplane trip.  So rather than pony up the additional funds, Auburn Baseball was told to bus it to Chapel Hill.  Our players got in at 3 am and had to play baseball the next day.

God I hope Dr. Gouge can get this shit unfucked.  Hard to believe this guy was worse than Jay Jacobs.

He was actually much worse than jay. I never questioned if jay loved auburn. I think he really thought he was doing right. And he always raised plenty of money. As K would say a lot of jays issues were the small things. The way they changed tailgating or the press box. The way he treated people in person. 

Then of course a lot of the coaching decisions but he nailed it with Bruce and butch before leaving. For all jays faults - and I loathe him too - Leath was another level of fuckery. He messed with the school as a whole. He did damage it will take a long time to recover from. And the reasons he did it - are just beyond belief.  He didn’t give two shits about auburn. I do think that’s the main difference. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2019, 10:58:45 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2019, 01:33:52 PM »
The fucking we have been getting is not the fucking that we were expecting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2019, 01:51:50 PM »
The fudgeing we have been getting is not the fudgeing that we were expecting.
"Still counts." - Akon from I Just Had Sex
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2019, 03:34:01 PM »
The fucking we have been getting is not the fucking that we were expecting.

Then it's just a struggle snuggle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2019, 04:09:12 PM »

Wanna play the rape game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2019, 06:38:10 PM »
Wanna play the rape game?
There’s some ugly chick who thinks it’s sexy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #209 on: June 28, 2019, 10:48:40 AM »

Taking the fuck truck to pound town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2019, 11:59:46 AM »
Taking the fuck truck to pound town.
Taking the ol' log to the beaver!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2019, 12:00:33 PM »
Gonna enter the holy of holies! Coitus Uninterruptus!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2019, 12:01:08 PM »
Take the skin boat to tuna town!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »
Go for a ride on the baloney pony!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2019, 12:35:20 PM »
Gonna bury his boner
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2019, 09:39:16 AM »
Gonna bury his boner

Dad!  He's gonna pork her!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2019, 09:48:08 PM »
"Gonna take ole one-eye to the optometrist."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2019, 11:17:25 AM »
Dad!  He's gonna pork her!
He may pork her. Just eat, ok?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:52:16 AM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »
:yallfu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2019, 02:26:35 PM »
Je suis un menteur 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions