Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2019 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Re: 2019 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2019, 04:51:43 PM »
In case you haven't noticed, and judging by the attendance you haven't, the Indians Cardinals have managed to win a few here and there, and are threatening to climb out of the cellar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2019, 05:39:44 PM »
In case you haven't noticed, and judging by the attendance you haven't, the Indians Cardinals have managed to win a few here and there, and are threatening to climb out of the cellar.
Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2019, 11:44:31 PM »
I know I'm the only one enjoying this, but Chris Davis went 0-3 tonight.  The hitless just keep on coming. 

Sixty one plate appearances, fifty three at bats.

The guy is setting a record that will stand forever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2019, 09:40:04 AM »
I thought you said we didn't have any high priced talent?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »
I really wasn't paying attention when I posted earlier about the Braves locking up Albies.  This morning, I heard several callers bitching about how the Braves ripped this kid off.  Well first off, I assume he has an agent that worked out the deal and Ozzie signed off on it.  But when you look at it and realize he's getting $5mil a year and was an All-Star last year, it says something ain't right.  The average MLB salary last year was $4.25mil.  He's locked in for 7 years.  I would hope the Braves rework it if he continues to perform. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2019, 05:20:50 PM »
2-8 in our last ten.  Quickly solidifying ourselves at the bottom of of the AL East.  Chris Davis actually hit the ball, three times even, so there is that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2019, 06:56:25 PM »
2-8 in our last ten.  Quickly solidifying ourselves at the bottom of of the AL East.  Chris Davis actually hit the ball, three times even, so there is that.
Terrible weekend in my book.  Just terrible.  

Davis took my joy away.  Some asshat was handed the Masters.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2019, 01:15:44 PM »
Beat the shit out of the BoSox yesterday.  Looked good doing it to. Davis had a homer, Nunez looked like he was in beast mode. Pitching was good.  Straily looked great.  May need to pull him from the pen and put him in the starting rotation full time.  Speaking of pen...….We have went to the pen 40% of innings played.  I think I saw the stat come across the screen that we have went to the pen 62.1 innings this year, with the A's being the only team that has more with 62.2.

Not getting quality starts out of guys.  That will/is killing us and has for years.  Even when Buck took us to the playoffs and the ALCS, pitching was our achilleas.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2019, 03:55:24 PM »
Cardinals is apparently Yelich for “my bitches.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2019, 04:41:34 PM »
Cardinals is apparently Yelich for “my bitches.”
Gawt Dam, stop pitching to that guy.  Even Pavlov's dog caught on after a few dings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2019, 09:44:29 AM »
This is going to be a long season. Watched the Braves give the game away in the 10th with the pitcher fielding a bunt and promptly throwing it into right field.  Then walking 3 batters and the winning run right on in.  The Braves have a great line up and very little pitching. They did exactly squat in the off season to address a really average....now below average pitching staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2019, 09:51:31 AM »
This is going to be a long season. Watched the Braves give the game away in the 10th with the pitcher fielding a bunt and promptly throwing it into right field.  Then walking 3 batters and the winning run right on in.  The Braves have a great line up and very little pitching. They did exactly squat in the off season to address a really average....now below average pitching staff.
Sadly it is time to trade some prospects for pitching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2019, 10:11:00 AM »
Sadly it is time to trade some prospects for pitching.
They have Acuna and Albies locked down.  I really want to seem them sign Camargo long term.  I think that kid is going to be great, sooner than later.  But yeah, if they don't get some pitching, this season is going to go right in the shitter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2019, 10:56:53 AM »
They have Acuna and Albies locked down.  I really want to seem them sign Camargo long term.  I think that kid is going to be great, sooner than later.  But yeah, if they don't get some pitching, this season is going to go right in the shitter.
They have tremendous talent on the minors. Time to deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »
Don't look now, but the Cubs have won 3 in a row.  That's called a streak.
What?  The wins were in Miami?  Oh...never mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2019, 05:42:48 PM »
Awwwwww.  I'm so sorry the front office isn't trying to aquire good pitchers. That never happens with my team.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2019, 12:46:57 PM »
Aight Buzz, the Cubbies are at .500 going into s 3 game series with the Draftdodgers. Quintana and Hamels scheduled for starts on the mound. Whatever you been doin in their L10, keep it goin. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2019, 02:11:16 PM »
Aight Buzz, the Cubbies are at .500 going into s 3 game series with the Draftdodgers. Quintana and Hamels scheduled for starts on the mound. Whatever you been doin in their L10, keep it goin.
I've been not paying attention.  I can definitely keep that up...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2019, 10:52:44 PM »
I've been not paying attention.  I can definitely keep that up...
Keep up the good work Buzz!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2019, 02:56:40 PM »
Finally, the Braves go out to get help for an awful bullpen.  Aaaannnd they really improved themselves by signing 35 year old, Jerry Blevins, who had a 4.85 ERA for the Mets last year and was sitting in Triple A this season.

Championship!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions