Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Haunting of Hill House

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Haunting of Hill House
« on: February 14, 2019, 01:47:22 PM »
Finished the ten episodes in this series.  I guess I'm just not very well read, but I didn't know there was a book.  Glad of that.  If I'd read it, it might have colored my perception of this long-form movie.  

I like the concept.  Take a book that can't be neatly wrapped up in a two-hour run-time and spread it out over ten hours.  

Everything about this was done well.  This is the kind of thing that seems to be in the Netflix wheelhouse.  Solid performances from every member of the expansive cast.  

I was very impressed.  Toward the end it became less of a horror film and more of a sentimental drama, but even that was handled deftly.  

I liked it a lot.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Haunting of Hill House
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 09:01:05 AM »
I thought it was boring and slow moving. I fell asleep during episode 2 and never went back. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

Re: Haunting of Hill House
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 03:56:32 PM »
Finished the ten episodes in this series.  I guess I'm just not very well read, but I didn't know there was a book.  Glad of that.  If I'd read it, it might have colored my perception of this long-form movie. 

I like the concept.  Take a book that can't be neatly wrapped up in a two-hour run-time and spread it out over ten hours. 

Everything about this was done well.  This is the kind of thing that seems to be in the Netflix wheelhouse.  Solid performances from every member of the expansive cast. 

I was very impressed.  Toward the end it became less of a horror film and more of a sentimental drama, but even that was handled deftly. 

I liked it a lot. 
Spot on analysis. I liked the show and found myself feeling bad for the ghosts near the end.  

Very well put together. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions