Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Signing Day 2019

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Signing Day 2019
« on: January 23, 2019, 09:55:46 AM »
Exactly two weeks until the (now anti-climactic) signing day bonanza.

Who is left on our list?

Do we have any big dogs walking late besides Pickens?

Will we get any quality linemen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Signing Day 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 10:06:18 AM »
Here's the most informative thing I've found lately.  Obviously a couple of days old as it's just after the weekend visits.  Sorry for the shitty copy/pasta.  I'm retarded.  From CollegeandMagnolia

Signing day is fast approaching and Auburn’s coaching staff is racing to close on another possible top 10 class. Things were plenty busy on the trail this past weekend. One of Auburn’s most important targets left the Plains with the Tigers on top while another top target officially reopened his recruitment and a note on an important 2020 visitor.
Official Visit Recap
First off, I should note that 3* LB Christopher Russell ended up not making a visit to the Plains after-all. Things had been trending away from AU for some time in that recruitment and him not making it in on the visit effectively ends things between the Tigers and Russell. I should also add that it appears Auburn is no longer trying to make a push for 3* LB Dylan Jordan after he switched visit plans on the Tigers at the last minute this past week.
On the happier side of things, Auburn did land a commitment from Arizona State graduate transfer Jay Jay Wilson who is expected to play the H-Back position in Auburn’s offense. Now for a look at who did make the journey to the Plains.
4* ATH John Rhys Plumlee | 6’1” | 185 lbs | Hattiesburg, MS | UGA Commit
Arguably the most intriguing visitor of the weekend, Plumlee took a surprise official visit to the Plains this past weekend and left with good feelings for the Tigers. Auburn told him they want to bring him in to compete at QB and Plumlee claimed he’s not scared of the fact Auburn already has signed probably the best QB in this class in 4* Bo Nix.
The Mississippi native still has two official visits left (Ole Miss and Florida State) before making his final decision. This appears to be turning into an AU/OM/MSST battle even thought he’s still committed to UGA. Personally, I just have a hard time seeing him come here with the young talent already on campus in that QB room and think the Rebels are the team to watch. But he’s definitely a name to track over these final days in this 2019 cycle.
Enjoyed Official Visit and Auburn!! pic.twitter.com/eg2dHaLl3b
— John Rhys Plumlee (@PlumleeJohn) January 21, 2019
3* DT LeDarrius Cox | 6’5” | 300 lbs | Mobile, AL | Tennessee Commit
Not a lot of news came out about Cox’s official visit as he refused to do interviews with reporters. For much of his recruitment, the belief has been Auburn was in a strong spot to flip the big man despite his constant affirmations that he was all Vol. That buzz has picked back up after his OV. He will be in Oxford, MS this weekend and then a final decision should come. I’m pretty sure Auburn would love to have him this class regardless of what 4* DL Charles Moore decides to do.
3* OT Ira Henry | 6’5” | 320 lbs | St. Louis, MO
The biggest news of the weekend, outside of Wilson’s commitment, was Henry announcing Auburn had jumped to #1 on his list. We all know that offensive tackle recruiting has been a struggle and with 3* Dawand Jones eliminating the Tigers last night, Henry is an absolute must have at the moment. The good news is he left the Plains with the Tigers on top. The bad news is he still has an official visit to his “dream school” in Florida State who can also sell plenty of early playing time. Can Auburn’s lead be beat? The Tigers better hope not or they might end up with only one tackle in this class after signing 0 last cycle.
Good Auburn official #WarEagle pic.twitter.com/g9OVBhJjc4
— Ira Henry7️⃣8️⃣ (@IraHenry8) January 22, 2019
2* ATH Kameron Brown | 6’0” | 222 lbs | Buford, GA
Honestly stunned Brown isn’t on the commit list after this weekend but I still think that’s coming fairly soon. Interestingly, Brown spent most of this past weekend meeting with Kevin Steele and Travis Williams which means Auburn will give him a fair shot at linebacker before any talks of moving to H-Back.
The younger Brown had rising junior defensive tackle Tyrone Truesdell as his player host, and he spent much of his time with linebackers coach Travis Williams and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele, who spoke to him about his potential role with the Tigers should he choose to sign with them on National Signing Day in a couple of weeks.
As of now, the coaches project Brown as a linebacker. He had 205 total tackles as a senior at Lanier, including 26 for a loss, six sacks, six pass breakups, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries, one of which was returned for a touchdown.
I fully expect Brown to be on board by this time next week.
Jamious Griffin Decommits
Some pretty big news came out late last night. Auburn RB target 4* Jamious Griffin announced he was no longer committed to North Carolina State.
#GodsPlan pic.twitter.com/Yw3Z4zuuC0
— 」ᗑ⋔エꑙ꒤꒚ ﻯℜエ££エℕ✝ (@JamiousGriffin) January 21, 2019
Griffin visited the Plains last weekend and has recently become a major target for the Tigers. However, this change in his recruitment came after his visit to Georgia Tech where one of his older brothers already plays. The new Yellow Jacket staff has made him a top priority and my guess is they are probably the team to beat at the moment. However, Auburn is in this race and it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him pick the Tigers come February 6th. It will be interesting to see if he takes any other official visits over these last two weeks.
Jammie Robinson Names Top 4
This wasn’t really a surprise but 3* DB Jammie Robinson went ahead and made things official yesterday and dropped his top 4.
February 6th Mark Y’all Calendars #BIG6 pic.twitter.com/WI77LE0z9M
— Jammie Robinson (@Jammierobinson6) January 21, 2019
I know Auburn was feeling VERY good about where they stood with the playmaker out of GA following his official visit but Tennessee appears to have made a big impression this past weekend. However, I still don’t think you can count out South Carolina just yet. Will Muschamp and Travaris Robinson are two of the best at landing big time DBs.
Auburn seems to have set their sights on landing one of Robinson or 4* Maurice Hampton. Either one would be a huge addition to an already outstanding DB class. Robinson is not expected to take any more visits over the next two weeks.
2020 Name To Know
Finally, a quick note on future big time target. Auburn had a few top 2020 prospects on campus again this weekend in guys like 4* LB Cameron Riley, 4* OG Jonathan Denis and 3* S Jaiden Francois. But the big name to watch moving forward is 4* LB Phillip Webb.
Webb is high school teammates with likely AU signee Kameron Brown. He’s long held an Auburn offer and the Tigers are making a strong push to earn his signature. Webb told AuburnUndercover’s Keith Niebuhr, that right now Auburn and Clemson are the two teams that stand out. The better looking Tigers already have a very talented linebacker committed in the 2020 class in 4* Demouy Kennedy. Adding Webb would be an incredible pairing to follow up signing 5* Owen Pappoe this past December.

War Eagle!

More From College and Magnolia

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 10:11:34 AM »
So possibly two straight years without an OL signing?  

That's all I got out of that.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 10:29:12 AM »

They signed 2 O-linemen in the early period.  However, both project as guards.  They've done some dropped the ball big time on tackles the last few years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »

Same.

Colossal fail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 10:56:50 AM »
There's no way to sugar coat that shit.  Colossal fail on the O-line is spot on. Our line pretty much comes back in tact this year.  I believe they will be a strength as opposed to the big question mark they appeared to be (And rightfully so) coming into last season.  But by season's end, I thought they were doing a much better job.  At least holding their own against the likes of Fuck Georgia and Alabama.  And they should be better with another year in the weight room and having played together for a season. But just about all of them are in their last year. 

It's what's behind them that makes you throw up in your mouth a little. And it doesn't look like they're doing much in the way of bringing in any talent for the future.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 11:04:58 AM »
In our early signing period, we landed:

Keiondre Jones  6'4" 340  4*

Justin Osborne  6'5"  300  3*

Not much in the way of other O-line possibilities from what we're reading.  Contrast that to what Alabama paid for in the early signing period.

6'8" 360  5*

6'5" 287  4*

6'6" 315  4*

6'3" 290  4*

6'3" 280  4*

A little deer antler spray and they'll be monsters by Fall. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 09:17:52 AM »
We need more whores.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 10:38:09 AM »
In our early signing period, we landed:

Keiondre Jones  6'4" 340  4*

Justin Osborne  6'5"  300  3*

Ira Henry is the only name in the roundup above.

Do we have any JUCO/transfer prospects that could step in and provide depth?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 10:50:56 AM »
Ira Henry is the only name in the roundup above.

Do we have any JUCO/transfer prospects that could step in and provide depth?
I checked the current available JUCO tackles, which are what we need the most.  There are only a couple of 4* and a handful of  3* guys available.  I have no idea if we are in on any of those but you would have to think the staff realizes this glaring need staring them right in the face.  Hopefully, they're working some magic ($$$) behind the scenes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 10:53:11 AM »
I also have to say that if Calvin Ashley and Austin Troxell had turned out to be half their hype, we'd feel a little differently about it.  Still would be in bad shape but I really thought those two would be solid starters by this time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 11:19:28 AM »
We need more whores.
^^^This^^^

In general
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 11:55:10 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 10:05:55 AM »
A week and a day.

Is there any news?

Is there any hope?

Is there anybody out there?

Just nod if you can hear me...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 10:14:48 AM »
A week and a day.

Is there any news?

Is there any hope?

Is there anybody out there?

Just nod if you can hear me...
Image result for Nodding gifs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 11:42:05 AM »
Haven't seen squat on quotes, rumors etc.  The articles I've read seem to be consistent in who AU is targeting, most of which are in the piece posted above.  Heavy on linemen on both sides of the ball and trying to get one more running back in the fold.  To be honest, I'm not sure I like this early signing period dealio.  I always loved the big February signing day and watching everything get updated. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 12:15:17 PM »
Haven't seen squat on quotes, rumors etc.  The articles I've read seem to be consistent in who AU is targeting, most of which are in the piece posted above.  Heavy on linemen on both sides of the ball and trying to get one more running back in the fold.  To be honest, I'm not sure I like this early signing period dealio.  I always loved the big February signing day and watching everything get updated.
How many white boys we get?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 02:48:20 PM »
How many white boys we get?
So far, 3 crackas in the house.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 04:02:52 PM »
The site wouldn't let me pinch-n-paste it, but Ben Wolk at Rivals thinks we land:

Kamaar Bell OL
Ira Henry OL
Ledarrius Cox DL
Charles Moore DL
Octavius Brothers LB
Mark Anthony Richards RB
George Pickens WR

If that's the case, this will turn into a pretty damn good class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 04:25:52 PM »
The site wouldn't let me pinch-n-paste it, but Ben Wolk at Rivals thinks we land:

Kamaar Bell OL
Ira Henry OL
Ledarrius Cox DL
Charles Moore DL
Octavius Brothers LB
Mark Anthony Richards RB
George Pickens WR

If that's the case, this will turn into a pretty damn good class.
Well, goddamn...that would make me extinguish my flaming pitch-fork.

For now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions