Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Star Wars Fatigue?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Star Wars Fatigue?
« on: December 22, 2018, 10:01:51 AM »
Disney thinks people have Star Wars fatigue and after wrapping up the trilogy next year is pulling back the reins on future Star Wars properties.  

Disney is wrong.  People are tired of lame, one-note, living off the past, piss poor movies.  

I think the appetite for Star Wars remains strong, Luke. The new films just aren't that good.  The Last Jedi was particularly stupid and worthless. Solo was weaker than expected and its performance at the box office showed it.   They're also toying with and mucking up the whole mythology.  Can't decide whether to be campy and fun or super serious and navel gazing.  So they mix the two in an unappetizing stew.  

Whiny Adam Driver was a horrible choice as Kylo.  Half of all of the movies consist of somebody running toward the camera and making some sort of shocked/amazed/puzzled/surprised face.  Another third is comprised of muppets shoehorned into the plot for marketing purposes. The remainder is bad dialogue delivered woodenly. 

The original three films weren't great, but they knew what they were (for the most part) and traded heavily on the fun side.  Everything since is pretty much faux religious pontificating with explosions and weird creatures.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Star Wars Fatigue?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 02:00:54 PM »
Fire Kathleen Kennedy.    Until they do that Star Wars will no longer get any of my money.  I'm tired of the disgrace that has become that franchise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum