dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Early Signing Period (2018 Edition)
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2018, 10:33:05 AM »
No worries about Keiondre's biscuit consumption.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2018, 10:44:05 AM »
I don't guess we're going to get a letter from George Pickens today.  I've heard 3 different analysts over the past week say he's absolutely solid to AU.  But looks like he's sticking by his position of not signing early. I kind of thought he and Nix hooking up a lot in the Alabama/Mississippi All Star game might have convinced him to go ahead and pull the trigger.  He made a lot of statements after the game about that being a preview of things to come between he and Nix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2018, 10:48:22 AM »
I don't guess we're going to get a letter from George Pickens today.  I've heard 3 different analysts over the past week say he's absolutely solid to AU.  But looks like he's sticking by his position of not signing early. I kind of thought he and Nix hooking up a lot in the Alabama/Mississippi All Star game might have convinced him to go ahead and pull the trigger.  He made a lot of statements after the game about that being a preview of things to come between he and Nix.
He's been pretty adamant about not signing early...which I don't understand if his decision is firm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2018, 11:09:56 AM »
He's been pretty adamant about not signing early...which I don't understand if his decision is firm.
Yep.  Anyone heard from Mrs. Pappoe's kid?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2018, 12:25:24 PM »
Nothing going on right now.  In former player and potential player news....Nate Craig Michael Meyers signed with Colorado State.  Asa Martin inked with The U.  RB target, Noah Cain, signed with Sandusky State.  Auburn's main target at RB, DJ Williams, is supposed to announce around 1:00 today.  Everything I've seen says it's between us, Bama and Fuck Georgia and the "experts" say he'll choose the good guys. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2018, 12:28:35 PM »
Pappoe in da' house!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 03:37:30 PM »
RB DJ Williams picks the University of Auburn War Eagles.  5'11 210.  Picked AU over Georgia and Miami.  Bama didn't want him anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2018, 04:17:28 PM »
RB DJ Williams picks the University of Auburn War Eagles.  5'11 210.  Picked AU over Georgia and Miami.  Bama didn't want him anyway.
It moved, Jerry
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2018, 05:12:09 PM »
It moved, Jerry
This is the guy that originally committed to Appy State, but decommitted when the big guns started giving him some love.  I watched about 5 minutes of film on him and admittedly, wasn't all that impressed. (Which means he'll win the Heisman)  Obviously he's a great athlete, but their entire offense seemed to be skrate up Wildcat and letting him throw a little out of it. And the competition he was running against looked less than stellar. 

But, what's also obvious is college coaches know a hell of a lot more than I do and if Fuck Georgia, Miami and Bama were on him, there must be something special there.  Don't think Bama actually offered.  They signed the #1 RB in the country.  Go figure.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2018, 06:05:36 PM »
This is the guy that originally committed to Appy State, but decommitted when the big guns started giving him some love.  I watched about 5 minutes of film on him and admittedly, wasn't all that impressed. (Which means he'll win the Heisman)  Obviously he's a great athlete, but their entire offense seemed to be skrate up Wildcat and letting him throw a little out of it. And the competition he was running against looked less than stellar. 

But, what's also obvious is college coaches know a hell of a lot more than I do and if Fuck Georgia, Miami and Bama were on him, there must be something special there.  Don't think Bama actually offered.  They signed the #1 RB in the country.  Go figure.   
Is he better than Asa Martin?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2018, 09:19:15 PM »
I wonder where he'll transfer to after next season?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2018, 11:52:51 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2018, 07:20:45 AM »
No.
What's that based on? Do you have proof or are you just making that up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2018, 07:43:25 AM »
What's that based on? Do you have proof or are you just making that up?
I've seen both run. I was more impressed with Asa Martin than DJ Williams. Good thing is, Auburn will focus on RB Mark-Antony Richards now, he's a stud. Auburn needs MAR, a stable of strong RBs is always good to have. Keeping them all happy, well...that's a different story.

Am I glad that Asa Martin left the program? You bet your ass I am, I don't like helicopter parents talking to the press about the program.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2018, 08:24:56 AM »
This is the guy that originally committed to Appy State, but decommitted when the big guns started giving him some love.  I watched about 5 minutes of film on him and admittedly, wasn't all that impressed. (Which means he'll win the Heisman)  Obviously he's a great athlete, but their entire offense seemed to be skrate up Wildcat and letting him throw a little out of it. And the competition he was running against looked less than stellar. 

But, what's also obvious is college coaches know a hell of a lot more than I do (College Coaches yes, but we have a HS Coach) and if Fuck Georgia, Miami and Bama were on him, there must be something special there.  Don't think Bama actually offered.  They signed the #1 RB in the country.  Go figure.   
Iffin you believe 247sports, neither Bama nor FUGA offered.  I believe it was between us and da U.  I'll take him cause we need more RB's.  But I agree with your assessment I thought the same watching his film.  

Also an adjustment to your post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2018, 03:10:15 PM »
Don't think anyone could have predicted Pettway (a fullback) rising from the group of backs in that depth chart...and Johnson (from powerhouse LaFayette right?) becoming an absolute stud before succumbing to Malzahn abuse.

We don't have a problem with recruiting as much as we have a problem with filling positions of dire (or future) needs. The cream generally rises in spite of ignorance. We've seen this repeatedly. 

That said. Having success and maintaining continuity is the problem.

Always need one QB...ALWAYS. They might move on but whatever.

Need to keep a badassed fullback on the roster. (a must)

*Steele needs a relentless defensive edge rusher (or two) in every class.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2019, 01:21:31 PM »
Is he better than Asa Martin?
Asa wasn't that fast anyway

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2019, 01:39:33 PM »
Asa wasn't that fast anyway

Maybe so, but the man was a bonafied weapons expert. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions