Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Early Signing Period (2018 Edition)

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Early Signing Period (2018 Edition)
« on: December 12, 2018, 12:42:17 PM »
So this time next week, we'll have some new players ready to wear teh orange and blues.  Early signing period starts on the 19th and from what I've been hearing, we can expect about 80%, or 269/315ths of the class to go ahead and put ink to paper.  We currently have 16 commits, which is a good bit behind what most schools ranked ahead of us have.  247 puts us at 12th.  The one truly positive thing I think we can all agree on with Malzahn is that he's always recruited bigly and yuge.  He may not do squat with it when it gets on campus, but there are no qualms with the talent he brings in year after year.

So, there's still 9-10 slots left to fill.  And in my uneducated opinion, I think these will be some of the most crucial signings for this program in a long time.  Here's my take.  The stars are according to Rivals

OFFENSE

Quarterback:

Bo Nix  6'2" 190  5*

I would definitely not be opposed to signing another one, whether it be HS, transfer or JUCO.  Nix will be a true freshman and there is exactly zero proven talent behind him.  If he doesn't pan out or gets injured, ferrked is what we are.

Running Back:

Nothing so far.  Nada, Zip, Zilch.  If we go into next season with the same (Asa-less) stable of RB's, please to be seeing the ferrked reference above.  I like Boobee.  Great potential there.  But he also appears to be injury proned.  We need a couple of backs.

Wide Ball Catchers:

George Pickens  6'4"  190  5*
Tyler Fromm 6'4" 215 3* (Rivals lists him as  WR)
Ja'Varrius Johnson  5'9" 156  3*

Pickens is a beast, but he's looking around.  Says he won't sign early.  If he does, we'll be a lot better at that position given what we already have.

Tight Non Ball Catchers:

Luke Deal  6'5"  235  3*

Big Uglies:

Keiondre Jones  6'3"  340  4*
Justin Osborne  6'5"  300  3*

Absolute must have.  Huge need.  2-3 of those vacant slots had better be filled with 4* linemen or the ferrked reference could apply for years.

Athletes:

Jayshawn Sheffield  6'2"  175  4*
Zion Puckett  6'  195  4*

DEFENSE

Defensive Line

Colby Wooden  6'4"  238  4*
Jaren Hardy  6'5"  262  4*
Jamond Gordon  6'4"  270  3*

All 3 are listed as DE's.  We lose Russell and Williams on the interior to graduation and most likely Davidson and Brown to early departure.  Maybe even Coe.  Anyone else see where this is going?

Linebacker

Owen Pappoe  6'1"  202  4*

That's it!  One undersized, albeit very good, LB.  We graduate all 3 starters this year.

Defensive Back

Cam'Ron Kelly  6'1"  200 4*
Jaylin Simpson  5'11" 165  4*
Nehemiah Puckett  6'  170  3*

From what I've read, I feel good about landing most, if not all of these guys.  Pickens is crucial IMO, but I definitely don't blame him for hesitating.  Many of these guys, including Nix and Pappoe, are listed as guys who will enroll early.  But I'll say this again, how Malzahn and Co. do in filling these remaining spots just might determine whether or not this program becomes a complete dumpster fire.  Not just with the coaching staff, but the talent pool as well.  We've got some serious needs to fill.

I'd better not see another F'ing tight end in this class.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 10:12:44 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Early Signing Period
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 01:41:11 PM »
Head Coach: 

Gustavo Malzahn 6'3"  225lbs  4* Man Boobs

We are ferrked
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 02:56:10 PM »
Did you forget TE Tyler Fromm?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 03:15:49 PM »
Did you forget TE Tyler Fromm?
He's right up there where it says, "Tyler Fromm". 

Rivals had him listed as a WR, which is probably more applicable anyway since 1.) We don't use a tight end and, b.) He's only 215 lbs.  Also, we don't use a tight end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 03:23:12 PM »
He's right up there where it says, "Tyler Fromm". 

Rivals had him listed as a WR, which is probably more applicable anyway since 1.) We don't use a tight end and, b.) He's only 215 lbs.  Also, we don't use a tight end.
I just watched him play TE in the state championship game. Hmmm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 03:29:28 PM »
I just watched him play TE in the state championship game. Hmmm.
I think I forgot to mention above that we don't use a tight end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 03:46:33 PM »
Not sure why Ja'Varrius Johnson is a 3* unless it's a reference to his Lizard-like appearance.  This kid is the real deal and will fit perfectly into the patented Full Gus offense.

Oh...and if the OL, RB, LB and DL recruiting doesn't finish with a large bang, we ferrked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 03:50:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 08:05:21 AM »
Not sure why Ja'Varrius Johnson is a 3* unless it's a reference to his Lizard-like appearance.  This kid is the real deal and will fit perfectly into the patented Full Gus offense.

Oh...and if the OL, RB, LB and DL recruiting doesn't finish with a large bang, we ferrked.
If a guy commits to Auburn he is automatically ceiling-locked at 4 stars. They can only go down from there based on their poor choices. That's how Rivals sees it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 10:23:46 AM »
If a guy commits to Auburn he is automatically ceiling-locked at 4 stars. They can only go down from there based on their poor choices. That's how Rivals sees it.
Truf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 10:38:45 AM »
Truf
Yup.

Malzahn's status hurts Steele and it was getting those initial defensive linemen when he was hired and growing it into a group of ten that made the greatest difference. He's also managed to keep about five very able linebackers and a flock of grab and pull coverage guys but the most vital element missing which hurt us this season was not having that edge rusher.

We were burned badly for lack of because Steele had to bring several in many cases on passing downs and often the house which was mostly out of desperation from not being able to move or pressure the QB.

On the offensive side we are loaded at wide receiver and have a really average offensive line. Everything else is like a pile of mismatched spare parts which Malzahn can't, won't or doesn't know how to use...square peg/round hole. For that matter, I don't think he can even commit to a style of offense based on the personnel we have.

Would like to look on the bright side but there isn't one with the way this is playing out AND STILL IS AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE SPRING INTO THE FALL AND A WEEK BEFORE THE OPENER WITH OREGON THIS IMBICILE WILL STILL BE CLUELESS and I'm seriously losing interest altogether because it's just too painful to watch failure when it could be prevented.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:54:52 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 11:40:48 AM »

Would like to look on the bright side but there isn't one with the way this is playing out AND STILL IS AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE SPRING INTO THE FALL AND A WEEK BEFORE THE OPENER WITH OREGON THIS IMBICILE WILL STILL BE CLUELESS and I'm seriously losing interest altogether because it's just too painful to watch failure when it could be prevented.

Stream of consciousness post of the day
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 12:40:19 PM »

Breathe in.  Relax....

Image result for Meditate images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 11:37:44 AM »
Breathe in.  Relax....

Image result for Meditate images
Damn jmar is hotter than I thought.  Send us pictures of your boobies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 09:45:36 AM »
Signed:

Nix
Fromm
Deal
Puckett
Kelly
Simpson
Wooden
Johnson
Osborne

Two linemen...and two fucking tight ends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 09:55:02 AM »
Signed:

Nix
Fromm
Deal
Puckett
Kelly
Simpson
Wooden
Johnson
Osborne

Two linemen...and two fucking tight ends.
Auburn can never have too many tight ends.  We wear them out in this offense. Speaking of....Former Auburn TE, Jalen Harris, signing with Colorado.  He'll probably have 60 catches next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 09:57:30 AM »
Picked up another pass rush end, Derrick Hall - 4*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 10:02:11 AM »
Picked up another pass rush end, Derrick Hall - 4*
Four-star edge-rusher Derrick Hall committed to Auburn on Wednesday, the first day of the early signing period. Hall chose Auburn over Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Florida and Florida State.
A product of Gulfport, Miss., Hall is rated as the No. 12 weakside defensive end in the 2019 class, the 10th-best player in Mississippi and the 180th-best recruit in the nation this cycle. He is expected to play Buck at Auburn.
Hall has been considered an Auburn lean for some time. He took an official visit to the Plains back on Sept. 14.
The 6-foot-4, 216-pounder is officially the 16th commit for Auburn in the 2019 class, and his addition to the class comes less than 24 hours after the Tigers lost a commitment from three-star defensive end Jamond Gordon. Hall is the second Buck-type player for Auburn this cycle, joining four-star prospect Colby Wooden, who was the first player to sign with the Tigers during the early signing period.

dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 10:08:13 AM »
Four-star edge-rusher Derrick Hall committed to Auburn on Wednesday, the first day of the early signing period. Hall chose Auburn over Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Florida and Florida State.
A product of Gulfport, Miss., Hall is rated as the No. 12 weakside defensive end in the 2019 class, the 10th-best player in Mississippi and the 180th-best recruit in the nation this cycle. He is expected to play Buck at Auburn.
Hall has been considered an Auburn lean for some time. He took an official visit to the Plains back on Sept. 14.
The 6-foot-4, 216-pounder is officially the 16th commit for Auburn in the 2019 class, and his addition to the class comes less than 24 hours after the Tigers lost a commitment from three-star defensive end Jamond Gordon. Hall is the second Buck-type player for Auburn this cycle, joining four-star prospect Colby Wooden, who was the first player to sign with the Tigers during the early signing period.

dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.
Dat boy needs a biscuit or three.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2018, 10:18:27 AM »
Dat boy needs a biscuit or three.
No doubt.  And maybe a spritz of deer antler spray.

Maybe he'll go the route that Big Kat took.  Came in about 220 and started his second year at 250+.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions