No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Home Run Hire?
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 11:23:33 AM »
Malzahn recruits as well as anybody we’ve ever had.  Doing it in the era of Saban is even more impressive. 

He just doesn’t know what to do with it when he gets it.
I question the players he brings in though.  We have had great recruiting classes with a lot of busts and attrition.

I think Malzahn's problem is two-fold lack of development and poor judge of talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2018, 11:37:59 AM »
I question the players he brings in though.  We have had great recruiting classes with a lot of busts and attrition.

I think Malzahn's problem is two-fold lack of development and poor judge of talent.
I think a lot of the busts are his fault, though.  Either in preparing them for SEC play, figuring out where they best fit the program and so forth.  

I once blamed Chizik for his complete lack of awareness in a game in which Auburn was struggling offensively but Ben Tate was standing on the sidelines and occasionally riding a bike to stay loose.  Not injured, it was like the coaches just forgot he existed.  When I asked Chizik about it after the game (back when I had access) he was like "he was?" 

Now I blame that on Gus.  His offense. His packages.  And he plain forgot he had Tate standing over there while he trickery-doo'ed and doodle-dee-dahed.  

That's the kind of thing that makes me wonder if he's taking advantage of the talent he has or if he's just squandering it.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 11:41:10 AM »
I think a lot of the busts are his fault, though.  Either in preparing them for SEC play, figuring out where they best fit the program and so forth. 

Totally agree
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 12:09:18 PM »
I don't think I'm going way out on that limb here to say that Jarrett Stidham has digressed.  To your points above, my question is why?  You can blame some of it on offensive line woes, sure.  But this guy is to the point that if option #1 is not there, the play is toast 96.433% of the time.  It's like he just can't pull the trigger.  Why is that?  Chip Lindsey is supposed to be the QB coach. He's had him for 2 years and this is the end result.  Does Lindsey not know how to correct problems with a QB?  Or is he the QB coach in name only and Stidham has labored under the watchful eye of one, Gustav Malzahn? How can a clear talent like Jarrett Stidham look like road kill after 2 years in this system?

That's why I was saying I'd like to be a fly on the wall if and when Lindsey got an interview somewhere else. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2018, 12:41:48 PM »
I don't think I'm going way out on that limb here to say that Jarrett Stidham has digressed.  To your points above, my question is why?  You can blame some of it on offensive line woes, sure.  But this guy is to the point that if option #1 is not there, the play is toast 96.433% of the time.  It's like he just can't pull the trigger.  Why is that?  Chip Lindsey is supposed to be the QB coach. He's had him for 2 years and this is the end result.  Does Lindsey not know how to correct problems with a QB?  Or is he the QB coach in name only and Stidham has labored under the watchful eye of one, Gustav Malzahn? How can a clear talent like Jarrett Stidham look like road kill after 2 years in this system?

That's why I was saying I'd like to be a fly on the wall if and when Lindsey got an interview somewhere else.

We moved on from the "fly on the wall".  That was so yesterday...get with it man!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 12:51:05 PM »
We moved on from the "fly on the wall".  That was so yesterday...get with it man!!
Fly in the ointment, Hans?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 01:22:57 PM »
Fly in the ointment, Hans?
Come to the coast. We'll get together. Have a few laughs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 01:34:37 PM »

I once blamed Chizik for his complete lack of awareness in a game in which Auburn was struggling offensively but Ben Tate was standing on the sidelines and occasionally riding a bike to stay loose.  Not injured, it was like the coaches just forgot he existed.  When I asked Chizik about it after the game (back when I had access) he was like "he was?"

Now I blame that on Gus.  His offense. His packages.  And he plain forgot he had Tate standing over there while he trickery-doo'ed and doodle-dee-dahed. 

That's the kind of thing that makes me wonder if he's taking advantage of the talent he has or if he's just squandering it. 
I would agree on talent. Other major programs wanted most of these guys we have. It’s a lot of talent ranking wise. I think it’s mostly failure to develop and fit into the program. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 01:36:38 PM »
I don't think I'm going way out on that limb here to say that Jarrett Stidham has digressed.  To your points above, my question is why?  You can blame some of it on offensive line woes, sure.  But this guy is to the point that if option #1 is not there, the play is toast 96.433% of the time.  It's like he just can't pull the trigger.  Why is that?  Chip Lindsey is supposed to be the QB coach. He's had him for 2 years and this is the end result.  Does Lindsey not know how to correct problems with a QB?  Or is he the QB coach in name only and Stidham has labored under the watchful eye of one, Gustav Malzahn? How can a clear talent like Jarrett Stidham look like road kill after 2 years in this system?

I think the end of the write up from Jay G explains the chip/gus/scheme issues. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bgreene

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2018, 02:18:49 PM »
Jeff Brohm would not make me sad.
 Concur 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2018, 02:55:53 PM »
Marcello says Gus is staying. So is Chip. Renegotiated Lowered buyout. 

And the fanbase just lost its collective hard on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2018, 02:58:03 PM »
He's not wrong
And I'll emphasize exactly where he's not wrong.  The part where he said Jeff Brohm would be a good hire....he won't beat Georgia or Bama, but he'd be a good hire.

And guess what?  In a few years, we'll all be tired of FUGA and Bama continuing to bash our heads in and wondering why we went out and hired a guy that had a stint at Western Kentucky and was .500 in 2 years at Purdue. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2018, 03:13:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2018, 03:33:11 PM »
We bunted.  

We are Auburn.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2018, 03:40:07 PM »
Okay, Ill say this and I'm done with this issue.  The rumors, the gossip, projections, the article just posted above, verifies that, NOBODY KNOWS JACK SHIT about what's really going on.

Nothing going on.  Then it's Big Game Bob.  BGB denies.  Tuberville says Auburn is full of shit and Malzahn's a lonely man, on an island and no one will talk to him.  Turns out, according to the article, that Leath was negotiating a revised contract with Gus less than 24 hours after the Iron Bowl and lonely Gus has been on the recruiting trail since.

I guess Stoops will wind up holding his presser in Auburn some time Wednesday evening.

And BTW, Tommy T.  Go fuck yourself.  Auburn made you a very rich man and then wrote you a huge check to exit stage left after you mailed it in for 2 years. You complain about Jetgate but you and Jimmy didn't have a problem playing AU with the Arkansas thing every year for more money, didja?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2018, 03:40:46 PM »
We bunted. 

We are Auburn. 
You're right...bottom of the 9th, bases loaded with 2 out and a full count.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips