Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Week 13 Picks and Such

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Week 13 Picks and Such
« on: November 20, 2018, 09:43:07 AM »
Mississippi State (7-4) @ Ole Miss (5-6)
State's defense is really good and their run game should be able to find plenty of room. Ole Miss can launch a few deep with their WR cadre but it won't be nearly enough.
Mississippi State 38, Ole Miss 21

Oklahoma (10-1) @ West Virginia (8-2)
Big 12 shootout game all the way. I'm giving Oklahoma the slightest of edge knowing they are playing for more and Kyler Murray being the difference in a pinball game.
Oklahoma 45, WVU 44

Washington (8-3) @ Washington State (10-1)
Mike Leach has a problem beating Chris Peterson at Washington. The Huskies are not happy about this season but they still have a lot to play for and ruining any outside chance the Cougs have at something special is motivation enough. Also, Washington's defense is going to come after that QB with reckless abandon.
Washington 24, Washington State 21

Michigan (10-1) @ Ohio State (10-1)
Every one and their sister is writing the epitaph of Ohio State and Urban Meyer. Yes, they've played horribly for a few games. Also, they have an explosive offense the likes of which Michigan hasn't seen. And while we are at it, Michigan hasn't exactly destroyed teams they've played either. Ohio State will need their defense to get back into September form for it to happen, but something tells me they find a way to outlast the team from the north.
Ohio State 31, Michigan 28

Georgia Tech (7-4) @ Georgia (10-1)
Georgia's offense is finally clicking and the Tech defense is just poor. Tech can run and that is a problem for Georgia but not that big of one in this game.
Georgia 41, Georgia Tech 24

Florida (8-3) @ Florida State (5-6)
I expect FSU will fight with all they've got knowing a bowl game is on the line. Not sure what Florida is playing for other than "pride" but I don't know if this rivalry is all that important. Florida is the better team.
Florida 27, Florida State 23

Auburn (7-4) @ Alabama (11-0)
I expect Auburn will make this interesting for a quarter. The dust will settle, the script will be exhausted, and Alabama will flex on a team they totally outmatch at every position. It gets ugly in the 3rd quarter and the 4th is a snoozer.
Alabama 48, Auburn 13

Pitt (7-4) @ Miami (6-5)
Pitt can run the ball and get after the opposing QB. Miami is bad at preventing either of those things.
Pitt 24, Miami 20

Arizona State (6-5) @ Arizona (5-6)
I'm going with Herm's Sun Devils here based on the bodies of work. AZSt is more consistent whereas Arizona is a grab bag as to which team is going to show up to the game.
Arizona State 37, Arizona 31

Tennessee (5-6) @ Vanderbilt (5-6)
I'm going to pick Tennessee hoping they can limit turnovers and win a slopfest against a pesky, but not very good Vandy squad. Tennessee making a bowl should cement Jeremy Pruitt as SEC COY.
Tennessee 27, Vanderbilt 25

South Carolina (6-4) @ Clemson (11-0)
South Carolina might get some garbage points but Clemson is should blow by them all day. The Tigers are far better in every way.
Clemson 44, South Carolina 17

LSU (9-2) @ Texas A&M (7-4)
LSU's offensive lackings will cost them this game. TAMU is going to be amped up at home and while they've hit bumps this year, the Aggies have been improving on defense and that run game is something they can lean on to win.
Texas A&M 24, LSU 23

Notre Dame (11-0) @ USC (5-6)
Notre Dame is the better team. USC will play hard but they aren't good enough to beat this team.
Notre Dame 31, USC 20

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:48:38 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Week 13 Picks and Such
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 09:53:11 AM »
Disagree with your Vandy and A&M picks, otherwise I'm with ya.

Hard to decide whether this or opening weekend is my favorite regular-season football orgy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 09:57:15 AM »
Same.  I disagree with your Vandy and A&M picks.  I also think you are being generous by saying we will score 13.  Maybe we will. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 10:08:13 AM »
Just a few:

WVU 55

OU 35

Can't recall ever seeing a more putrid Sooner defense in my lifetime. And I'm old. WVU can score and at least play a little D. Not much.

tOSU 27

Meatchicken 24

Until Harbaugh proves he can get over the hump, I'm sticking with the Buckeyes, who keep finding ways to win.  Plus, Michigan has struggled a bit lately. 

GT 28

FUGA 27

Upset special. Truthfully, I don't believe it will actually happen.  But the Jackets have ripped that heart out many times in the past and nothing would give me chub like a win over STD University.  It all comes down to whether FUGA has properly prepared for that option.  It's like the announcers were saying in the Citadel/Bama game...how do you prepare for it when you never see it and have no way to simulate it during the week. 

UF  35

FSU 21

If Go Gaytah wins this game, it will be the quietest 9-3 regular season I can recall.  And they've done it without a QB performing at even a half way decent level.  It looks like Mullen may be off to the races if he does land a big time signal caller.

Crapstoned  38

War Eagles 17

Again, I look at this going pretty much by the same script as AU/FUGA.  Competitive for a while.  Some of the freshmen give some hope for the future, but Lord Saybinz bankrolled boys taking control.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 01:27:51 PM »
College Foosball Karma Gods       589
Buzz                                          0
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 01:49:11 PM »
Same.  I disagree with your Vandy and A&M picks.  I also think you are being generous by saying we will score 13.  Maybe we will.
This. But I do think WSU takes care of business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 04:40:50 PM »
This^^. Disagree with your Vandy pick. Agree with your A&M pick.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 02:53:40 PM »
College Foosball Karma Gods      589
Buzz                                          0
And I took you to cover, too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 12:45:51 AM »
If you had told me it was going to be a blizzard, I would have gone with Washington.
Hard to sling it around in a whiteout!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 12:23:15 PM »
Not bad Six....you were off on your numbers a bit but 11-2 SU
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions