Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Not to Worry, we will be better next year! The Future is Bright!

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Not to Worry, we will be better next year! The Future is Bright!
« on: November 19, 2018, 03:02:52 PM »
After 2013 season:  https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20140111/SPORTS/801259590 "“The future’s bright. That’s what I told our team last night, that the groundwork’s laid and the future’s bright and we’re looking forward,” Malzahn said on Friday. “I’m excited. Once I get over the feeling of when you lose a championship game that close, you put that behind you and move forward. We’ll work extremely hard to get back there and try to redeem ourselves."

After 2014 season:  https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/11/gus_malzahn_future_is_bright_f.html ""Here's the deal with our goal," Malzahn said. "Our goal was to win 10 games and we didn't do it. We're going to go to a bowl and we'll do everything in our power to lead these seniors out. But I will tell you this: the future is bright. We'll rebound and we'll be ready next year.""

After 2015 season:  https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/i...malzahn_believes_future_bright_at_auburn.html ""As far as the future goes, the future is going to be very bright at Auburn," Malzahn said. "This bowl game we're playing a very good team, and our goal is to win a bowl game, to get some momentum. If you look at our roster, we have a lot of young guys that will come back. Recruiting is going very well. Even though this year we had some losses, they were close, so that just tells me that it's going to be a short period of time we're going to get this thing going in the right direction.""

After 2016 season:  https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/11/live_updates_gus_malzahn_discu_1.html "-- On offensive woes (two of three worst outputs of Malzahn's career in last three games): Says team was banged up, but young and talented and has a bright future."

After 2017 season:  https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/12/gus_malzahn_future_stability.html ""I'm very blessed to be the head coach of the Auburn Tigers," Malzahn said. "I'm really looking forward to the future. Any time you have stability, especially in this day and time in college football, I think it gives you an advantage. We've got a very stable program right now. The future's very bright. I think it does nothing but help with all of the above.""

I'm still waiting on when we will get better and to see this bright future.  I don't think there is enough time to go back and find out how many times we had a good week in practice.  :sad:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 03:04:33 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Not to Worry, we will be better next year! The Future is Bright!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 03:19:56 PM »
Here's a live look inside the Auburn Athletic Complex as Gus Malzahn wears shades to guard against all that brightness and considers the future. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 03:20:35 PM »
Image result for Wearing shades images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 03:23:44 PM »
Honestly?  

That's the most discouraging thing I've read in a long time.  

It clearly exhibits his utter lack of cognizance.  Clueless. Unaware. Without rudder. Without direction. Without hope or plan. 

I've heard the son of a bitch say "we're gonna get this thing turned around" so often that I want to punch him in the gizzard.  Hard.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 03:37:26 PM »
Honestly? 

It clearly exhibits his utter lack of cognizance.  Clueless. Unaware. Without rudder. Without direction. Without hope or plan.

I've heard the son of a bitch say "we're gonna get this thing turned around" so often that I want to punch him in the gizzard.  Hard. 
That's the case with everything for Gus as far as interaction with the media.  He has a list of about 7-8 coach speak phrases that he regurgitates every time he has a mic in his face.  He says nothing over and over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 03:41:32 PM »
That's the case with everything for Gus as far as interaction with the media.  He has a list of about 7-8 coach speak phrases that he regurgitates every time he has a mic in his face.  He says nothing over and over.
Gus is a replicant, you say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 03:49:25 PM »
Pretty sure he said it last week to fill out the 2018 edition of this game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 04:01:35 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 04:52:35 PM »
Honestly? 

That is why I posted it. 

I was blown away last week when he said the future is bright.  Really?  Since when?  Can he be any more clueless?

I am at the point that I don't care to watch.  I didn't watch one down this weekend.  One of my co-workers today said it was "Iron Bowl and Fuck Bama" week.  I just said "whatever" and walked to my cube.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 12:32:35 PM »
After 2013 season:  https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20140111/SPORTS/801259590 "“The future’s bright. That’s what I told our team last night, that the groundwork’s laid and the future’s bright and we’re looking forward,” Malzahn said on Friday. “I’m excited. Once I get over the feeling of when you lose a championship game that close, you put that behind you and move forward. We’ll work extremely hard to get back there and try to redeem ourselves."

After 2014 season:  https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/11/gus_malzahn_future_is_bright_f.html ""Here's the deal with our goal," Malzahn said. "Our goal was to win 10 games and we didn't do it. We're going to go to a bowl and we'll do everything in our power to lead these seniors out. But I will tell you this: the future is bright. We'll rebound and we'll be ready next year.""

After 2015 season:  https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/i...malzahn_believes_future_bright_at_auburn.html ""As far as the future goes, the future is going to be very bright at Auburn," Malzahn said. "This bowl game we're playing a very good team, and our goal is to win a bowl game, to get some momentum. If you look at our roster, we have a lot of young guys that will come back. Recruiting is going very well. Even though this year we had some losses, they were close, so that just tells me that it's going to be a short period of time we're going to get this thing going in the right direction.""

After 2016 season:  https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/11/live_updates_gus_malzahn_discu_1.html "-- On offensive woes (two of three worst outputs of Malzahn's career in last three games): Says team was banged up, but young and talented and has a bright future."

After 2017 season:  https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/12/gus_malzahn_future_stability.html ""I'm very blessed to be the head coach of the Auburn Tigers," Malzahn said. "I'm really looking forward to the future. Any time you have stability, especially in this day and time in college football, I think it gives you an advantage. We've got a very stable program right now. The future's very bright. I think it does nothing but help with all of the above.""

I'm still waiting on when we will get better and to see this bright future.  I don't think there is enough time to go back and find out how many times we had a good week in practice.  :sad:
This is a great fucking post, this is getting pinned to the top until he is fired.

You forgot this year:
Before Liberty game prior to ending of the 2018 season: https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/11/gus-malzahn-very-confident-auburns-offense-will-be-better-in-2019.html
“No matter who our quarterback, we’re going to be better on offense,” Malzahn said, “and I’m very confident that we’ll be really good on offense next year.” â€œWe are extremely youthful, I think that’s fair to say, but the majority of our guys are coming back next year,” Malzahn said. “That’s going to be a really good thing as far as some of the growing pains we’ve experienced this year. "
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 06:51:17 PM »
This is a great fucking post, this is getting pinned to the top until he is fired.

You forgot this year:
Before Liberty game prior to ending of the 2018 season: https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/11/gus-malzahn-very-confident-auburns-offense-will-be-better-in-2019.html
“No matter who our quarterback, we’re going to be better on offense,” Malzahn said, “and I’m very confident that we’ll be really good on offense next year.” “We are extremely youthful, I think that’s fair to say, but the majority of our guys are coming back next year,” Malzahn said. “That’s going to be a really good thing as far as some of the growing pains we’ve experienced this year. "
Fuck him.

Sick of his quotes. Sick of his pressers. Same shit every time. Nothing changes. I literally get sick to my stomach listening to the clown. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bgreene

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 11:17:22 AM »
Fuck him.

Sick of his quotes. Sick of his pressers. Same shit every time. Nothing changes. I literally get sick to my stomach listening to the clown.

Post of 2018 award goes to GH
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 01:11:42 PM »
FYI, quit reading this stupid shit. I mean, come on guys. The only reason I even go to al.com is for HS football scores and done. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 01:14:51 PM »
FYI, quit reading this stupid shit. I mean, come on guys. The only reason I even go to al.com is for HS football scores and done.
It's not who printed it.  It's what Gus continually says.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »
It's not who printed it.  It's what Gus continually says.
I get it but I've known for years that anything printed outside Auburn has a Crimson flavor....even sometimes inside Auburn. Idk, just aggravated with the way things have been. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 01:27:06 PM »

Someone on the townhallsavoy Redditz actually compiled it from what I’ve gathered. It’s made it’s way to more major outlets since. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 03:10:54 PM »
Why y'all worried?  Gus got this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 03:48:11 PM »
Why y'all worried?  Gus got this.
The future is bright we are close!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 04:04:20 PM »
The future is bright we are close!
If it weren't for all this youth...but they gonna be better next year. 
Kelly Bryant is a good as gone to Arkansas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 04:32:51 PM »
If it weren't for all this youth...but they gonna be better next year.
Kelly Bryant is a good as gone to Arkansas.
We ain't need no Kellen Bryan.  We got...um...we got...wait, please don't go pro Jarrett.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.