Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2018-19 AU Basketball Thread with NIT Tournament Aspirations!

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The Official 2018-19 AU Basketball Thread with Final 4 Aspirations!
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2018, 01:02:24 AM »
When Bryce is on we are very good. This was just one of those games where he struggled but to his credit he fought his ass off on defense.
Glad we had Harper to take it to the hole and get to the line.

Just one of those games where the other team as you noted is making ridiculous shots and you have to find a way.
True. But Wiley pretty much had his way underneath. We had too many guys keep trying threes when we should have fed him more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2018, 10:38:46 AM »
True. But Wiley pretty much had his way underneath. We had too many guys keep trying threes when we should have fed him more.
This.  We were much bigger and more athletic under the rim and we should have been leaning on that inside presence more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2018, 11:03:19 AM »
This.  We were much bigger and more athletic under the rim and we should have been leaning on that inside presence more.
Definitely in agreement here.  I know it sounds crazy complaining about anything concerning AU basketball when we're 9-1 and top 10.  But, I'm still less than impressed with the offense we run.  It basically comes down to the first open 3, by the first open man, regardless of who it is.  The only other option is Harper or Brown driving the lane to shoot or dish it.  Harper was the only guy on his game Saturday and he saved our ass.

They have a 6'11" 270 lb. center and really don't have any sets to post him up.  It's the same offense Pearl has been running since he got here.  The difference is he's recruited his ass off and we have much better players running it.  I can live with it after the last 16 or 17 years of AU basketball.  As I said earlier though, the one thing you can count on is this team getting after that ass on defense.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2018, 03:44:30 PM »
The big kid is 95.267 monster dunks.
Have seen a little jump hook inside six feet and one face-up jumper from about 10 in all of the highlights. Doesn't have much of a left hand or a smooth stroke from the stripe which limits his effectiveness.
Seems to know we live by transition and one or two passes beyond three pointers which doesn't allow him to get on the block and call for the ball.

Wiley defends the basket well, works for rebounds and gets put backs but we don't have sets called for him ($1 to Snags) and when the game is on the line and we're inbounding we really have three that need the ball in their hands.
Bryce has found him in the paint a few times off of long rebounds but not much otherwise.
Wiley is currently averaging 10 points and 6 rebounds. All good!

I think once Purifoy gets acclimated at small forward and builds his minutes he's gonna get us 14 and 4 and we might end up gradually building a higher point total as a team. Dunbar is playing really well so it remains to be seen how this works out.

Okeke and Spencer can combine for 15 and 10 however their minutes are divided.

Would like to see Pearl give Doughty and McCormick more minutes heading into conference play for Brown and Harper who are both over 30+ minutes a game right now.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 03:51:00 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2018, 08:27:58 PM »
Huge test tomorrow.  Heading to NC State to face the 9-1 Wolfpack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2018, 08:43:58 PM »
Huge test tomorrow.  Heading to NC State to face the 9-1 Wolfpack.
I think this should be a win. Lots of fans melting down about UAB. In pre game vid Pearl told them they are going to get exposed by them. Expect it to come to last shot.
 That's what we got. I feel he got exposed also and is none too happy. Could be a game for the ages.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2018, 12:36:42 AM »
I think this should be a win. Lots of fans melting down about UAB. In pre game vid Pearl told them they are going to get exposed by them. Expect it to come to last shot.
 That's what we got. I feel he got exposed also and is none too happy. Could be a game for the ages.
Agree.
We have a very tough schedule but it's what you want if you want to go deep.
UAB is a good team. NC State is another worthy matchup to see how we react and it's not the worst thing to get that ass exposed a time or two just to know what not to do. Too often it's the untested teams that go unbeaten or lose one only to get exposed early in the tournament.
Snag's made mention of Pearl not having sets called for Wiley. He should experiment even moreso with combos to see what turns up. Right now the only thing I see is some basic pick and roll stuff.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 01:29:15 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2018, 11:46:16 PM »
Bryce Brown a no show again. If he's not in, we out!
We lose 78-71.

If McCormick learns to shoot the three, he will be a freak. The kid is FAST!

Still trying to figure out how to out all the pieces together. I hope we figure it out before it's too late!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2018, 01:43:32 AM »
Bryce Brown a no show again. If he's not in, we out!
We lose 78-71.

If McCormick learns to shoot the three, he will be a freak. The kid is FAST!

Still trying to figure out how to out all the pieces together. I hope we figure it out before it's too late!
Heron is sorely missed. Maybe a 10 man rotation isn't the answer? Also, Okeke has got to grow up.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:48:12 AM by chityeah »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2018, 07:14:50 AM »
The encouraging thing to remember here is that there are not but a handful of teams that could play so carelessly bad and still fight back within striking distance against a good opponent on their floor. And they are merely good but not THAT GOOD!

There's no flow in a offense that keeps throwing the ball away plus we were cold from the onset. They defended the ball well out high and we went to the paint successfully it just wasn't good enough. 
Nothing to be alarmed about.
Only the end of the world in football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2018, 08:21:07 AM »
The encouraging thing to remember here is that there are not but a handful of teams that could play so carelessly bad and still fight back within striking distance against a good opponent on their floor. And they are merely good but not THAT GOOD!

There's no flow in a offense that keeps throwing the ball away plus we were cold from the onset. They defended the ball well out high and we went to the paint successfully it just wasn't good enough.
Nothing to be alarmed about.
Only the end of the world in football.
Can't believe I'm saying this but read that ^^^^^  up there ^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2018, 07:13:51 PM »
#firebrucepearl
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2018, 09:13:46 PM »
Yes.  Fire Bruce now.  On another note with my Dookies.  Watching them beat undefeated Texas Tech.  TT is good but Duke is the most talented....and most selfish team I've ever seen.  It's like Coach Rat Face has just decided to say fuck it.  I've got these guys for 1 year.  Roll it out there and let them ball the way they want to.  Its BS ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2018, 01:52:30 AM »
On another note with my Dookies. 

Hey, fucko...this is the Auburn thread.

Tobacco road trash can be discussed in the non-pinned threads.

You've been moderated!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2018, 06:57:35 AM »
You've been moderated!
Yeah you uppity bastard...MODERhated!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2018, 08:29:37 AM »
Can't believe I'm saying this but read that ^^^^^  up there ^^^
27 turnovers. Cold from the 3 pt line. Still a chance to win it. Against a team that is prob top 15. On their floor. Have to agree here. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2018, 09:52:08 AM »

Hey, fucko...this is the Auburn thread.

Tobacco road trash can be discussed in the non-pinned threads.

You've been moderated!
Duke is one of Auburn's opponents this year.

Do some research.

smh

Lemmy is dead.

And I don't feel so good myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2018, 07:24:38 PM »
Sloppy play down the stretch just about but the Tigers in the ass.  Turnover after turnover.  But...10-2.  Definitely take that all day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2018, 09:15:29 AM »
I tried listening to the AU/Murray State, I could only stand about 5 minutes of Bramlett.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2018, 01:28:58 PM »
So the War Eagles punished North Florida 95-49 Saturday to finish the non-conference schedule at 11-2 and ranked #12.  They get almost two weeks off before opening the SEC slate on the road against the Ackbar Landshark Bears.

This was by far the toughest OOC schedule I can ever recall Auburn playing and coming out of it with that record and ranking is pretty damn skippy.  I'm happy for the time off because despite the easy win Saturday, they were playing some sloppy, turnover-ridden ball down the stretch. 

To the Fighting Pearls.  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions