Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2018-19 AU Basketball Thread with NIT Tournament Aspirations!

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
That was the crappiest 20 seconds EVER! 

If grabbing Harper wasn’t a flagrant, then that last shot was no foul!

Helluva team. Helluva game. 

Here’s to what could have been!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
It was no foul.  

I know the rule is don’t blame the refs but my god.  They let them push off, hammer us inside and take five or six steps in the paint all night long.  

I’m pretty down.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Fuck fucking fuck georgia! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
Refs missed a double dribble before all that happened even the announcers and their officiating guru said the refs missed the call.
Virginia doesn’t deserve to go to the big game.
By the way......Fuck georgia 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

jmar

Never heard a broadcast crew that couldn't even muster fake happiness in an outcome. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Fuck Virginia.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
You could use the film on the double dribble as a tutorial for Junior High refs.  Make the most obvious call in history and the game is over.  We earned the win and got FUCKED!!!!  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

That was the crappiest 20 seconds EVER!

If grabbing Harper wasn’t a flagrant, then that last shot was no foul!

Helluva team. Helluva game.

Here’s to what could have been!
It's gonna leave a scar but I would take another if we could get that far again.
Fucking hard having to beat everybody but Golden State to get there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

You could use the film on the double dribble as a tutorial for Junior High refs.  Make the most obvious call in history and the game is over.  We earned the win and got FUCKED!!!! 
Have never seen a broadcast team roll out proof of a missed call (double dribble) when it could have just ignored it as if it never happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
8 on 5 is a tough row to hoe.  Had to protect that 1 seed I guess.

It's going to take a while for me to get over this one...and I wasn't on the court.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 10:07:24 PM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

8 on 5 is a tough row to hoe.  Had to protect that 1 seed I guess.

It's going to take a while for me to get over this one...and I wasn't on the court.
"There are places in Alabama where they still get ringworm- 
Acacio-Cortez.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
"There are places in Alabama where they still get ringworm- 
Acacio-Cortez.
Fuck her.  (I probably would but I’d never vote for her).  And fuck Virginia.  

Im flu tuTIng between pissed and despondent. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
I shut the Twitter machine down shortly after that. (Well, after I saw a bunch of wrestlers beat the hell out of the idiot that tried to tackle Bret The Hitman Hart at the WWE HoF ceremonies.) Didn't need the braying chorus of Bammers in the timeline. Signed into Facebook to see pictures of my wife's half marathon from yesterday. Was greeted by my braying and finger-wagging Bammers. Looked at photos and deactivated account again.

Why does that fan base get off on misery everywhere else? I don't care for Clemson nor Dabo and didn't give two cares who won that game, but I get why so many people tuned in to see that beating on live television.

Bammers: a-holes when they win and a-holes when they lose. Just like modern Democrats. fudge whoever that triggers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
That was a bullshit ending to an historic run.  I hate it for the kids that it had to end on the incompetence of the refs and not the relative merits of the team.

That said, one more made bucket at any point in the game and we are still playing. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
I thought I would feel better today.  

I don't. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8

I don't.
Nope. Worse actually. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

That was a bullshit ending to an historic run.  I hate it for the kids that it had to end on the incompetence of the refs and not the relative merits of the team.

That said, one more made bucket at any point in the game and we are still playing.
All true. 
We had the best overall team in the field and should be in the championship game Monday night.

I just can't get over the fact that they showed us that missed call after the fact when the foul on the three point attempt was all the focus during the heat of the battle. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.

I don't.
I'm fucking still pissed and drained. Iron Bowls don't take that much out of me (damn I'm old). My girlfriend, yes I have an Auburn girlfriend, NEVER watches BB and now she never wants to watch another Auburn BB game. She is officially drained too.

SHIT!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 11:03:52 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Got in the truck this morning just in time to listen to two ESPN yahoos gloating and ridiculing the "drunk Auburn fans" who woke up this morning and thought they'd won the game.  And then a lengthy explanation of why it was a foul.  And maybe it was.  But they hadn't called anything close to that all game.  They let those assclowns hammer away on us under the basket and knock three point shooters to the ground.  You can't call that on the last play.  You just can't.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Ticky tack call at best.  They had been letting everybody play physical all night which I'm fine with but keep it consistent. 

What a great run for a team that believed in itself and I am reminded of Pat Dye's talk in the locker room after the Tennessee game

Let me tell you how much class we have in a coach.  Which one of us would have been able to stomach being around ANYONE after that game?  Coach Pearl was.  My sister was able to go to the game and after the heartbreak of ours stayed for the TT vs MSU game (GUNS UP!)  When she got back to the team hotel who do you think was hanging around in the lobby thanking all of our family that made the trip?  That's right, coach Pearl.  He is Auburn family and can we really ask for anything else?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."