Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

DoubleBubble Double-Speak

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
DoubleBubble Double-Speak
« on: November 04, 2018, 03:44:54 PM »
He said that Jarrett Stidham had more options in those last two drives.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/11/live-updates-gus-malzahn-breaks-down-auburns-comeback-win-vs-texas-am.html#incart_river_index

Haven't we been hearing all offseason that JS would be freed up to audible at the line?  Is this an admission that they finally uncuffed him or an acknowledgment that the play calling was dramatically altered on those drives?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: DoubleBubble Double-Speak
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 04:59:39 PM »
He said that Jarrett Stidham had more options in those last two drives.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/11/live-updates-gus-malzahn-breaks-down-auburns-comeback-win-vs-texas-am.html#incart_river_index

Haven't we been hearing all offseason that JS would be freed up to audible at the line?  Is this an admission that they finally uncuffed him or an acknowledgment that the play calling was dramatically altered on those drives?
Hard to figure what to read into that statement.  Could mean a lot of things.  As crazy as this sounds after amassing only about 280 yards of total offense, yesterday was about  taking on a problem I've never seen under Malzahn.  Entering a game against a quality opponent with ZERO running game.  They knew it.  They didn't even try to establish a running game between the tackles. 

They had to rely on getting the ball to playmakers in space.  Tried it, unsuccessfully, on the first two plays of the game in jet sweeps to May the Schwartz Be With You.  They failed but I wasn't pissed because that was the right thing to do.  I think you have to keep in mind that EVERYTHING in Malzahn's offense is predicated on being able to run the ball effectively.  That wasn't even an option yesterday.  They had to go out of the box.  It took them most of the game to figure it out but when they did, it looked pretty good. 

If the Boobs is not 100% from this point forward, I would have no problem going all Mike Leach and Washington State the rest of the way.  5 wide.  Get the ball out quick.  Let the ballers ball.  Because straight up, we have no chance against Fuck Georgia and even less than no chance against The Machine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 07:57:36 PM »
Hard to figure what to read into that statement.  Could mean a lot of things.  As crazy as this sounds after amassing only about 280 yards of total offense, yesterday was about  taking on a problem I've never seen under Malzahn.  Entering a game against a quality opponent with ZERO running game.  They knew it.  They didn't even try to establish a running game between the tackles. 

They had to rely on getting the ball to playmakers in space.  Tried it, unsuccessfully, on the first two plays of the game in jet sweeps to May the Schwartz Be With You.  They failed but I wasn't pissed because that was the right thing to do.  I think you have to keep in mind that EVERYTHING in Malzahn's offense is predicated on being able to run the ball effectively.  That wasn't even an option yesterday.  They had to go out of the box.  It took them most of the game to figure it out but when they did, it looked pretty good. 

If the Boobs is not 100% from this point forward, I would have no problem going all Mike Leach and Washington State the rest of the way.  5 wide.  Get the ball out quick.  Let the ballers ball.  Because straight up, we have no chance against Fuck Georgia and even less than no chance against The Machine.

He speaks for all of us
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 01:21:07 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 01:54:56 PM »
no.
Damn it, yes I do.  Now Doug, when I snap my fingers, you're going to clean my gutters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 02:50:37 PM »
no.
So what if I told you.....there isn’t really any other option. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 03:13:10 PM »
So what if I told you.....there isn’t really any other option.
and what if I told you it doesn't really matter.....because Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 03:36:45 PM »

Isn't it sad how this, which was once a show of power, has been reduced to a meme of ridicule? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 06:09:54 PM »

Isn't it sad how this, which was once a show of power, has been reduced to a meme of ridicule?
Another broken down running back. 

Yeah sorry, but that's how we get to boom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 06:58:07 PM »

I think we may agree. Maybe. Sort of. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 09:59:32 AM »
Damn it, yes I do.  Now Doug, when I snap my fingers, you're going to clean my gutters.
Make me a frittata
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.