Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts Week XVIIXVI

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Thoughts Week XVIIXVI
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2018, 09:55:49 AM »
And the sunshine pumpers response is so obvious it hurts.

"Well if you don't support the team and enjoy the win, you don't love Auburn!"
"Don't criticize the team or the coaches then celebrate this victory. You don't deserve to."
"Why don't you just go root for Bammer?!?"
No Creed references?  They slippin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 10:06:14 AM »
No Creed references?  They slippin.
I believe...Auburn gonna' get dat ass whooped, Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 10:40:41 AM »
He scored a rushing TD Saturday.
Cox only ran for over 100 yards in A-Day and yes I know it's A-Day but give the dude a chance.  He makes things happen when catching the ball, and we never get it to him.  He could be like a regular Mike Alstott. God knows he's faster than Miller.

But nooooooo cause Gus.

Speaking of Miller does he run in slow motion?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2018, 10:43:25 AM »
 I believe in offense...a slow offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2018, 01:24:12 PM »
Cox only ran for over 100 yards in A-Day and yes I know it's A-Day but give the dude a chance.  He makes things happen when catching the ball, and we never get it to him.  He could be like a regular Mike Alstott. God knows he's faster than Miller.

But nooooooo cause Gus.

Speaking of Miller does he run in slow motion? 

Thats what a guy at joes asked me sat. 

“How come gus don’t run dat white boy more? What his name is - Cameron, chandler? That boy can move. He musta made Gus mad”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2018, 01:56:53 PM »
You people are delusional.  We need to save Cox for the Whirley Bird against Bama.  They'll never see it coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »
Okay, so word on the streets is Lindsey out and Freeze in at OC. 

Oh what the hell am I saying?  I have no skreetz and just made that up. 

But...would Gus do that?  Bring his good friend out of exile?  If he is coming back next year, I truly believe he guts the offensive staff and does something drastic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 02:54:11 PM »
Okay, so word on the streets is Lindsey out and Freeze in at OC.

Oh what the hell am I saying?  I have no skreetz and just made that up.

But...would Gus do that?  Bring his good friend out of exile?  If he is coming back next year, I truly believe he guts the offensive staff and does something drastic.

Heard it last night and then finebaum is on jox this morning swearing it’s happening. Wouldn’t surprise me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 03:14:08 PM »
Heard it last night and then finebaum is on jox this morning swearing it’s happening. Wouldn’t surprise me.
Uh.... I believe we all said this about 3 weeks ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 03:21:46 PM »
I'd rather have Hugh Jackman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 03:22:28 PM »
1. SEC vetoed Freeze being hired by Bama as a peon consultant (like Botch Jones).  Why would they greenlight him to us?  

2. Do we want another glorified high school coach (fraud) on staff running anything?  Really?  We've got Shiloh Christian Sam, a couple of his buddies, some juiced up GAs, and a monkey with blueballs already there.  Where is Gus ever going to learn how to be a true head coach if he's surrounds himself with sycophants that add nothing to his growth?  

3. Freeze is a branded cheater with wobbly morals.  Has he been brought to earth by the disgrace that was heaped on him?  I've seen no indication of it.  He's still oozing smarmy piety.  His Tweeter is loaded with spiritual cheese.  Look, I don't begrudge anyone their faith.  I've got my own.  But I KNOW guys like this.  His Tweetzer profile reads: Husband to a wonderful wife, Dad of 3 awesome kids, child of the One True and most Amazing God.  Those are words.  Words belied by actions.  I know another complete bucket of shit whose FB and Twitter profile reads almost exactly like that. He's one of the worst human beings I know.  And he constantly spouts "God is Good" stuff all day long.  I'm sorry, but I'm not buying the snake oil skizzled out by Freeze.  

4. I don't think he's a good coach. He's a Gus-lite wannabe who sold his soul for a good recruiting class and a handful of meaningless wins. 

I can occasionally be wrong. But I don't want this.  It will be just another step in the wrong direction.  It will be a public relations disaster and it won't yield any positive fruit.  

I do not want.  

Put that on the record, please.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 03:23:32 PM »
I'd rather have Hugh Jackman.
Didn't know he was an option...Gotta believe that we are gonna get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct when his knives come out over a bad call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2018, 03:24:55 PM »
Didn't know he was an option...Gotta believe that we are gonna get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct when his knives come out over a bad call.
The silly pouf would probably just sing about it.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »
1. SEC vetoed Freeze being hired by Bama as a peon consultant (like Botch Jones).  Why would they greenlight him to us? 

I don't really give a fuck... because Gus.  To me he could possibly be at least somewhat fun while we wait to buy out the current regime.

Regarding 1 above, they didn't veto Freeze they strongly suggested to Saban that he does not hire him and Saban complied. The letter was tersely written.  I say fuck you SEC.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:26:55 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2018, 04:39:00 PM »

2. Do we want another glorified high school coach (fraud) on staff running anything?  Really?  We've got Shiloh Christian Sam, a couple of his buddies, some juiced up GAs, and a monkey with blueballs already there.  Where is Gus ever going to learn how to be a true head coach if he's surrounds himself with sycophants that add nothing to his growth? 

3. Freeze is a branded cheater with wobbly morals.  Has he been brought to earth by the disgrace that was heaped on him?  I've seen no indication of it.  He's still oozing smarmy piety.  His Tweeter is loaded with spiritual cheese.  Look, I don't begrudge anyone their faith.  I've got my own.  But I KNOW guys like this.  His Tweetzer profile reads: Husband to a wonderful wife, Dad of 3 awesome kids, child of the One True and most Amazing God.  Those are words.  Words belied by actions.  I know another complete bucket of shit whose FB and Twitter profile reads almost exactly like that. He's one of the worst human beings I know.  And he constantly spouts "God is Good" stuff all day long.  I'm sorry, but I'm not buying the snake oil skizzled out by Freeze. 

4. I don't think he's a good coach. He's a Gus-lite wannabe who sold his soul for a good recruiting class and a handful of meaningless wins.

I can occasionally be wrong. But I don't want this.  It will be just another step in the wrong direction.  It will be a public relations disaster and it won't yield any positive fruit. 

I do not want. 

Put that on the record, please. 
Agree with most of this.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2018, 05:26:30 PM »
The complete lack of a running game is astounding.  In what universe do we rush for 19 motherfucking yards?  The OL is a clusterfuck of talent and skill deficiencies.

Running Boobie out as a hobbled decoy behind that sieve?  Cruel and unusual.

The officiating was, again, garbage.  The phantom PI and ensuing phantom touchdown left me speechless for a solid 22 seconds.  Then I promptly returned to explaining to the ref exactly how he could remove and consume his own shriveled manhood.

Ryan Davis is too experienced to field that fucking ball on the two...but Imma let that slide given his electric receptions and touchdown throw.  Fuck it, let's Nick Marshall the offense with RD. 

It was shocking, at first, to see the ball thrown accurately...to a receiver who caught the ball with his hands, often over/around coverage.  I'm not sure what happened towards the end of the 3rd quarter, but something shifted from a concentration/focus perspective.  The execution improved dramatically and there finally seemed to be a sense of urgency on the offensive side of the ball.

The defense deserves kudos for playing at a high level despite getting zero assistance from the other half of their team.  They played hard and I noticed a lot of underclassmen playing.  Some of them may have played some previously, but today was the first day that I consistently saw guys like Miller, Tutt, and Wooten.  They struggled with Williams, but nearly everyone does. 

The secondary is starting to develop an attitude with Thomas and Dinson forming a fucking nasty duo.  It looked like they heard the entire A&M WR corps had been talking shit about their grandmas.  I'm positively shocked that neither caught a targeting call yesterday.  Not because I believe they were targeting, but the enforcement of that rule has come to mean that it's called when "the hit looks aggressive and the crowd roars."

All in all, a lucky win.  Without the early turnover and short-field touchdown, the offense might not have had enough time to find its groove and post the comeback.  This shit will obviously not be successful against UGA or Bama and, if they fiddle-fuck around too long, might not not beat Liberty.
Dude, like this is so dead on as GH said. I mean, as I've reluctant to say a damn thing about Auburn football, I read this and its so fn in line.

Auburn is such in a weird ass place right now; like I've never really seen before. NO RUN GAME?! WTF! Crazy as hell. But, BUT, even as a youth football coach you have to figure your damn strengths and let the chips fall where they may. YOUTH F>O>O>T>B>A>L>L!

Sorry, not sorry, for the outburst, but damn guys, this some craziness. Auburn has loads of talent, its just not being orchestrated it should. Those last 6 to 7 mins of the A&M game was actually the most exciting football I've seen from Auburn this year. Like a fn epiphany happened on the sidelines from Auburns Gustavo.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:05:57 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2018, 05:50:01 PM »
Wishful thinking by jmar.

Since running the ball and stopping the run results in more wins that's what we should want. Keep the ball away from the other team. Keeps you in the discussion anyway. As of right now we have statues up front and should move Grimes. Know he's a friend of the family but we aren't improving plus he isn't going to lure more talent to Auburn.
Probably can't get aging, abusive Rick Trickett but there has to be a badassed triple option line coach available to get the most out of our group up front.
Don't know what to say about Chip but Gus has to hold people accountable  (fall guy) for his unforgivable failures.
Kodi should also be cut loose but something tells me he's going to be a constant Gardner. :rimshot:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2018, 06:53:16 PM »
Uh.... I believe we all said this about 3 weeks ago.
No doubt but...

Think up a notch on the rumor meter.

Mainly I think because of this: the sanction train has left the station officially. 

The Ole Miss-NCAA issue ended last week, as the school announced the NCAA has made its final decision on the school’s appeal following the 2018 bowl ban and recruiting restrictions. The 2018 bowl ban remains, but the ban on unofficial visits to campus for prospects has been removed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2018, 08:04:50 PM »
You know who is a great fucking runner we never use....Chandler "Motherfucking" Cox.  Gus is an idiot.

Those that think we have a chance against FUGA I snicker, because we are going to be ass raped by them and bama.  We should beat Liberty.  I'm happy we won, but we shouldn't have.
Yup. I would like to see more of Cox carrying the load...wait that came out wrong, ...but whatever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2018, 08:39:16 PM »
Yup. I would like to see more of Cox carrying the load...wait that came out wrong, ...but whatever.
Why not? He's pretty quick and definitely a load to bring down. Good receiver and blocker. We don't use a tight end so it would seem a good trade off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions