Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Don't Bring Me Down

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Don't Bring Me Down
« on: October 23, 2018, 03:22:14 PM »
Jeff Lynne's ELO Tour coming to America next year.  

Love ELO.  They're one of those bands who have a ton of good music but never had a #1 single.  (Also in this club: Journey, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Metallica, RHCP, Springsteen, Dylan, Steely Dan, Kansas, Sabbath, Green Day, CCR, Bad Company and, yes, KISS).  

So in celebration of the upcoming tour I decided to let Alexa buzz me some ELO music.  Heard Last Train to London and said to myself, "damn.  Heatwave ripped off ELO when they did Boogie Nights

ELO:

Heatwave:

But WAIT A DAMN MINUITE!  Boogie Nights came out in 1977.  Last Train to London was released in 1979.  

So now I'm bummed out.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Don't Bring Me Down
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 03:34:38 PM »
This just popped up in my email about tickets.  Not sure I will make a July 5th concert though
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 03:58:00 PM »
This just popped up in my email about tickets.  Not sure I will make a July 5th concert though
Not sure I want to watch a song stealer.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
Not sure I want to watch a song stealer. 
They could have paid for the rights to use the riff.  Hard to imagine something so blatantly similar being ignored by the original artists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 06:42:29 PM »
Good old 70s rock still exists. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 11:26:13 PM »
Here's a retro act I would actually agree with you about catching.  Love some Jeff Lynn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 12:51:59 AM »
Here's a retro act I would actually agree with you about catching.  Love some Jeff Lynn.
Road trip?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 09:05:45 AM »
Was at the 1978 concert in Birmingham and it was one of my favorites. Great set list, terrific light show and energy.  

A decade later Lynne was the nexus of the Wilbury's having produced for Harrison while working with Orbison on an album. It was welcomed therapy from some of the lingering terminal effects caused by disco.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 09:34:54 AM »
Was at the 1978 concert in Birmingham and it was one of my favorites. Great set list, terrific light show and energy. 

A decade later Lynne was the nexus of the Wilbury's having produced for Harrison while working with Orbison on an album. It was welcomed therapy from some of the lingering terminal effects caused by disco. 
Yeah. I tried to get to that show, but my big Wheel would not make it!

Damn you old!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 01:27:00 PM »
Yeah. I tried to get to that show, but my big Wheel would not make it!

Damn you old!
Yeah just turned 60. Had a good job at 18 which allowed me to see quite a few concerts that came through. Bob Seger and Tom Petty are two of the best shows I couldn't make. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 03:51:10 PM »
Was at the 1978 concert in Birmingham and it was one of my favorites. Great set list, terrific light show and energy. 

A decade later Lynne was the nexus of the Wilbury's having produced for Harrison while working with Orbison on an album. It was welcomed therapy from some of the lingering terminal effects caused by disco. 
Now that petty has died only two wilburys left 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 04:00:33 PM »
Now that petty has died only two wilburys left
And they are too old to travel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 04:04:22 PM »
And they are too old to travel.
1 apparently isn’t. 

And I had Dylan tickets for bham a year or two ago and sold them. Regretted it ever since. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE