Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Where is the fire?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Where is the fire?
« on: October 14, 2018, 02:33:50 PM »
Where is the anger? The outrage? The fury? 

Has the constant roller coaster circus of the Malzahn era beaten that out of us? Has the relentless dominance of Saban’s teams taken the fun out of the game to the point we don’t care any longer? 

We are getting CLOWNED by joke coaches, mediocre programs and punk fanbases.  

Maybe we can’t personally pay his buyout.  Maybe we don’t have the ear of the President.  But should we just sit back and take this shit?  

I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture on somebody’s part! 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: Where is the fire?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 02:37:32 PM »
I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture on somebody’s part!
I would say WE!!! but all his pants are on the roof. So I guess it’s up to Buzz. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 04:22:17 PM »
This is all Tommy Tuberville's fault. If he hadn't checked out and left it to the BBQ boys to handle things (when they clearly weren't) and hadn't introduced Tony Franklin into a coaching staff who did not want that, we don't fire him. We don't hire Chizik who hires the snake-oil salesman known as Gus Malzahn. Now, we miss out on the only national championship any of us would have ever seen in our lifetime, but we don't come to expect such lofty things either. And really, weren't we all happier before we started keeping up with the Joneses?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 05:18:41 PM »
This is all Tommy Tuberville's fault. If he hadn't checked out and left it to the BBQ boys to handle things (when they clearly weren't) and hadn't introduced Tony Franklin into a coaching staff who did not want that, we don't fire him. We don't hire Chizik who hires the snake-oil salesman known as Gus Malzahn. Now, we miss out on the only national championship any of us would have ever seen in our lifetime, but we don't come to expect such lofty things either. And really, weren't we all happier before we started keeping up with the Joneses?
I would not trade the national title for anything.   

As I got older there were a couple of things I marked on my list of things I hoped to experience before I died.  

That Auburn title was one of them.  It is priceless to me.  I regret that it did not result in a decade of sustained success and only unfortunately reinforced the wrong-headed obstinacy of both Gene and Gus.  

Also on the list? World Series titles for the Red Sox and Cubs.  

My biggest gripe with Gus is his blindness. His way works or he has no answer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 06:22:58 PM »

Has the constant roller coaster circus of the Malzahn era beaten that out of us? Has the relentless dominance of Saban’s teams taken the fun out of the game to the point we don’t care any longer?

Maybe we can’t personally pay his buyout.  Maybe we don’t have the ear of the President.  But should we just sit back and take this shit? 

Im too old to be scoping out floor plans gauging kitchens to stairwells with salads and what not. Security is much better these days plus I have my grand children to think about. Sorry!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 06:51:53 PM »
I think Leath is culpable having helped Jacob's broker this fleecing with Sexton. Rest assured some sizable back-end money changed hands to make this happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 10:50:29 PM »

Maybe we can’t personally pay his buyout.  Maybe we don’t have the ear of the President.  But should we just sit back and take this shit? 

Yes and yes.

Fuckitall.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 01:10:42 AM »
I’m so fucking tired of Bama fans they dominate and we shut the bed at home as a 15.5 favorite. Gus is rich beyond his wildest dreams and our beloved program is headed for the worst 5 year stretch in school history. I think we should sue him for the money he’s stolen from us. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 04:38:22 AM »
I say we continue to pay him (by law) but suspend him indefinitely.

Really! What use is his silly ass on the sidelines if he's a symbol of failure for the chuckleheaded media to ridicule and/or shame? 
Look at stupid Auburn...again!
There's also a negative stigma for the team to have to deal with his being out there acting as if he isn't screening plays or coachspeaking afterwards.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 08:59:13 AM »

Maybe we can’t personally pay his buyout.  Maybe we don’t have the ear of the President.  But should we just sit back and take this shoot? 

May I have 1,000,000 marbles, please?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 09:18:52 AM »
I ran the numbers, if we can get 88,000 to chip in 363 we could buy him out. Pass the fucking hat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 09:20:54 AM »
I say we continue to pay him (by law) but suspend him indefinitely.

You actually pose an interesting thought.  I wonder what his contract reads.  Move him to another position on the staff? Head Waterboy....it still says head in your name. 

6.8 million a year is cheaper than the buyout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 09:24:05 AM »
You actually pose an interesting thought.  I wonder what his contract reads.  Move him to another position on the staff? Head Waterboy....it still says head in your name.

Water sucks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 09:38:57 AM »

Image result for Water Boy memes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 09:42:47 AM »
May I have 1,000,000 marbles, please?
No prisoners! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 09:48:55 AM »
I say we continue to pay him (by law) but suspend him indefinitely.

Really! What use is his silly ass on the sidelines if he's a symbol of failure for the chuckleheaded media to ridicule and/or shame?
Look at stupid Auburn...again!
There's also a negative stigma for the team to have to deal with his being out there acting as if he isn't screening plays or coachspeaking afterwards.
Can't we just get a fall guy to come forward and say Gus touched them inappropriately?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 09:57:24 AM »
Can't we just get a fall guy to come forward and say Gus touched them inappropriately?
Yep.  Where is #metoo when you really need them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 10:02:16 AM »
He shoved his twirlybird in my face!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions