Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who's head will roll after this season?

Ogre

Who's head will roll after this season?
« on: September 16, 2007, 09:14:11 AM »
To me it's pretty obvious there are going to be some coaching changes in the upcoming offseason.  If it were up to you, who do you can at seasons end and why?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Who's head will roll after this season?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 12:37:25 PM »
Fat boy has become too predictable. When the fat woman wearing the walmark shirt that sat 2 rows ahead of me this past weekend called the play as the boys meandered to the line of scrimmage, it became fairly obvious that everyone had a copy of Borges' playbook.

He was great in 2004, hell who couldn't have been with that team, but ever since his badass hot wife had the kid a couple of years ago, his playcalling has gone to shit. Time for him to go.

Is there a coach anywhere in America that could come in and remove the cement from our WR's and TE's hands? If I were the marketing dude at UnderArmor, I'd sue Auburn University. No one is going to want to wear one of their gloves after this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 11:37:10 PM »
As good a recruiter as the coaches say Knox is, it cannot outweigh his ineptness at coaching.  He MUST go, either to a cushy desk job recruiting only, or onto a I-AA school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:28:19 AM »
Al has stopped expecting miracles out of the guys. You can't tell me that the current crop of players cannot run the same plays as 2004. Players will do their best to do whatever you ask of them.  They may not be as successful, but hell, even 70% success would put us at 3 - 0 right now. Vanilla is an understatement for this offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 11:59:26 AM »
That's what I'm talking about! Kodi has been on the Plains since June (give or take). He has 3 plays down pat....WTF? That's learning 1 play per month. Even when Cox was in starting the season, we ran the same 5-7 dadgummed plays over and over and over. Shit, it started that way this past Saturday. I was up there in section 107 think, "Fuck, here we go again." Something happened at halftime and we came out with an imagination.

Would it be better to have Borges in the booth rather than on the field? I think if I were the head ball coach, I'd want my offensive guru up in the booth so he could get a birdseye view on how to better attack the defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 01:41:33 PM »
Borges needs to get a HC job and move on if he's not going to be any more innovative than the shit he's been calling the last year and a half.  I can hear all the "Well, you guys loved him when you were winning" crap.  Hey, it was the same with Bowden.  Tot took EVERYTHING they did for those two years, balled it up and threw it in the shitter.  He said openly that "I told you I was going to run my Diddy's offense".  I hated Bowden because he wasn't doing the same things that made him and this program successful.

Well, can anyone say that Borges is running anything that even remotely resembles his 04' offense?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 01:57:04 PM »
I remember in 04 (and 05 for that matter) we had a misdirection play where the QB took the snap and the push went to the right side. The TE on the weak side delayed about 2 seconds then trailed off to the left side and was W I D E open. That play went for at least 10 yards every time. I haven't seen it called since the 05 season.

Hell, I'd even have Kodi lined up beside Brandon in the backfield where either one of them could take the snap. Anything to get the defense guessing. We did some shifts this past week, which was an encouraging sign. Tate needs to turn upfield. He is trying too hard to beat the defense to the corners and it isn't working.

Defensively, we have got to teach the guys to wrap up the ballcarrier. This past Saturday, I lost track of the number of times we had the runner 3-4 yards in the backfield only to let him slip out of an arm tackle and gain 5 yards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 02:04:02 PM »
I remember in 04 (and 05 for that matter) we had a misdirection play where the QB took the snap and the push went to the right side. The TE on the weak side delayed about 2 seconds then trailed off to the left side and was W I D E open. That play went for at least 10 yards every time. I haven't seen it called since the 05 season.

Hell, I'd even have Kodi lined up beside Brandon in the backfield where either one of them could take the snap. Anything to get the defense guessing. We did some shifts this past week, which was an encouraging sign. Tate needs to turn upfield. He is trying too hard to beat the defense to the corners and it isn't working.

Defensively, we have got to teach the guys to wrap up the ballcarrier. This past Saturday, I lost track of the number of times we had the runner 3-4 yards in the backfield only to let him slip out of an arm tackle and gain 5 yards.
Why does Tate think everytime he gets the ball he has to break it outside, he runs 20 yards sideways and makes 1 yard, The Playcalling has been horrible so far I hope he opens it up for the gaytors
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 04:22:31 AM »
I voted for Al Borges......"da skreets"!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 08:27:54 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.